NFL week 15

Flames24Rulz
Hall of Fame

Re: NFL week 15

Postby Flames24Rulz » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:17 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:any reality to the idea that the Packers will be forced to release Rodgers for taking him off the IR, then back on for the same injury? Or is the nfl just going to overlook that?

I don't get what the issue is. Teams manipulate IR all the time as the season ends. The NFL had to approve Rodgers being sent to IR the second time anyway, and obviously they did.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:24 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:any reality to the idea that the Packers will be forced to release Rodgers for taking him off the IR, then back on for the same injury? Or is the nfl just going to overlook that?

I don't get what the issue is. Teams manipulate IR all the time as the season ends. The NFL had to approve Rodgers being sent to IR the second time anyway, and obviously they did.

Im not sure that is done “all the time”
0 x

Flames24Rulz
Hall of Fame

Postby Flames24Rulz » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:48 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
Flames24Rulz wrote:

maybe not all the time, but it's not like it's an uncommon practice. teams place players on IR at the end of the year to get roster spots open, even if they're not 100% injured. kind of like in baseball when teams make up an injury to get someone on the DL. And again, the NFL has to approve whether or not a player can be placed on IR, which they did both times for Rodgers.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:00 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:
Flames24Rulz wrote:

maybe not all the time, but it's not like it's an uncommon practice. teams place players on IR at the end of the year to get roster spots open, even if they're not 100% injured. kind of like in baseball when teams make up an injury to get someone on the DL. And again, the NFL has to approve whether or not a player can be placed on IR, which they did both times for Rodgers.

sure, but they cant take a guy off the IR, play him, and put him back on the IR for the same damn injury. That's akin to the Dodgers using the 10 day to expand their roster. And the fact the NFL okay'd it is exactly the issue. they scream parity but play the favorites that go against parity. What other team has gotten away with this?
0 x

Flames24Rulz
Hall of Fame

Postby Flames24Rulz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:39 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
Flames24Rulz wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:

sure, but they cant take a guy off the IR, play him, and put him back on the IR for the same damn injury. That's akin to the Dodgers using the 10 day to expand their roster. And the fact the NFL okay'd it is exactly the issue. they scream parity but play the favorites that go against parity. What other team has gotten away with this?

the Dodgers didn't get in trouble for that, and they legitimately just made up injuries. I'm sure you remember when the Vikings ruled Favre out on a Saturday before they played the Bears on a Monday night, and then played after being ruled out. Nothing happened to them and that was far more egregious than what the Packers did. I don't see what the big deal is when they placed Rodgers on IR for Joe horsefeathering Callahan in two completely meaningless games.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:41 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:
Flames24Rulz wrote:

the Dodgers didn't get in trouble for that, and they legitimately just made up injuries. I'm sure you remember when the Vikings ruled Favre out on a Saturday before they played the Bears on a Monday night, and then played after being ruled out. Nothing happened to them and that was far more egregious than what the Packers did. I don't see what the big deal is when they placed Rodgers on IR for Joe horsefeathering Callahan in two completely meaningless games.

Corey Wooten ended Favres career that game before the Vikings had the opportunity to put him back on the IR for the same injury, so not quite the same. In fact, not even close to the same
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:09 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:

I think you get what the issue is but are pretending it's not one because it's easier that way.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Return to “Other Sports”