College Football - Week 11 (Nov. 11)

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Re: College Football - Week 11 (Nov. 11)

Postby OleMissCub » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:17 pm

Butch Jones finally fired.

No surprise. How embarrassing:

0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:26 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
soccer10k wrote:So the top-4 will be Bama, Clemson, OU and Miami. No idea after that and it will be interesting to see what they do. The committee hasn't shied away from putting a 1-loss team ahead of an undefeated team but I don't think they'll put a 2-loss Auburn ahead of Wisconsin. So then, how do they deal with Georgia and Auburn? I would guess they'll just put Wisconsin at 5 and the Georgia/Auburn stuff will sort itself out over the next three weeks (either Auburn beats Bama and there's a rematch in the SEC title game or Bama wins and Auburn drops out.

The order of the rest of the two loss teams will also give us an idea of who gets in if multiple other teams slip up. Guessing Auburn will be the highest rated 2-loss followed by OSU.

No way Auburn is ahead of Wisconsin. I’m really surprised there’s isn’t more talk about them being playoff contenders. With just Minnesota and Michigan left on heir schedule, they have a strong chance of going into the title game undefeated.

They’re going to have to run the table and beat OSU in the title game. Their strength of schedule is hot garbage
0 x

soccer10k
Hall of Fame

Postby soccer10k » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:42 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
soccer10k wrote:So the top-4 will be Bama, Clemson, OU and Miami. No idea after that and it will be interesting to see what they do. The committee hasn't shied away from putting a 1-loss team ahead of an undefeated team but I don't think they'll put a 2-loss Auburn ahead of Wisconsin. So then, how do they deal with Georgia and Auburn? I would guess they'll just put Wisconsin at 5 and the Georgia/Auburn stuff will sort itself out over the next three weeks (either Auburn beats Bama and there's a rematch in the SEC title game or Bama wins and Auburn drops out.

The order of the rest of the two loss teams will also give us an idea of who gets in if multiple other teams slip up. Guessing Auburn will be the highest rated 2-loss followed by OSU.

No way Auburn is ahead of Wisconsin. I’m really surprised there’s isn’t more talk about them being playoff contenders. With just Minnesota and Michigan left on heir schedule, they have a strong chance of going into the title game undefeated.

I don't either. The question was more if they think Georgia still has a better resume than Wisconsin, what do they do with Auburn? Auburn's got the extra loss but they also lost by 8 on the road to Clemson, a team that will be in the top-4, and lost by 4 at LSU so it's not like they lost to a 5-5 team. Wisconsin doesn't have a win against a team that's currently ranked. Georgia has Notre Dame and Miss St while Auburn has Miss St and Georgia. So if you want to rank Georgia ahead of Wisconsin, can you really rank Auburn behind a team that they just drilled by 23? That's why I think they take the easy way out and just put Wisconsin at 5.
0 x
In Theo we trust.

SRQCub
Starter

Postby SRQCub » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:05 pm

I don't see how anyone can question resumes and put Wisconsin over any good team. Their resume is absolute horsefeathers.
0 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:44 pm

OleMissCub wrote:

Their schedule is the most pitiful thing ever put forth by a P5 team. Their only win over a currently ranked team is Northwestern, which is only ranked because they're in the same godawful division as Wisconsin. They'll get in if they win the B1G, but I think Ohio State is going to incinerate them in the league title game (as long as they show up).

We're headed for Alabama and Ohio State and very possibly Clemson in the playoff yet again.
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES

bcl412
Superstar

Postby bcl412 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:03 pm

Wisconsin has a legit defense and running back. With a good QB they could beat anyone I think. That said, I still think undefeated power 5 team should make it. You only have so much control over schedule and they dominate their opposition.
0 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:40 am

bcl412 wrote:Wisconsin has a legit defense and running back. With a good QB they could beat anyone I think. That said, I still think undefeated power 5 team should make it. You only have so much control over schedule and they dominate their opposition.

They will get in if they beat Ohio State. And they'd deserve to given the carnage going on right now. But as I said I expect the Buckeyes to dump truck them and make it to the playoff themselves.
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES

Return to “Other Sports”