FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

User avatar
rawaction
Hall of Fame
Posts: 33705
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 11:04 pm
x 617
x 515

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby rawaction » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:53 am

25 seasons since Ditka was fired.
10 seasons with 10 or more losses (4 in a row)
5 seasons with playoff berths

3 of those playoff seasons and just 1 of those double digit loss seasons (his 1st season) came under Lovie Smith.
0 x

User avatar
rawaction
Hall of Fame
Posts: 33705
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 11:04 pm
x 617
x 515

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby rawaction » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:54 am

davell wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:https://twitter.com/greggabe/status/942185028750139392


It'd be really hard to continue watching, if that happened.


Be the easiest decision I ever made to stop watching this team and probably football in general.
2 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 15253
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: da Salish Sea
x 310
x 364

FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:03 am

I cant believe Loggains would get that position, but ownership of this team is really stupid so who knows
0 x
Image

r_mack
Role Player
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:51 am
x 20
x 12

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby r_mack » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:55 am

rawaction wrote:25 seasons since Ditka was fired.
10 seasons with 10 or more losses (4 in a row)
5 seasons with playoff berths

3 of those playoff seasons and just 1 of those double digit loss seasons (his 1st season) came under Lovie Smith.

Is this a "The Bears shouldn't have fired Lovie" take? Because that's not a good take.
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56937
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1692
x 5569

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:59 am

r_mack wrote:
rawaction wrote:25 seasons since Ditka was fired.
10 seasons with 10 or more losses (4 in a row)
5 seasons with playoff berths

3 of those playoff seasons and just 1 of those double digit loss seasons (his 1st season) came under Lovie Smith.

Is this a "The Bears shouldn't have fired Lovie" take? Because that's not a good take.
if it's a "lovie was much better than most give him credit for" take I'm on board.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 15253
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: da Salish Sea
x 310
x 364

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:27 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
r_mack wrote:
rawaction wrote:25 seasons since Ditka was fired.
10 seasons with 10 or more losses (4 in a row)
5 seasons with playoff berths

3 of those playoff seasons and just 1 of those double digit loss seasons (his 1st season) came under Lovie Smith.

Is this a "The Bears shouldn't have fired Lovie" take? Because that's not a good take.
if it's a "lovie was much better than most give him credit for" take I'm on board.

Lovie overplayed his power after the super bowl lost, never settled the qb position, rode the cover 2 past our ability to supply it with talent, and hasnt been able to repeat that success since he was fired. He was clearly the best coach we've had since Ditka/Ryan, but to long for the days of Lovie is just revisionist. Would I take him over Fox? yes. Would I bring him back? no.
0 x
Image

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 15253
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: da Salish Sea
x 310
x 364

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:33 am

and if you think Trubisky looked off today, check out Rivers against KC.
0 x
Image

User avatar
SpongeWorthy
Superstar
Posts: 12914
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:47 am
x 77
x 179

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby SpongeWorthy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:16 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
r_mack wrote:
rawaction wrote:25 seasons since Ditka was fired.
10 seasons with 10 or more losses (4 in a row)
5 seasons with playoff berths

3 of those playoff seasons and just 1 of those double digit loss seasons (his 1st season) came under Lovie Smith.

Is this a "The Bears shouldn't have fired Lovie" take? Because that's not a good take.
if it's a "lovie was much better than most give him credit for" take I'm on board.


the bears don't get enough credit for how largely pathetic they've been in the Super Bowl era
0 x

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 59299
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 6380
x 3892

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby David » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:20 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
r_mack wrote:Is this a "The Bears shouldn't have fired Lovie" take? Because that's not a good take.
if it's a "lovie was much better than most give him credit for" take I'm on board.

Lovie overplayed his power after the super bowl lost, never settled the qb position, rode the cover 2 past our ability to supply it with talent, and hasnt been able to repeat that success since he was fired. He was clearly the best coach we've had since Ditka/Ryan, but to long for the days of Lovie is just revisionist. Would I take him over Fox? yes. Would I bring him back? no.


the defense was very good through the end of his tenure

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef2012
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56937
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1692
x 5569

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:41 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
r_mack wrote:Is this a "The Bears shouldn't have fired Lovie" take? Because that's not a good take.
if it's a "lovie was much better than most give him credit for" take I'm on board.

Lovie overplayed his power after the super bowl lost, never settled the qb position, rode the cover 2 past our ability to supply it with talent, and hasnt been able to repeat that success since he was fired. He was clearly the best coach we've had since Ditka/Ryan, but to long for the days of Lovie is just revisionist. Would I take him over Fox? yes. Would I bring him back? no.

Most of this is true, and yet they've had much worse head coaches since then.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 15253
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: da Salish Sea
x 310
x 364

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:01 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:if it's a "lovie was much better than most give him credit for" take I'm on board.

Lovie overplayed his power after the super bowl lost, never settled the qb position, rode the cover 2 past our ability to supply it with talent, and hasnt been able to repeat that success since he was fired. He was clearly the best coach we've had since Ditka/Ryan, but to long for the days of Lovie is just revisionist. Would I take him over Fox? yes. Would I bring him back? no.

Most of this is true, and yet they've had much worse head coaches since then.



I don’t mean to say i hated Lovie as a coach, he was a very good coach. And Trestman and Fox both sucked coaching the Bears mightily. But even John Fox made it to more super bowls and has repeated his level of success on multiple teams. I miss the teams of the Lovie Smith era. I don’t really miss Lovie that much.
0 x
Image

User avatar
rawaction
Hall of Fame
Posts: 33705
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 11:04 pm
x 617
x 515

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby rawaction » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:19 pm

r_mack wrote:
rawaction wrote:25 seasons since Ditka was fired.
10 seasons with 10 or more losses (4 in a row)
5 seasons with playoff berths

3 of those playoff seasons and just 1 of those double digit loss seasons (his 1st season) came under Lovie Smith.

Is this a "The Bears shouldn't have fired Lovie" take? Because that's not a good take.


Not at all. Just pointing out that the Bears have been bad for 25 years, and that even includes a 9-year stint of decent football.
0 x

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 32751
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
x 1102
x 895

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:35 pm

rawaction wrote:
r_mack wrote:
rawaction wrote:25 seasons since Ditka was fired.
10 seasons with 10 or more losses (4 in a row)
5 seasons with playoff berths

3 of those playoff seasons and just 1 of those double digit loss seasons (his 1st season) came under Lovie Smith.

Is this a "The Bears shouldn't have fired Lovie" take? Because that's not a good take.


Not at all. Just pointing out that the Bears have been bad for 25 years, and that even includes a 9-year stint of decent football.


Also, the Bears shouldn't have fired Lovie.
0 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 15253
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: da Salish Sea
x 310
x 364

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:39 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:
rawaction wrote:
r_mack wrote:Is this a "The Bears shouldn't have fired Lovie" take? Because that's not a good take.


Not at all. Just pointing out that the Bears have been bad for 25 years, and that even includes a 9-year stint of decent football.


Also, the Bears shouldn't have fired Lovie.


It was a stupid decision. Weren't they 10-6 that year? But Emery's gotta get his man! Emery was the biggest mistake this org has made in the last 32 years.
0 x
Image

r_mack
Role Player
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:51 am
x 20
x 12

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby r_mack » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:59 am

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:
rawaction wrote:
r_mack wrote:Is this a "The Bears shouldn't have fired Lovie" take? Because that's not a good take.


Not at all. Just pointing out that the Bears have been bad for 25 years, and that even includes a 9-year stint of decent football.


Also, the Bears shouldn't have fired Lovie.

Lovie is pretty much John Fox
0 x

User avatar
KingCubsFan
All-Star
Posts: 3452
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:39 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
x 28

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby KingCubsFan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:36 am

r_mack wrote:
Hairyducked Idiot wrote:
rawaction wrote:
Not at all. Just pointing out that the Bears have been bad for 25 years, and that even includes a 9-year stint of decent football.


Also, the Bears shouldn't have fired Lovie.

Lovie is pretty much John Fox

The players had a lot of respect for Lovie and always played hard for him. And they typically played disciplined football. I don’t see that with Fox.
0 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 15253
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: da Salish Sea
x 310
x 364

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:46 am

r_mack wrote:
Hairyducked Idiot wrote:
rawaction wrote:
Not at all. Just pointing out that the Bears have been bad for 25 years, and that even includes a 9-year stint of decent football.


Also, the Bears shouldn't have fired Lovie.

Lovie is pretty much John Fox


I couldn't think of two coaches who had more differences in their career paths. well maybe I could, but your statement is drunk-man talk
0 x
Image

r_mack
Role Player
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:51 am
x 20
x 12

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby r_mack » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 am

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
r_mack wrote:
Hairyducked Idiot wrote:
Also, the Bears shouldn't have fired Lovie.

Lovie is pretty much John Fox


I couldn't think of two coaches who had more differences in their career paths. well maybe I could, but your statement is drunk-man talk

Both ultra conservative coaches who have had the game pass them by. Lovie was forced to go to Champaign because there wasn't a job for him in the NFL.
0 x

User avatar
Butterscup
Hall of Fame
Posts: 31443
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:25 am
x 7
x 334

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby Butterscup » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:08 am

i think i would trade the bears next four first round picks for sean mcvay
1 x

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 59299
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 6380
x 3892

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby David » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:31 am

Butterscup wrote:i think i would trade the bears next four first round picks for sean mcvay

Sameeee
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 15253
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: da Salish Sea
x 310
x 364

FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:04 am

All the more reason to forget about Lovie and the past. We have young talent on the offensive side of the ball and a gm willing to draft for both it and the Oline. Im not done with Pace
0 x
Image

UK
Hall of Fame
Posts: 20153
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 2:38 pm
x 95
x 186

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby UK » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:08 am

minnesotacubsfan wrote:All the more reason to forget about Lovie and the past. We have young talent on the offensive side of the ball and a gm willing to draft for both it and the Oline. Im not done with Pace


This team is well below talentwise where they should be under Pace. If they cleaned house, I would not be upset. Of course, the same people would be making the decision as to whom to hire next.

I think at this point, there is a slightly greater case to fire Pace than to keep him.
0 x
http://www.sisterdistrict.com

Go from Red to Blue.

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56937
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1692
x 5569

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:42 am

UK wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:All the more reason to forget about Lovie and the past. We have young talent on the offensive side of the ball and a gm willing to draft for both it and the Oline. Im not done with Pace


This team is well below talentwise where they should be under Pace. If they cleaned house, I would not be upset. Of course, the same people would be making the decision as to whom to hire next.

I think at this point, there is a slightly greater case to fire Pace than to keep him.
i think the case is reasonably in favor of keeping him, but would not be upset if he was replaced. If you did replace him, then Mitchell becomes somebody else's problem, and the next guy will be allowed to start from scratch at qb again in 2-3 years. Pace has his guy and should get one shot to win in 2018. There's no excuse for this team to be this weak and bereft of talent this far into his tenure. This isn't baseball when it takes 4-6 years to develop prospects. The NFL allows for yearly roster turnover and three years in this is entirely Pace's team. This isn't Emerys fault anymore.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

UK
Hall of Fame
Posts: 20153
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 2:38 pm
x 95
x 186

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby UK » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:29 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
UK wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:All the more reason to forget about Lovie and the past. We have young talent on the offensive side of the ball and a gm willing to draft for both it and the Oline. Im not done with Pace


This team is well below talentwise where they should be under Pace. If they cleaned house, I would not be upset. Of course, the same people would be making the decision as to whom to hire next.

I think at this point, there is a slightly greater case to fire Pace than to keep him.
i think the case is reasonably in favor of keeping him, but would not be upset if he was replaced. If you did replace him, then Mitchell becomes somebody else's problem, and the next guy will be allowed to start from scratch at qb again in 2-3 years. Pace has his guy and should get one shot to win in 2018. There's no excuse for this team to be this weak and bereft of talent this far into his tenure. This isn't baseball when it takes 4-6 years to develop prospects. The NFL allows for yearly roster turnover and three years in this is entirely Pace's team. This isn't Emerys fault anymore.


Fwiw, I think Pace will be back. I can't imagine year 4 being that much of an improvement to where you can justify bringing him back for off-season #5. It is disappointing that Mitchell's 1st two years of a cost controlled rookie contract will consist of a lame duck coach in year 1 and a lame duck GM in year 2.

I have no reason to be confident in Pace turning this thing around after 3 bad years and an already failed coaching staff his 1st time through.
0 x
http://www.sisterdistrict.com

Go from Red to Blue.

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56937
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1692
x 5569

Re: FREE DA JERSEY - Week 15 Bears @ Lions, Saturday Afternoon for some reason 3:30 PM CT, NFL-N

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:57 pm

UK wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
UK wrote:
This team is well below talentwise where they should be under Pace. If they cleaned house, I would not be upset. Of course, the same people would be making the decision as to whom to hire next.

I think at this point, there is a slightly greater case to fire Pace than to keep him.
i think the case is reasonably in favor of keeping him, but would not be upset if he was replaced. If you did replace him, then Mitchell becomes somebody else's problem, and the next guy will be allowed to start from scratch at qb again in 2-3 years. Pace has his guy and should get one shot to win in 2018. There's no excuse for this team to be this weak and bereft of talent this far into his tenure. This isn't baseball when it takes 4-6 years to develop prospects. The NFL allows for yearly roster turnover and three years in this is entirely Pace's team. This isn't Emerys fault anymore.


Fwiw, I think Pace will be back. I can't imagine year 4 being that much of an improvement to where you can justify bringing him back for off-season #5. It is disappointing that Mitchell's 1st two years of a cost controlled rookie contract will consist of a lame duck coach in year 1 and a lame duck GM in year 2.

I have no reason to be confident in Pace turning this thing around after 3 bad years and an already failed coaching staff his 1st time through.

If Mitch is any good, they should at least contend for playoff position in 2018. Probably won't go from 4-12 to 10-6, but at least flirt with 9-7 and show actual improvement. If they can't manage that, then he's gotta be gone.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests