2017-2018 Blackhawks

biittner77
Superstar
Posts: 10469
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:10 am
Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore
x 13
x 200

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby biittner77 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:33 pm

17 Seconds wrote:debrincat looks like a star, but that seabrook extension was crushing


I'm not sure it's crushing. It might have been had Hossa not gone on LTIR. There are worse D men making the same same as Seabrook. With reduced minutes he hasn't looked that bad if you weren't comparing him to what he used to be.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 75078
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2394
x 3607
Contact:

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:35 pm

Well the Hawks just placed Crawford on IR. Will be interesting to see the severity of the injury. But considering how much he's been doing to keep the Hawks afloat, this was not a good time for an injury.
0 x
Win it for Fred

biittner77
Superstar
Posts: 10469
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:10 am
Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore
x 13
x 200

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby biittner77 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:53 pm

UMFan83 wrote:Well the Hawks just placed Crawford on IR. Will be interesting to see the severity of the injury. But considering how much he's been doing to keep the Hawks afloat, this was not a good time for an injury.


This stretch of 5 games in 7 days was going to be tough even with Crawford so that somewhat alleviates the devastating nature of the timing of his injury.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 75078
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2394
x 3607
Contact:

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:07 pm

biittner77 wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:Well the Hawks just placed Crawford on IR. Will be interesting to see the severity of the injury. But considering how much he's been doing to keep the Hawks afloat, this was not a good time for an injury.


This stretch of 5 games in 7 days was going to be tough even with Crawford so that somewhat alleviates the devastating nature of the timing of his injury.


No doubt. Would have liked to have seen better than 1-2-2 in that stretch. I have no idea what to think of this team, some games they look like they are piecing it together, other games they look overmatched. Obviously we've been unlucky in OTs which has cost us some points. I guess overall they look like a fringe playoff team, though not a 2012 Kings type of 8 seed that can get hot and win a title (though I wouldnt completely discount it with the way Crawford has been playing). And as usual they will not have any cap space to add pieces at the deadline so this is what we're getting.
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
The_Achiever
Starter
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:28 am
x 342
x 130

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby The_Achiever » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:09 pm

biittner77 wrote:
17 Seconds wrote:debrincat looks like a star, but that seabrook extension was crushing


I'm not sure it's crushing. It might have been had Hossa not gone on LTIR. There are worse D men making the same same as Seabrook. With reduced minutes he hasn't looked that bad if you weren't comparing him to what he used to be.


Doesn't seem like Toews or Keith are nearly the players they were either (although Keith's contract is much more palatable). Not sure what can be done but I'll still take it considering they won it 3 times. If you asked me in 2006 I would have said that never could happen and it was awesome.
0 x

biittner77
Superstar
Posts: 10469
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:10 am
Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore
x 13
x 200

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby biittner77 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:19 pm

The_Achiever wrote:
biittner77 wrote:
17 Seconds wrote:debrincat looks like a star, but that seabrook extension was crushing


I'm not sure it's crushing. It might have been had Hossa not gone on LTIR. There are worse D men making the same same as Seabrook. With reduced minutes he hasn't looked that bad if you weren't comparing him to what he used to be.


Doesn't seem like Toews or Keith are nearly the players they were either (although Keith's contract is much more palatable). Not sure what can be done but I'll still take it considering they won it 3 times. If you asked me in 2006 I would have said that never could happen and it was awesome.


They have about $4 mil in cap space from Hossa' LTIR. That doesn't buy what they need but it could get them close.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 75078
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2394
x 3607
Contact:

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:19 pm

The_Achiever wrote:
biittner77 wrote:
17 Seconds wrote:debrincat looks like a star, but that seabrook extension was crushing


I'm not sure it's crushing. It might have been had Hossa not gone on LTIR. There are worse D men making the same same as Seabrook. With reduced minutes he hasn't looked that bad if you weren't comparing him to what he used to be.


Doesn't seem like Toews or Keith are nearly the players they were either (although Keith's contract is much more palatable). Not sure what can be done but I'll still take it considering they won it 3 times. If you asked me in 2006 I would have said that never could happen and it was awesome.


Yeah even if the title contending era is over I will never complain about it ending too soon with 3 titles in the bag. It just sucks that they may be hitting that point right when the Bulls and Bears are dumpster fires. Really horsefeathers season for Chicago sports since the Cubs were eliminated.
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 75078
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2394
x 3607
Contact:

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:33 am

I have to say, I don’t know if the stats agree but the Hawks look much better at puck possession lately. Some of these young guys are stepping up. Good to see
0 x
Win it for Fred

biittner77
Superstar
Posts: 10469
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:10 am
Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore
x 13
x 200

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby biittner77 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:57 pm

UMFan83 wrote:I have to say, I don’t know if the stats agree but the Hawks look much better at puck possession lately. Some of these young guys are stepping up. Good to see


https://www.naturalstattrick.com/teamtable.php

They're giving up a lot of shots but they have Crawford who's one of the best goalies in the league.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 57826
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2074
x 6794

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:33 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22332
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am
x 689
x 1195

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby 17 Seconds » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:26 am

still glad he came back
0 x

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8425
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 3098
x 309

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby Old Style » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:08 pm

Going to the game tonight. Hope the Hawks don't horsefeathers the bed.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22332
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am
x 689
x 1195

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby 17 Seconds » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:24 am

Old Style wrote:Going to the game tonight. Hope the Hawks don't horsefeathers the bed.


haha
0 x

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8425
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 3098
x 309

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby Old Style » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:58 am

17 Seconds wrote:
Old Style wrote:Going to the game tonight. Hope the Hawks don't horsefeathers the bed.


haha

Yeah, that sucked ass.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22332
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am
x 689
x 1195

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby 17 Seconds » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:37 am

this crawford injury is bad and also the hawks might be bad
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 67320
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 877
x 1751

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby Derwood » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:22 pm

17 Seconds wrote:this crawford injury is bad and also the hawks might be bad


If you want to blow it up, send the Jackets all the goal scorers you have. CBJ are in a playoff spot despite having no players in the top 40 in scoring.
0 x

User avatar
kujay
Superstar
Posts: 19563
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:46 pm
Location: Kansas City
x 3
x 16

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby kujay » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:25 pm

So, not much interest in the Hawks lately eh?

Seabrook scratch tonight may have been necessary, but shines a light on his issues. Wouldn't it just have been better to quietly shop the guy? Or is there no chance someone would take his contract?
0 x
Just an average guy with exceptional hair. No more, no less.

User avatar
Brian707
All-Star
Posts: 2519
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Algonquin IL
x 519
x 788

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby Brian707 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:35 pm

Don't think anyone would want his contract
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 57826
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2074
x 6794

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:43 pm

I don't quite get the obsession with healthy scratches. People made a big deal out of sharp sitting.

An older player not playing well takes one of 82 games off. Okay.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
kujay
Superstar
Posts: 19563
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:46 pm
Location: Kansas City
x 3
x 16

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby kujay » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:44 am

In any event they didn’t exactly miss Seabs tonight.
0 x
Just an average guy with exceptional hair. No more, no less.

biittner77
Superstar
Posts: 10469
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:10 am
Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore
x 13
x 200

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby biittner77 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:04 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:I don't quite get the obsession with healthy scratches. People made a big deal out of sharp sitting.

An older player not playing well takes one of 82 games off. Okay.


I guess that healthy scratch is worse than getting benched in other sports since there is zero chance of getting in the game to redeem yourself. It's a lot more noticeable and no other sport does that.

With regards to trading Seabrook, the obstacles in doing so are three fold. He has a no trade clause so he'd have to approve a trade which doesn't make it impossible but certainly more difficult. Second, under the CBA, the Hawks can only eat half his contract which might be enough to entice a team but that's a long time to pay somebody a lot of money to go away. Finally, for all his recent struggles, he's still Brent horsefeathering Seabrook and he's supposedly a leader in the room. People hate hearing about intangibles, me included, but people that make these kinds of decisions seem to put a lot of faith in that stuff. That being said, perhaps this sends a message to Seabrook that he should consider waiving his no trade. There *might* be a fit with Toronto who need a defenseman and Babcock really likes Seabrook. He has a bad contract but he does have an "old time hockey" element going for him.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 75078
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2394
x 3607
Contact:

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby UMFan83 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:11 am



Yessss I approve
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 15623
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: da Salish Sea
x 411
x 430

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:37 am

UMFan83 wrote:https://twitter.com/bhtveric/status/951229529388933123

Yessss I approve



What am i missing
0 x
Image

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 75078
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2394
x 3607
Contact:

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby UMFan83 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:50 am

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:https://twitter.com/bhtveric/status/951229529388933123

Yessss I approve



What am i missing


Panik was a bad contract. We get out of that contract and get a speedy young forward who puts up decent numbers and still has a high ceiling. He is an RFA after this year so if he doesn’t work out you can cut bait and save $3m in cap space by not having Panik

Edit: oh and it creates cap space this season to make other moves
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 15623
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: da Salish Sea
x 411
x 430

Re: 2017-2018 Blackhawks

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:03 am

Ah
0 x
Image


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest