Bears game 6: Joey Elite vs. Elite Rushing game 10/15 at Noon on Fox

r_mack
Role Player

Re: Bears game 6: Joey Elite vs. Elite Rushing game 10/15 at Noon on CBS I think

Postby r_mack » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:55 am

Congrats to the lucky few
0 x

Proven Veteran
All-Star

Re: Bears game 6: Joey Elite vs. Elite Rushing game 10/15 at Noon on CBS I think

Postby Proven Veteran » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:46 am

Gentry is back, Thompson gone. I wonder if Mitch asked for him.
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:54 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
rawaction wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:Bears are road team so its on Fox.

And they are 7 point underdogs FYI.

Game flexed to CBS.

Nope, next weeks game vs CAR was flexed to CBS. This game is FOX.

Ah yeah, you're right.
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:43 am

r_mack wrote:Congrats to the lucky few

Going to Bdubs with my tunity app
0 x
“I am not without mercy,” thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: Bears game 6: Joey Elite vs. Elite Rushing game 10/15 at Noon on Fox

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:54 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:02 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:https://twitter.com/adamjahns/status/918593691526328320

Might as well just reach an injury settlement with him and go find some other young fringe WR that we can try to strike lighting in a bottle with.
0 x

Cubswin11
Superstar

Postby Cubswin11 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:21 pm

I know there’s been some injury bad luck but this team did a miserable job surrounding a rookie QB with WR talent.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:02 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:I know there’s been some injury bad luck but this team did a miserable job surrounding a rookie QB with WR talent.

Counting on Meredith to be a legit 1 based on partial season production was already a risk, but then zero other decent receivers was insane. When you intentionally go with no depth you can't blame injuries for ruining a season.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:13 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:I know there’s been some injury bad luck but this team did a miserable job surrounding a rookie QB with WR talent.

Counting on Meredith to be a legit 1 based on partial season production was already a risk, but then zero other decent receivers was insane. When you intentionally go with no depth you can't blame injuries for ruining a season.

Agreed.

The only way this was going to be a good WR group, even with health, was a breakout Kevin White. Wheaton and Wright were decent "upside on a slot receiver" gambles, but it was never really enough.

Health (projecting what a healthy White and Wheaton look like) make this, what a bottom third WR group as opposed to the worst WR corps in the league?
0 x

Cubswin11
Superstar

Postby Cubswin11 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:43 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:

Oh for sure, it’s still ridiculous to me they didn’t franchise tag Alshon. Unless there’s some big time personality issues they had. Just awful roster construction/helping out a rookie.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:54 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

Oh for sure, it’s still ridiculous to me they didn’t franchise tag Alshon. Unless there’s some big time personality issues they had. Just awful roster construction/helping out a rookie.

You mean a second franchise tag? I guess they could have, though FYI his market value ended up being 8m less than that. A long term deal would have been best, but it seems Alshon never got a long term deal he valued (from anyone).
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:45 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:

Wright was signed to be decent depth, but i would have drafted a WR.
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:53 pm

I would go WR in first this year. I love Ridley, think he'll be an ODB-like player.

Then sign Landry. Then you have an instantly-deep receiving corp to play with Trubisky. Meredith and White are simply depth.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:55 pm

Stannis wrote:I would go WR in first this year. I love Ridley, think he'll be an ODB-like player.

Then sign Landry. Then you have an instantly-deep receiving corp to play with Trubisky. Meredith and White are simply depth.

As desperate as they are, they still can't afford to lock in at WR.
2 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:29 pm

Stannis wrote:think he'll be an ODB-like player

Given that this is the Bears, seems like pretty good odds that he turns out to play football as well as the other ODB.
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:44 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Stannis wrote:I would go WR in first this year. I love Ridley, think he'll be an ODB-like player.

I think they can, assuming Trubisky is the franchise QB (also means WR is the only dire need) . I mean, drafting a WR #1 and signing one in the offseason isn't really "locking-in" so much as it is solidifying the position. The rest of the draft and FA can be used on depth up front on both sides of the ball. Assuming Sitton has another year in him and the rest of the line continues to perform as they have over the past two seasons.

the potential emergence of another Carson Wentz minimizes any need this team has outside of WR.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Stannis wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

I think they can, assuming Trubisky is the franchise QB (also means WR is the only dire need) . I mean, drafting a WR #1 and signing one in the offseason isn't really "locking-in" so much as it is solidifying the position. The rest of the draft and FA can be used on depth up front on both sides of the ball. Assuming Sitton has another year in him and the rest of the line continues to perform as they have over the past two seasons.

the potential emergence of another Carson Wentz minimizes any need this team has outside of WR.

I'd argue there is a real need for a defensive playmaker. If they have a chance to draft one rated higher than any particular WR, but instead take a WR just because they really need one, that's a huge missed opportunity.
1 x

KingCubsFan
All-Star

Postby KingCubsFan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:30 pm

Stannis wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

If Trubisky is truly a franchise QB then the Bears just need to surround him with competent WRs. The Bears need too many impact players on D to waste a top 5 pick on a WR.
1 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:59 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Stannis wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:As desperate as they are, they still can't afford to lock in at WR.

I'd argue there is a real need for a defensive playmaker. If they have a chance to draft one rated higher than any particular WR, but instead take a WR just because they really need one, that's a huge missed opportunity.

Yea get someone who can maybe create a few turnovers and not have us bottom in the league in turnover differential.
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:31 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Stannis wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:As desperate as they are, they still can't afford to lock in at WR.

I mean, if there's a can't-miss beast on defense there, of course you take him.

I'm not saying reach for. WR, either. But Ridley is a guy who's gonna be a star.
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:36 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
Stannis wrote:

Yea get someone who can maybe create a few turnovers and not have us bottom in the league in turnover differential.

I don't get this. The best way to take the ball away isn't to have a bunch of gamblers in the secondary or to have every one tackle the ball while a dude carries them 10 yards downfield. The best way is to get pressure on the QB. The bears do that ok, and hopefully it continues.
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:38 pm

I mean Floyd tackled a guy in the end zone and Hicks pushed a dude into his QB. It was pure luck that Bradford didn't cough up the ball.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:40 pm

I agree with that. Go get us more pass rushers. That was another area Pace way under planned for.
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:45 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:I agree with that. Go get us more pass rushers. That was another area Pace way under planned for.

The lack of INTs actually speak to a lack of urgency and desperation opposing offenses feel, which is related to playing from behind.
0 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:56 pm

I wasn't thrilled with how Jeffery responded to a 'contract year' last year. The suspension really was the last straw after all the time missed to injuries he possibly could have played through.

But [expletive] they could have just given him Glennon's money and re-signed Hoyer, even though that was a case of that movie being seen before. I know Hoyer can't make all the throws but in general I felt comfortable he wouldn't throw games away, either.
0 x

Return to “Other Sports”