Week 12: John Fox's Bears @ Philadelphia Eagles Noon FOX

r_mack
Role Player

Week 12: John Fox's Bears @ Philadelphia Eagles Noon FOX

Postby r_mack » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:39 am

Bears are 11 point underdogs and this will probably rise. Alshon Jeffery is going to take an absolute dump on this team.
0 x

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Re: Week 12: John Fox's Bears @ Philadelphia Eagles Noon FOX

Postby Old Style » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:43 pm

0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:49 pm

so GD excited that I get to go to this game...
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:53 pm

Now, Santos will get a chance to show what he can do before he becomes an unrestricted free agent. Santos was 3-for-3 on field goals and 6-for-6 on extra points through the first three games with 10 touchbacks on 18 kickoffs. He was sidelined during training camp with a groin injury and was re-injured during a Week 3 victory over the Chargers leading the Chiefs to put him on the shelf and sign Harrison Butker.

The 26-year-old Santos was 31 for 35 on field goals last season in Kansas City, ranking fifth in the NFL at 88.6 percent. He is 80 for 105 on field goals in his career (84.8) since making the Chiefs in 2014 as an undrafted free agent from Tulane. Santos hit 55.8 percent of his kickoffs for touchbacks last season, a career best.
0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:06 pm

What Pace said when he cut Gould and signed Barth:

On the peculiar timing of the release of Gould, which came Sunday night, a day after the Bears had submitted their initial 53-man roster

“We’ve signed Connor Barth. So, for us, it was just (a situation) where if a specific player becomes available and we know that we’re able to acquire that player, then this is something we need to entertain or discuss. So that’s kind of how it played out. When we knew this guy would be available for us, it made the switch a possibility."

Yeesh
0 x
Win it for Fred

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:12 pm

UMFan83 wrote:What Pace said when he cut Gould and signed Barth:

On the peculiar timing of the release of Gould, which came Sunday night, a day after the Bears had submitted their initial 53-man roster

“We’ve signed Connor Barth. So, for us, it was just (a situation) where if a specific player becomes available and we know that we’re able to acquire that player, then this is something we need to entertain or discuss. So that’s kind of how it played out. When we knew this guy would be available for us, it made the switch a possibility."

Yeesh

The gould thing was all about saving money, right? They were tanking, knew they were bad and didn't see the need in paying top dollar for a kicker.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:20 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:

Yeesh

The gould thing was all about saving money, right? They were tanking, knew they were bad and didn't see the need in paying top dollar for a kicker.

That and I think there was a feeling he was entering "lockerroom" distraction territory, which seems incredibly silly that a K might upend your locker room, but he was basically one of the last of the old guard at that time, so I think both sides were basically ready to split.
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:23 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:

Yeesh

Yep
0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:07 pm

Lots of rumblings that Barth was brought in specifically for Fox and that's the guy he wanted

The Bears believe Floyd avoided an ACL tear
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:08 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:so GD excited that I get to go to this game...

0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:12 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:so GD excited that I get to go to this game...

I married into a philly sports family, and an uncle is really excited to take us to this game. I asked my wife about backing out of it and she said no, we have to go.

To be fair, he's one of the ones that hates trump and backed off his anti-kneeling stances after I questioned the reasoning as gently as possible.

He also has a boat and lets us use it.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:25 pm

Still...to just go to a football game, much less the stank Bears IN Philly? That must be one hell of a boat.
0 x

r_mack
Role Player

Postby r_mack » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:19 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:

Yeesh

Gould wasn't really good in 2015 & they ended up using that Gould money on Josh Sitton. The problem was keeping Connor Barth for as long as they did.
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:51 am

1 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:59 pm

So we're now tied with the Colts and Broncos for 4th worst record in the league. I think the Bears have played the 3rd hardest schedule so far so they would lose tiebreakers to both and pick 6th. Any early thoughts on who we should draft in the first round?

Side rant: I get the logic why the team with an easier SOS should win the tiebreaker, but given how impossible it is to balance schedules, I think it should be the other way around and you should not further penalize a team that was already forced to face a harder schedule by giving them a lower draft pick.
0 x
Win it for Fred

SpongeWorthy
Superstar

Postby SpongeWorthy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:12 pm

UMFan83 wrote:So we're now tied with the Colts and Broncos for 4th worst record in the league. I think the Bears have played the 3rd hardest schedule so far so they would lose tiebreakers to both and pick 6th. Any early thoughts on who we should draft in the first round?

Side rant: I get the logic why the team with an easier SOS should win the tiebreaker, but given how impossible it is to balance schedules, I think it should be the other way around and you should not further penalize a team that was already forced to face a harder schedule by giving them a lower draft pick.

Fitzpatrick, Ridley, or the best OT on the board.
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:12 pm

UMFan83 wrote:So we're now tied with the Colts and Broncos for 4th worst record in the league. I think the Bears have played the 3rd hardest schedule so far so they would lose tiebreakers to both and pick 6th. Any early thoughts on who we should draft in the first round?

Agree with your side rant. I guess the logic is, "hey this team went 4-12 vs. a tougher schedule, if they had an easier schedule, they probably would a couple more wins". But it does seem like double punishment.

That being said, I think the Bears are going to win a couple more games. Not expecting it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears finish 4-2. I think the Bears offense is potentially going in the right direction with Trubisky and possibly more if Fox decides he doesn't care anymore and stops his conservative gameplanning. The defense is headed the other way with injuries and players coming back to earth (Fuller). But I still feel like they can feed off of the offense, emotion, whatever.

With that being said, this is an ass whooping waiting to happen. The Bears have next to 0 shot vs. the Eagles.
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:13 pm

Fitzpatrick or Chubb (edge rusher).
0 x
http://www.sisterdistrict.com

Go from Red to Blue.

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:27 pm

BPAEQB, IQBIBPA, TD.

Ridley would seemingly make a lot of sense. OT or Edge would work too.
0 x

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:27 pm

UK wrote:

Fitzpatrick or Chubb (edge rusher).

Yeah, I really like both of them.

Not sure how the OTs stack up but if one is worth of a top 10 pick, I'd want the Bears to pick him.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:38 pm

Conner Williams from texas is probably a good top 10 OT pick
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:20 am

This sounds good

1 x
Win it for Fred

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:29 am

Just imagine Ridley, Shaheen, Howard, Mitch
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:49 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:BPAEQB, IQBIBPA, TD.

This
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:56 pm

UMFan83 wrote:This sounds good

0 x

Return to “Other Sports”