Bears Game 5 vs Vikings, MNF

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Re: Bears Game 5 vs Vikings, MNF

Postby BigbadB » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:18 pm

I think it's a bit early to think Shaheen is garbage. Fox has basically had to go rookie at secondary RB and at QB now, and he's got two vets ahead of Shaheen on the depth chart, so this is a place he probably feels justified playing the vet over a rookie. If Shaheen develops as the season progresses, I like him as a combination with Miller or some other decent TE via free agency in the offseason. Get Meredith and White (LOL) healthy, hang on to Kendall Wright, and pick up a Jeffrey/Landry type of FA, and draft another guy and I think you have the talent to go into 2018 with WR as a strength. Wheaton and Sims have been absolute garbage (catching balls) and don't currently deserve playing time.

Seems Willie Young's time in Chicago is likely over. I enjoyed seeing him play for the Bears. I think they got his best seasons.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:27 pm

BigbadB wrote:I think it's a bit early to think Shaheen is garbage. Fox has basically had to go rookie at secondary RB and at QB now, and he's got two vets ahead of Shaheen on the depth chart, so this is a place he probably feels justified playing the vet over a rookie. If Shaheen develops as the season progresses, I like him as a combination with Miller or some other decent TE via free agency in the offseason. Get Meredith and White (LOL) healthy, hang on to Kendall Wright, and pick up a Jeffrey/Landry type of FA, and draft another guy and I think you have the talent to go into 2018 with WR as a strength. Wheaton and Sims have been absolute garbage (catching balls) and don't currently deserve playing time.

Seems Willie Young's time in Chicago is likely over. I enjoyed seeing him play for the Bears. I think they got his best seasons.
he was a garbage 2nd round pick.
Maybe one day he'll get into the rotation but he was drafted in the 2nd round by a team with many holes and no weapons and he can't see the field. That's bad.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

KingCubsFan
All-Star

Postby KingCubsFan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:05 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
BigbadB wrote:I think it's a bit early to think Shaheen is garbage. Fox has basically had to go rookie at secondary RB and at QB now, and he's got two vets ahead of Shaheen on the depth chart, so this is a place he probably feels justified playing the vet over a rookie. If Shaheen develops as the season progresses, I like him as a combination with Miller or some other decent TE via free agency in the offseason. Get Meredith and White (LOL) healthy, hang on to Kendall Wright, and pick up a Jeffrey/Landry type of FA, and draft another guy and I think you have the talent to go into 2018 with WR as a strength. Wheaton and Sims have been absolute garbage (catching balls) and don't currently deserve playing time.

Maybe one day he'll get into the rotation but he was drafted in the 2nd round by a team with many holes and no weapons and he can't see the field. That's bad.

Yep. Trubisky forced the issue. Tarik forced the issue. The fact that Shaheen hasn't doesn't bode well for his future.
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:55 pm

KingCubsFan wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

Yep. Trubisky forced the issue. Tarik forced the issue. The fact that Shaheen hasn't doesn't bode well for his future.

Trubisky didn't force the issue so much as Glennon did. ...I'll concede that Trubisky lighting it up in preseason helped, but if Glennon didn't suck ass as much as anyone we've ever see play the position, he'd still be starting.

Tarik...ehh... He was pretty much always going to be in the RB rotation, especially given that Carey got hurt and they were fed up with Langford.
0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:17 pm

there's something sad about the Bears trying to emulate the cubs popular social media presence by hyping up the few cool things that happen in every ugly loss

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:20 pm

yeah i was just thinking the same thing

we can tweet highlights from losses when we're winning 10+ games again...right now it just seems pathetic, even though, admittedly, that was a very cool play
0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:25 pm

i wonder how long it took whoever to find this
0 x

biittner77
Superstar

Postby biittner77 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:55 pm

That play would be even cooler if the QB passed it to the RB that got the first hand off.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star

Re: RE: Re: Bears Game 5 vs Vikings, MNF

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:16 pm

David wrote:

And then someone found footage from the 50s of a team running it.

How the hell do people have such memories
0 x

MWV
All-Star

Re: RE: Re: Bears Game 5 vs Vikings, MNF

Postby MWV » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:25 pm

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:
David wrote:

And then someone found footage from the 50s of a team running it.

How the hell do people have such memories

Not playing football.
3 x

Return to “Other Sports”