2017-18 Bulls Thread - Fly the Tank W

cwood218
Role Player

Re: 2017-18 Bulls Thread - Fly the Tank W

Postby cwood218 » Fri May 18, 2018 3:08 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Regular Show wrote:
UK wrote:
There's no value in that 22nd pick, it might get them to 6 at best. They'd have to include an unconditional #1 next year to get into top 4 range.

Yeah, the 22nd pick doesn't have that much value. I don't think the pick for next year's draft would have to be unconditional to move up. You could probably put some limited protection on it, but all teams know the Bulls will probably be better next year so that pick would most likely fall somewhere in the 10-15 range.

The package would have to be this year's pick + next year's pick (limited protection) + probably B. Portis + maybe a 2nd round pick down the road. It would hurt to move up.

Interestingly, Bobby Portis was pick 22 which is about as good of a turnout you could realistically hope for with that level pick.

I'm not sure I like any attempt to move up. I'd rather take two swings at building assets.

and jimmy butler was the 30th pick.
0 x

davell
Hall of Fame

Postby davell » Fri May 18, 2018 3:32 pm

Stay put. And add at least a 2nd Rounder to it. Picks 20-40 are basically the same caliber guy in this draft. Might as well add to your chances. And you can buy a 2nd from someone obviously and use the "currency" we earned lastyear, by selling ours off lol.
0 x
Additional rule: you have to have one or the other.The only exception is you have an amazing board name. davell, I'm looking at you; put up a [expletive] avatar or something if your name only sounds like somebody tried say Dave as they lapsed into a coma.

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Fri May 18, 2018 5:31 pm

Any 20-40 sleepers you guys like?

Hate the guy's guts, but I actually think Grayson Allen could be a decent pick at 22. He's a guy that should be able to crack a rotation as a rookie, and can shoot the ball or do some slashing. May be a similar player to what the Bulls were hoping McDermott would be, but easily more athletic.

Chandler Hutchinson seems to be pretty interesting too, though he may be gone late teens.
0 x

Cubswin11
Superstar

Postby Cubswin11 » Fri May 18, 2018 5:33 pm

rawaction wrote:Any 20-40 sleepers you guys like?

Hate the guy's guts, but I actually think Grayson Allen could be a decent pick at 22. He's a guy that should be able to crack a rotation as a rookie, and can shoot the ball or do some slashing. May be a similar player to what the Bulls were hoping McDermott would be, but easily more athletic.

Chandler Hutchinson seems to be pretty interesting too, though he may be gone late teens.

I posted about Hutchinson a few months ago as my sleeper. I really like him. I like Allen too for a 20+ round guy and the Divancinzo (spelling, I know) guy from Nova.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

davell
Hall of Fame

Postby davell » Fri May 18, 2018 6:00 pm

Hutchison didn't work out at the combine, seems to have a landing spot that he's sure of. I like him a bunch and if we take a big at 7, I'd love him at 22. Kind of agree though, doubt he's there.

As a UNC guy, I can't let myself say Allen would be nice at 22. But, I can't argue with anything you said on him and his measurables were excellent, as was his athleticism yesterday.

If we go wing at 7, I'd roll the dice on Mitchell Robinson at 22. But, he may not make it that far. Same with Jontay Porter.

If Troy Brown is available at 22, I'd be ecstatic.

A few others I really like are Jacob Evans, Bruce Brown, Chimezie Metu, and Josh Okogie. But, not at 22, if we trade for an early to mid 2nd.

I'm trying to talk myself into Bates-Diop, but I just see rotation upside, even if it's immediate. Love his measureables, but don't know if he can slash or shoot the 3 well enough, to turn into a starter. As a 2nd rounder, I wouldn't hesitate, but I'm currently not a fan of him at 22.
0 x
Additional rule: you have to have one or the other.The only exception is you have an amazing board name. davell, I'm looking at you; put up a [expletive] avatar or something if your name only sounds like somebody tried say Dave as they lapsed into a coma.

The_Achiever
Starter

Postby The_Achiever » Fri May 18, 2018 6:03 pm

As douchey as I find Allen I would be pretty pleased if they got him @ 22.

Joakim Noah annoyed me greatly at Florida and he turned out pretty well for the Bulls too.
0 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Fri May 18, 2018 6:12 pm

If the Bulls are confident in Porter's health and worry about him not making it to 7, swapping 4 and 7 seems possible.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/277 ... erall-pick

I don't know enough about the NBA draft pick values to know what they need to kick in to move up 3 spots.
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Fri May 18, 2018 6:16 pm

As someone who you all know only follows college sports to the extent of what he happens to see on highlight shows or Twitter, I had no idea Allen was this good of an athlete

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/5/17/ ... mbers-duke
0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Fri May 18, 2018 6:20 pm

I'm not sure about the translation of those combine tests. Jontay Porter cracked the top 5 in the shuttle run, and watching him play nearly 30 games he is...not explosive or laterally quick.
0 x

davell
Hall of Fame

Postby davell » Fri May 18, 2018 6:44 pm

Brian wrote:If the Bulls are confident in Porter's health and worry about him not making it to 7, swapping 4 and 7 seems possible.

I don't know enough about the NBA draft pick values to know what they need to kick in to move up 3 spots.

Take on Parsons deal. He's got 2/50 left on it. That gets you from 7 to 4, plus the 32nd pick, and maybe a protected future 1st as well.
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Fri May 18, 2018 7:17 pm

davell wrote:

Hutchison didn't work out at the combine, seems to have a landing spot that he's sure of. I like him a bunch and if we take a big at 7, I'd love him at 22. Kind of agree though, doubt he's there.

As a UNC guy, I can't let myself say Allen would be nice at 22. But, I can't argue with anything you said on him and his measurables were excellent, as was his athleticism yesterday.

If we go wing at 7, I'd roll the dice on Mitchell Robinson at 22. But, he may not make it that far. Same with Jontay Porter.

If Troy Brown is available at 22, I'd be ecstatic.

A few others I really like are Jacob Evans, Bruce Brown, Chimezie Metu, and Josh Okogie. But, not at 22, if we trade for an early to mid 2nd.

I'm trying to talk myself into Bates-Diop, but I just see rotation upside, even if it's immediate. Love his measureables, but don't know if he can slash or shoot the 3 well enough, to turn into a starter. As a 2nd rounder, I wouldn't hesitate, but I'm currently not a fan of him at 22.

LOL. I don't know any of these guys, except for Bates-Diop. And I agree with you on him. He made a huge improvement this year, but still has to do more and he doesn't have enough projectability to me. Rather have a guy that does at least 1 thing really good.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:05 pm

davell wrote:
Brian wrote:If the Bulls are confident in Porter's health and worry about him not making it to 7, swapping 4 and 7 seems possible.

Take on Parsons deal. He's got 2/50 left on it. That gets you from 7 to 4, plus the 32nd pick, and maybe a protected future 1st as well.

Are they severely up against the luxury tax or something?
0 x

Cubswin11
Superstar

Postby Cubswin11 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:39 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
davell wrote:

They’re about $15-16 mil under but I bet they’d entertain getting out of his garbage deal and dumping a garbage player for only dropping back a few picks.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

davell
Hall of Fame

Postby davell » Fri May 18, 2018 8:59 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
davell wrote:

They’re about $15-16 mil under but I bet they’d entertain getting out of his garbage deal and dumping a garbage player for only dropping back a few picks.

Yeah, by doing it, they'd actually be under the cap and be involved with FA, in a year not many teams are. They could add a very solid guy and some bench help to a team they expect to be in the playoffs next year.
1 x

Bobson Dugnutt
All-Star

Postby Bobson Dugnutt » Fri May 18, 2018 9:00 pm

any interesting draft and stash guys projected to be available around 22? the bulls have had some success with that approach in recent-ish years with Asik and Mirotic.
0 x

davell
Hall of Fame

Postby davell » Fri May 18, 2018 9:04 pm

Bobson Dugnutt wrote:any interesting draft and stash guys projected to be available around 22? the bulls have had some success with that approach in recent-ish years with Asik and Mirotic.

There's been talk of Dzanan Musa staying overseas for a year. He potentially is worth taking at 22. I'm a big fan of Isaac Bonga, but he's not a 1st rounder.
0 x

Bobson Dugnutt
All-Star

Postby Bobson Dugnutt » Fri May 18, 2018 9:45 pm

davell wrote:Isaac Bonga

Sold. Take him at 7.
0 x

davell
Hall of Fame

Postby davell » Sat May 19, 2018 3:44 pm

According to NBADraft.Net, we're the landing spot for Chandler Hutchison at 22 and the Lakers are the same for Mitchell Robinson, at 25. Both p!ayers decided against working out at the combine, indicating they had a guarantee in place.
0 x

davell
Hall of Fame

Postby davell » Sat May 19, 2018 4:14 pm

Some rumors from the Combine that could shape things up for is at 7.....

1. Phoenix- Ayton
2. Sacramento- Bamba or MPJ
3. Atlanta- Trae Young
4. Memphis- Prefers trading down to take Mikal Bridges
5. Dallas-
6. Orlando-
7. Chicago-

If the top 3 goes like that, you've got Doncic, Bagley, JJJ, and one of Bamba or MPJ still there at 7. Maybe more than one, as Orlando seems to be looking at PG's hard. So maybe Sexton goes there.
0 x

ChiCubsFan
All-Star

Postby ChiCubsFan » Sat May 19, 2018 4:41 pm

davell wrote:Some rumors from the Combine that could shape things up for is at 7.....

1. Phoenix- Ayton
3. Atlanta- Trae Young
5. Dallas-
6. Orlando-
7. Chicago-

If the top 3 goes like that, you've got Doncic, Bagley, JJJ, and one of Bamba or MPJ still there at 7. Maybe more than one, as Orlando seems to be looking at PG's hard. So maybe Sexton goes there.

Pretty sure Memphis being willing to trade down assumed Doncic was gone at 1 or 2
0 x
ChiCubsFan-Mark

Ski wrote:"If you don't commit suicide if the Cubs lose in the first round, you're not a Cubs fan."

davell
Hall of Fame

Postby davell » Sat May 19, 2018 4:57 pm

ChiCubsFan wrote:
davell wrote:Some rumors from the Combine that could shape things up for is at 7.....

1. Phoenix- Ayton
3. Atlanta- Trae Young
5. Dallas-
6. Orlando-
7. Chicago-

Pretty sure Memphis being willing to trade down assumed Doncic was gone at 1 or 2

Probably so. But, it seems like Doncic may be leveraging where he wants to go to, based on some rumors too. If so, I doubt it'd be Memphis.

Cleveland or Philly moving up to 4? Knicks maybe?

No idea. It's all just rumors, but it'd be great if one of Bagley or Bamba somehow dropped to 7. Bagley seems borderline feasible actually.
0 x

Thrilho
Starter

Postby Thrilho » Sat May 19, 2018 5:14 pm

Regular Show wrote:The package would have to be this year's pick + next year's pick (limited protection) + probably B. Portis + maybe a 2nd round pick down the road.

I’d be fine with this. Bulls need a star, and a guy in the mold of Durant sounds like a good fit. I don’t know much about these other guys who are likely to be available at 7, but doesn’t sound like most have star potential. Or if they do it’s at volume shooting combo guard, which doesn’t work out very often.

If they like MPJ they ought to be willing to trade everything that isn’t nailed down to go get him. If the gamble hits and he’s really good then you can probably attract a big name FA. If it fails and he bust spectacularly then the “robbing Peter to pay Paul” aspect of trading everything for a bust will probably land them at the top of the lottery again in 2020. When your only shot of winning a title or even being in the conversation is hitting on a super star these are the types of gambles you’ve got to take, IMO.
0 x

Thrilho
Starter

Postby Thrilho » Sat May 19, 2018 5:34 pm

1. Phoenix- Ayton
3. Atlanta- Trae Young
5. Dallas-
6. Orlando-
7. Chicago-

Or if some of these rumors are true you could be trading up for Bagley, which would be cool too.
0 x

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Sat May 19, 2018 11:39 pm

Thrilho wrote:

1. Phoenix- Ayton
3. Atlanta- Trae Young
5. Dallas-
6. Orlando-
7. Chicago-

Or if some of these rumors are true you could be trading up for Bagley, which would be cool too.

I'm the high guy on Bagley here. I think he'll end up being the best player from this draft, but I'm not going to lie -- if he ends up going to Sacramento I doubt that happens. Young drafted players go to die there lol. Their system sucks and players rarely develop there for whatever reason. I pray Doncic doesn't end up going there.

I'd be pretty content to trade up to 4 if Memphis wants to move down. I feel like Dallas will take either Bagley or Bamba at 5. Not sure what Memphis would demand for the Bulls to move up. Memphis does owe a future 1st round pick to Boston.
0 x

davell
Hall of Fame

Postby davell » Sun May 20, 2018 12:14 am

I think Ayton is the best player in the draft, but I do think Bagley is an All Star.

7 seems ideal for them to trade down to, if they want Mikal Bridges. Taking on Parson's deal and giving us 32 is my hope for the trade. But, I only do it for Bagley and maybe Doncic. Otherwise, I will roll the dice and hope for MPJ to be there. If he's not, I'm fine with Carter.
0 x

Return to “Other Sports”