NFL Week 5

User avatar
bcl412
Superstar
Posts: 15151
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:02 pm
Location: Boston
x 189
x 420

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby bcl412 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:43 pm

I wish Green Bay had a defense that I could somewhat trust in. Aaron Rodgers is a pretty solid QB though.
0 x

User avatar
Cubswin11
Superstar
Posts: 16686
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 1817
x 1947

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby Cubswin11 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:27 am

bcl412 wrote:I wish Green Bay had a defense that I could somewhat trust in. Aaron Rodgers is a pretty solid QB though.

Seems like another year of 2nd or 3rd playoff exit. Even with Rodgers wizardry the defense just isn’t there to go all the way and the injuries are already piling up.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
Stannis
RIP Sulley
Posts: 45664
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:17 pm
Location: Winterfell
x 136
x 399

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby Stannis » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:11 am

Cubswin11 wrote:
bcl412 wrote:I wish Green Bay had a defense that I could somewhat trust in. Aaron Rodgers is a pretty solid QB though.

Seems like another year of 2nd or 3rd playoff exit. Even with Rodgers wizardry the defense just isn’t there to go all the way and the injuries are already piling up.


injuries don't matter, the Packers have one player who is any damned good and he makes the other guys look ok.
0 x
“I am not without mercy,” thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.

User avatar
Stannis
RIP Sulley
Posts: 45664
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:17 pm
Location: Winterfell
x 136
x 399

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby Stannis » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:31 am

Watson starting to look bad when you take away his one read.
0 x
“I am not without mercy,” thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.

soccer10k
Hall of Fame
Posts: 35752
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:21 pm
Location: Sacramento
x 674

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby soccer10k » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:48 am

Jerry Jones said after today's game that any Cowboys player who doesn't stand for the anthem won't play.

It won't happen but man I want to see like 30 players call his bluff next week and kneel.
0 x
In Theo we trust.

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 2185
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 248

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:54 am

Watson working garbage time like a pro
0 x

User avatar
Soul
Resident Cat Lady
Posts: 40581
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:19 pm
Location: In the throes of Cub madness
x 6
x 44

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby Soul » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:19 pm

soccer10k wrote:Jerry Jones said after today's game that any Cowboys player who doesn't stand for the anthem won't play.

It won't happen but man I want to see like 30 players call his bluff next week and kneel.


Didn't he kneel with them?
0 x
Do you wanna party? IT'S PARTY TIME!!

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 64762
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 449
x 1124

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby Derwood » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:50 pm

Old white guys thinking that pushing back hard against these protests will get the players in line says everything about why the protests are happening to begin with
0 x
Image

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 32029
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 425
x 3357

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:04 pm

Adrian Peterson is heading to the Cardinals
0 x
Image

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 72767
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 1926
x 2650
Contact:

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:45 pm



Oh man that's rough
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 32029
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 425
x 3357

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:57 pm

CJ need more job
0 x
Image

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 2185
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 248

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:50 pm

Broken collarbone for Erin Rodgers
0 x

LeonDurham
Starter
Posts: 855
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:30 am
x 1
x 82

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby LeonDurham » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:47 pm

Stupidest rule in all sports. Lose the ball in the end zone and it’s a touchback and other team gets it. Defies logic.
0 x

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 30525
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:02 am
Location: West Michigan
x 321

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby Andy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:52 pm

LeonDurham wrote:Stupidest rule in all sports. Lose the ball in the end zone and it’s a touchback and other team gets it. Defies logic.

It's even stupider when you didn't lose the ball. That was one of the most hilariously bad calls in NFL history.
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 57899
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 5371
x 3305

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby David » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:42 pm

Green Bay is totally going to Spurs/Tim Duncan their way into yet another HOF quarterback this year aren't they
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
Flames24Rulz
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22204
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:37 pm
Location: Rockford, IL
x 115
x 22
Contact:

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby Flames24Rulz » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:56 pm

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:Broken collarbone for Erin Rodgers


get it? because if you call him Erin, that makes him a female and a lesser man.
2 x

LeonDurham
Starter
Posts: 855
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:30 am
x 1
x 82

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby LeonDurham » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:40 pm

Andy wrote:
LeonDurham wrote:Stupidest rule in all sports. Lose the ball in the end zone and it’s a touchback and other team gets it. Defies logic.

It's even stupider when you didn't lose the ball. That was one of the most hilariously bad calls in NFL history.



Yeah, it was bad all around.

But the end zone fumble touchback rule is non-sensical and caused it all. The only place in the field where the other team doesn't even take the ball away and you not only lose possession, you also lose 20 yards. It should be changed. Give the offense the ball. I have no idea what the basis of the rule is. Perhaps it was rational years ago before helmets and before Knute Rockne invented the forward pass.

Get rid of it like the tuck rule. Of course, the Pats use it to their advantage before it dies.
0 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 10978
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1107
x 337

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:28 pm

David wrote:Green Bay is totally going to Spurs/Tim Duncan their way into yet another HOF quarterback this year aren't they

He's only 33 still. A little early to start talking about drafting an heir apparent unless this injury shortens his career. Plus unless they Really suck without Rodgers, they aren't finishing top 5 pick.
0 x
Image

User avatar
PackLandVA
All-Star
Posts: 1274
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:42 pm
Location: Always a few steps from where I want to be
x 28
x 69

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby PackLandVA » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:31 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:
We Got The Whole 9 wrote:Broken collarbone for Erin Rodgers


get it? because if you call him Erin, that makes him a female and a lesser man.


Erin Henderson disagrees.
0 x
Sticks the landing!!!

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 57899
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 5371
x 3305

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby David » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:13 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
David wrote:Green Bay is totally going to Spurs/Tim Duncan their way into yet another HOF quarterback this year aren't they

He's only 33 still. A little early to start talking about drafting an heir apparent unless this injury shortens his career. Plus unless they Really suck without Rodgers, they aren't finishing top 5 pick.

How are they not going to really suck?
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
Cubswin11
Superstar
Posts: 16686
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 1817
x 1947

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:26 am

David wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
David wrote:Green Bay is totally going to Spurs/Tim Duncan their way into yet another HOF quarterback this year aren't they

He's only 33 still. A little early to start talking about drafting an heir apparent unless this injury shortens his career. Plus unless they Really suck without Rodgers, they aren't finishing top 5 pick.

How are they not going to really suck?

They are going to suck but already at 4 wins they probably will win 1 to 3 more games, they have the Browns, Bears, Vikings, Lions x2, Bucs and Ravens left on the schedule. There’s a win or 3 in there and that’s enough to keep them closer to pick 10/12 than top 5 probably.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 57899
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 5371
x 3305

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby David » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:33 am

Cubswin11 wrote:
David wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:He's only 33 still. A little early to start talking about drafting an heir apparent unless this injury shortens his career. Plus unless they Really suck without Rodgers, they aren't finishing top 5 pick.

How are they not going to really suck?

They are going to suck but already at 4 wins they probably will win 1 to 3 more games, they have the Browns, Bears, Vikings, Lions x2, Bucs and Ravens left on the schedule. There’s a win or 2 in there and that’s enough to keep them closer to pick 10/12 than top 5 probably.


that roster sans rodgers is mostly a dumpster fire but the browns are pretty damn bad, i guess.

also, in response to wrigley, even tho i was mostly making a joke with that post, rodgers will about a year younger on draft day than favre was when they drafted him, fwiw.
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 10978
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1107
x 337

Re: NFL Week 5

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:43 am

David wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:
David wrote:How are they not going to really suck?

They are going to suck but already at 4 wins they probably will win 1 to 3 more games, they have the Browns, Bears, Vikings, Lions x2, Bucs and Ravens left on the schedule. There’s a win or 2 in there and that’s enough to keep them closer to pick 10/12 than top 5 probably.


that roster sans rodgers is mostly a dumpster fire but the browns are pretty damn bad, i guess.

also, in response to wrigley, even tho i was mostly making a joke with that post, rodgers will about a year younger on draft day than favre was when they drafted him, fwiw.

Two years younger think.

As to the other part, they are probably still good enough to back into at least two more wins.
0 x
Image


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests