The star, the pizza man and the commish

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56561
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1579
x 5192

The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:40 pm

So Jerry Jones has been giving Goodell horsefeathers for the Ezekiel Elliot suspension, players kneeling in protest of police brutality and he's reportedly the one holding up Goodell's contract extension. He's also heavily involved in the papa johns chain, whose owner recently ripped Goodell on a quarterly conference call with investors and sell side analysts.

This horsefeathers could get really funny.





http://thestarinfrisco.com/birthdays

Team Captain
Cost: $ 600.00

20 people; Each additional guest, up to 50 total, will be $15.00
Party room rental for (2) two hours (Includes: tables, chairs, tablecloths, plates, cups, napkins, utensils)
The party group will be allowed to bring Papa John’s pizza only, one personalized cake, non-alcoholic drinks and limited party supplies
Limited VIP Guided Tour
One (1) Group photo on the field

League MVP
Cost: $ 900.00

20 people; Each additional guest, up to 50 total, will be $15.00
Party room rental for (3) three hours (Includes: tables, chairs, tablecloths, plates, cups, napkins, utensils)
Bottled water provided
The party group will be allowed to bring Papa John’s pizza only, one personalized cake, non-alcoholic drinks and limited party supplies
VIP Guided Tour (45-minute tour, with 30-minutes of field play)
Birthday child will receive a Dallas Cowboys shirt, hat and a $25.00 gift card to Fans United
One (1) Group photo on the field

Hall of Fame
Cost: $ 1,200.00

20 people; Each additional guest, up to 50 total, will be $15.00
Party room rental for (3) three hours (Includes: tables, chairs, tablecloths, plates, cups, napkins, utensils)
Drinks provided (Options include: bottled water, Gatorade or Pepsi products)
The party group will be allowed to bring Papa John’s pizza only, one personalized cake and limited party supplies
VIP Guided Tour (45-minute tour, with 60-minutes of field play)
Birthday child will receive a Dallas Cowboys shirt, hat, football and a $25.00 gift card to Fans United
Group photo on the field (Includes a copy for each guest)
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
ConstableRabbit
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7942
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Heavenston
x 777
x 373

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby ConstableRabbit » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:04 pm

Who has a party for 20 people with one Papa John's pizza? Sounds depressing as horsefeathers.
0 x
During a "Not For Women Only" panel discussion, former Cubs pitcher Mike Bielecki asked several players to invent a baseball catch phrase for Viagra. Theriot's ad campaign: "Viagra -- I always play hard."

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 63973
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 3026
x 3180

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby Banedon » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:07 pm

ConstableRabbit wrote:Who has a party for 20 people with one Papa John's pizza? Sounds depressing as horsefeathers.


Does it say only one somewhere?
0 x
Image

User avatar
ConstableRabbit
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7942
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Heavenston
x 777
x 373

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby ConstableRabbit » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:07 pm

Peyton Manning owns 30+ franchises, too.
0 x
During a "Not For Women Only" panel discussion, former Cubs pitcher Mike Bielecki asked several players to invent a baseball catch phrase for Viagra. Theriot's ad campaign: "Viagra -- I always play hard."

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70869
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 6050
x 8068

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:07 pm

No; just one cake.
1 x

User avatar
ConstableRabbit
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7942
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Heavenston
x 777
x 373

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby ConstableRabbit » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:08 pm

Banedon wrote:
ConstableRabbit wrote:Who has a party for 20 people with one Papa John's pizza? Sounds depressing as horsefeathers.


Does it say only one somewhere?

HAHA no. I kept reading it as "one Papa John's pizza only." Given how absurd the package prices are as-is, I guess my brain wanted it to be true.
0 x
During a "Not For Women Only" panel discussion, former Cubs pitcher Mike Bielecki asked several players to invent a baseball catch phrase for Viagra. Theriot's ad campaign: "Viagra -- I always play hard."

biittner77
Superstar
Posts: 10287
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:10 am
Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore
x 9
x 157

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby biittner77 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:27 pm

What is the Star? Is it like a Chucky Cheese but you have to bring your own terrible pizza?
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56561
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1579
x 5192

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:29 pm

biittner77 wrote:What is the Star? Is it like a Chucky Cheese but you have to bring your own terrible pizza?



The Star is a 91-Acre Campus that Hosts the
DALLAS COWBOYS WORLD HEADQUARTERS
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

biittner77
Superstar
Posts: 10287
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:10 am
Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore
x 9
x 157

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby biittner77 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:30 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
biittner77 wrote:What is the Star? Is it like a Chucky Cheese but you have to bring your own terrible pizza?



The Star is a 91-Acre Campus that Hosts the
DALLAS COWBOYS WORLD HEADQUARTERS


So do grown ups have parties there?
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

User avatar
ConstableRabbit
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7942
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Heavenston
x 777
x 373

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby ConstableRabbit » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:32 pm

biittner77 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
biittner77 wrote:What is the Star? Is it like a Chucky Cheese but you have to bring your own terrible pizza?



The Star is a 91-Acre Campus that Hosts the
DALLAS COWBOYS WORLD HEADQUARTERS


So do grown ups have parties there?

I hope so.
0 x
During a "Not For Women Only" panel discussion, former Cubs pitcher Mike Bielecki asked several players to invent a baseball catch phrase for Viagra. Theriot's ad campaign: "Viagra -- I always play hard."

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7935
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 2061
x 202

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby Old Style » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:33 pm

PAPA JOHN'S AND BLUE AND SILVER ENTER INTO JOINT VENTURE AGREEMENT

LOUISVILLE, Ky.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 3, 2004--Papa John's International, Inc. (Nasdaq: PZZA) and Blue and Silver Ventures Ltd., an entity of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, announced today a joint venture in the Dallas, Austin and Waco, Texas markets effective July 26, 2004. As a part of the joint venture, Papa John's® becomes the "Official Pizza of the Dallas Cowboys" and a "Proud Sponsor of Texas Stadium." The joint venture was announced at a press conference at the Dallas Cowboys training camp in Oxnard, CA. Terms of the agreement are not being disclosed.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56561
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1579
x 5192

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:33 pm

biittner77 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
biittner77 wrote:What is the Star? Is it like a Chucky Cheese but you have to bring your own terrible pizza?



The Star is a 91-Acre Campus that Hosts the
DALLAS COWBOYS WORLD HEADQUARTERS


So do grown ups have parties there?


Image
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70869
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 6050
x 8068

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:38 pm

ConstableRabbit wrote:
Banedon wrote:
ConstableRabbit wrote:Who has a party for 20 people with one Papa John's pizza? Sounds depressing as horsefeathers.


Does it say only one somewhere?

HAHA no. I kept reading it as "one Papa John's pizza only." Given how absurd the package prices are as-is, I guess my brain wanted it to be true.


That would have been too merciful.
1 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56561
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1579
x 5192

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:45 pm

this isn't going away



Jones told the six owners on the league’s compensation committee last week that he had hired David Boies, the high-profile lawyer under fire in the Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment case, according to the people, who declined to be speak publicly about internal league matters.
1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58658
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 5859
x 3524

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby David » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:59 pm

no oxford comma is anarchy
3 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56561
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1579
x 5192

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:01 pm

David wrote:no oxford comma is anarchy

the pizza man is the commish is the star
1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Brian707
All-Star
Posts: 1927
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Algonquin IL
x 270
x 404

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby Brian707 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:33 pm

Papa John's sucks ass. How is this horsefeathers pizza chain still in business? I hated it drunk in college in the 90's. I tried it again a couple of years ago because a new store opened up by me and they mailed me a free pizza coupon and it tastes even worse than it did 20 years ago.

All pizza chains suck but I would at least eat Pizza Hut, Dominos, or even Little Caesars if I'm in places like St Louis, Atlanta, or LA who lack any sort of local pizza. Not Papa Johns

Image
0 x

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 43812
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:02 pm
Location: Naperville, IL
x 61
x 1578
Contact:

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby Tim » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:40 pm

Brian707 wrote:Papa John's sucks ass. How is this horsefeathers pizza chain still in business? I hated it drunk in college in the 90's. I tried it again a couple of years ago because a new store opened up by me and they mailed me a free pizza coupon and it tastes even worse than it did 20 years ago.

All pizza chains suck but I would at least eat Pizza Hut, Dominos, or even Little Caesars if I'm in places like St Louis, Atlanta, or LA who lack any sort of local pizza. Not Papa Johns

Image

It's pizza. As long as I'm not eating the slice next to the pepperoncini, it's tolerable.
0 x
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie
Posts: 8553
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:46 pm
Location: Chicago
x 875
x 253

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby javy knows my name » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:49 pm

Tim wrote:
Brian707 wrote:Papa John's sucks ass. How is this horsefeathers pizza chain still in business? I hated it drunk in college in the 90's. I tried it again a couple of years ago because a new store opened up by me and they mailed me a free pizza coupon and it tastes even worse than it did 20 years ago.

All pizza chains suck but I would at least eat Pizza Hut, Dominos, or even Little Caesars if I'm in places like St Louis, Atlanta, or LA who lack any sort of local pizza. Not Papa Johns

Image

It's pizza. As long as I'm not eating the slice next to the pepperoncini, it's tolerable.


The only way I'll eat a slice is if it's doused in that pepperoncini
0 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 63973
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 3026
x 3180

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby Banedon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:03 pm

javy knows my name wrote:The only way I'll eat a slice is if it's doused in that pepperoncini


Image
0 x
Image

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58658
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 5859
x 3524

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby David » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:04 pm

we've had the whole "there is no bad pizza" conversation before and i'm largely a subscriber to that theory

that said, i'd rather eat a freezer burned jack's than papa johns or pizza hut. gross.
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 54383
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 301
x 4058

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:06 pm

David wrote:we've had the whole "there is no bad pizza" conversation before and i'm largely a subscriber to that theory

that said, i'd rather eat a freezer burned jack's than papa johns or pizza hut. gross.


Having attempted the bolded within the last few days, be careful what you wish for.

As an aside, since they were brought up, Little Caesar's new option where you pay a dollar more and get a healthy amount of cheese and toppings is a much bigger improvement than I thought it would be.
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 63973
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 3026
x 3180

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby Banedon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:22 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
David wrote:we've had the whole "there is no bad pizza" conversation before and i'm largely a subscriber to that theory

that said, i'd rather eat a freezer burned jack's than papa johns or pizza hut. gross.


Having attempted the bolded within the last few days, be careful what you wish for.

As an aside, since they were brought up, Little Caesar's new option where you pay a dollar more and get a healthy amount of cheese and toppings is a much bigger improvement than I thought it would be.


This post makes me sad for you. You deserve better pizza.
1 x
Image

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58658
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 5859
x 3524

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby David » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 pm

Banedon wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
David wrote:we've had the whole "there is no bad pizza" conversation before and i'm largely a subscriber to that theory

that said, i'd rather eat a freezer burned jack's than papa johns or pizza hut. gross.


Having attempted the bolded within the last few days, be careful what you wish for.

As an aside, since they were brought up, Little Caesar's new option where you pay a dollar more and get a healthy amount of cheese and toppings is a much bigger improvement than I thought it would be.


This post makes me sad for you. You deserve better pizza.


he lives in st louis. he's lucky he's having that.
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 54383
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 301
x 4058

Re: The star, the pizza man and the commish

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:34 pm

We live within walking distance of a Mod Pizza(for those unfamiliar, think Chipotle for pizza) which is what we get most of the time.
0 x


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Keyris and 2 guests