Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 57824
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2073
x 6780

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:35 pm

David wrote:Bears Twitter blogosphere rumor is that the Bears are working to get Fuller extended

It would be weird if they weren't
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
rawaction
Hall of Fame
Posts: 33815
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 11:04 pm
x 660
x 542

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby rawaction » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:52 pm

David wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:I honestly did not realize he had such a good season.


PFF has had him graded highly since he was a rookie. There's always been a big disconnect there vs. what the local media paints him as. This year he got to another level, though, and ranked as one of the best in the league (I think).


Amos is kind of boring to the eye. He doesn't really make a ton of mistakes, which metrics love. He doesn't miss many tackles, completely blow assignments in coverage or fail to be in the right place in the run game. But he also doesn't make big flashy plays on the ball or completely shutdown receivers in man coverage. But he was clearly better in the latter this year based on the eye test, while maintaining his discipline elsewhere.
0 x

davell
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21148
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:55 pm
x 1676
x 2121

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby davell » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:32 pm

0 x
Additional rule: you have to have one or the other.The only exception is you have an amazing board name. davell, I'm looking at you; put up a [expletive] avatar or something if your name only sounds like somebody tried say Dave as they lapsed into a coma.

User avatar
BigbadB
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24378
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:38 am
Location: San Diego
x 15
x 102

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby BigbadB » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:23 pm

davell wrote:https://twitter.com/AaronLemingNFL/status/959548200934756358


i see a lot of cuts from that group.
0 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 15621
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: da Salish Sea
x 409
x 426

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:40 pm

There's no doubt Pace has the financial flexibility to add a difference making FA. The question is who that FA is and will Pace pull the trigger.
0 x
Image

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 2976
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 388

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:42 pm

I would probably cut em all except for Massie, Sitton, and Freeman

I understand we need to address and overhaul the OL in this offseason but I think we should keep the vets for depth. If we can sign Norwell then I say adios Sitton, but if not, I think his play on the field, albeit in limited availability, is worth the money.

Massie improved quite a bit after like week 5 or 6 and ended the season on a decent run. Might as well see what you get out of a contract year, the RTs in FA aren't too appealing, and I'd rather not force a draft pick into a week 1 starter. I'm hoping Pace doesn't go OL in round 1, unless it's in a trade back. This is a decently deep draft for quality OL and we could bolster the unit with a couple mid rounders.

Freeman is just too cheap to cut IMO. Gotta think he is capable of avoiding injury eventually and he's good depth/vet savvy IMO. I think Kwiatkoski is coming along very well and he and Trevathan make a good pair inside. Freeman backing them up for 3m is fine.
0 x

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60267
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 7338
x 4468

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby David » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:46 pm

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:I would probably cut em all except for Massie, Sitton, and Freeman

I understand we need to address and overhaul the OL in this offseason but I think we should keep the vets for depth. If we can sign Norwell then I say adios Sitton, but if not, I think his play on the field, albeit in limited availability, is worth the money.

Massie improved quite a bit after like week 5 or 6 and ended the season on a decent run. Might as well see what you get out of a contract year, the RTs in FA aren't too appealing, and I'd rather not force a draft pick into a week 1 starter. I'm hoping Pace doesn't go OL in round 1, unless it's in a trade back. This is a decently deep draft for quality OL and we could bolster the unit with a couple mid rounders.

Freeman is just too cheap to cut IMO. Gotta think he is capable of avoiding injury eventually and he's good depth/vet savvy IMO. I think Kwiatkoski is coming along very well and he and Trevathan make a good pair inside. Freeman backing them up for 3m is fine.


isn't freeman retiring because football is scrambling his brains? even if he decides he wants to play, i'm not sure i feel great about that.
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 11580
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1432
x 510

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:00 pm

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:I would probably cut em all except for Massie, Sitton, and Freeman

I understand we need to address and overhaul the OL in this offseason but I think we should keep the vets for depth. If we can sign Norwell then I say adios Sitton, but if not, I think his play on the field, albeit in limited availability, is worth the money.

Massie improved quite a bit after like week 5 or 6 and ended the season on a decent run. Might as well see what you get out of a contract year, the RTs in FA aren't too appealing, and I'd rather not force a draft pick into a week 1 starter. I'm hoping Pace doesn't go OL in round 1, unless it's in a trade back. This is a decently deep draft for quality OL and we could bolster the unit with a couple mid rounders.

Freeman is just too cheap to cut IMO. Gotta think he is capable of avoiding injury eventually and he's good depth/vet savvy IMO. I think Kwiatkoski is coming along very well and he and Trevathan make a good pair inside. Freeman backing them up for 3m is fine.

He would make more than that. 3.5 is just the savings of they cut him. With the injuries and PEDs, I find him the easiest cut of that group.

Also, fyi on Sitton, they have to make the option within the first few days of the league year. Its an option and becomes guaranteed once taken. So they won't be able to play the FA market the same way as some of the other guys who have large unguaranteed portions.
0 x
Image

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 15621
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: da Salish Sea
x 409
x 426

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:11 pm

I cant see keeping Freeman after the PEDs and injuries. I cant see cutting Sitton either due to his play and needing to fill other holes
0 x
Image

User avatar
Splendid Splinter
All-Star
Posts: 2172
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:30 am
x 5981
x 134

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby Splendid Splinter » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:00 pm

I see Glennon, Sims, Wheaton, Freeman, and 1 of McPhee/Young being cut pretty easily. That's anywhere from 31.16 (Young)- 33.735 (McPhee) mil cap savings with those 5. That would put Bears in the low 70s mil cap space for FA.


The rest I can see staying based on needs/depth/performance/etc depending on how much Pace wants to dip in FA.
0 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 2976
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 388

Re: RE: Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:06 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
We Got The Whole 9 wrote:I would probably cut em all except for Massie, Sitton, and Freeman

I understand we need to address and overhaul the OL in this offseason but I think we should keep the vets for depth. If we can sign Norwell then I say adios Sitton, but if not, I think his play on the field, albeit in limited availability, is worth the money.

Massie improved quite a bit after like week 5 or 6 and ended the season on a decent run. Might as well see what you get out of a contract year, the RTs in FA aren't too appealing, and I'd rather not force a draft pick into a week 1 starter. I'm hoping Pace doesn't go OL in round 1, unless it's in a trade back. This is a decently deep draft for quality OL and we could bolster the unit with a couple mid rounders.

Freeman is just too cheap to cut IMO. Gotta think he is capable of avoiding injury eventually and he's good depth/vet savvy IMO. I think Kwiatkoski is coming along very well and he and Trevathan make a good pair inside. Freeman backing them up for 3m is fine.

He would make more than that. 3.5 is just the savings of they cut him. With the injuries and PEDs, I find him the easiest cut of that group.

Also, fyi on Sitton, they have to make the option within the first few days of the league year. Its an option and becomes guaranteed once taken. So they won't be able to play the FA market the same way as some of the other guys who have large unguaranteed portions.


Freeman signed a 3/12 deal and has a 4m cap hit. I'm not gonna complain if we do cut him but I think when he's healthy he's one of the better ILB in the game. He can captain a defense and has a great nose for the ball. As depth I don't think we can do a lot better in terms of actual play on the field and he will be cheap. The suspension doesn't really deter me. Sucks that he got caught but there's not a lot of risk at that price IMO.

Thanks for pointing that out with Sitton. I would absolutely pick up that option. Kyle's body is ravaged also and we have no idea what we will get from him. Cody had a poor year and has plenty of questions surrounding him as well. We can't guarantee the signing of anybody in FA so pick it up and keep the OL as strong as you can and hope to make it even stronger in FA.
0 x

User avatar
BigbadB
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24378
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:38 am
Location: San Diego
x 15
x 102

Re: RE: Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby BigbadB » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:22 pm

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:Freeman signed a 3/12 deal and has a 4m cap hit. I'm not gonna complain if we do cut him but I think when he's healthy he's one of the better ILB in the game. He can captain a defense and has a great nose for the ball. As depth I don't think we can do a lot better in terms of actual play on the field and he will be cheap. The suspension doesn't really deter me. Sucks that he got caught but there's not a lot of risk at that price IMO.

Thanks for pointing that out with Sitton. I would absolutely pick up that option. Kyle's body is ravaged also and we have no idea what we will get from him. Cody had a poor year and has plenty of questions surrounding him as well. We can't guarantee the signing of anybody in FA so pick it up and keep the OL as strong as you can and hope to make it even stronger in FA.


It's a 10 game suspension. We need to move on from Freeman. I'm not so sure he would even beat out Kwiatkoski after such a long layoff.
0 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 11580
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1432
x 510

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:28 pm

Yea, caught twice in two seasons. Next failed test is a two year suspension.
0 x
Image

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 2976
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 388

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:38 pm

Fine, I'd still keep Sitton
0 x

User avatar
Splendid Splinter
All-Star
Posts: 2172
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:30 am
x 5981
x 134

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby Splendid Splinter » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:57 pm

Freeman needs to retire and hopefully gets some help. He has said that he's dealing with memory loss after his last concussion. That alone should scare any team from letting him play again. On top of that, if he gets caught again, it's a 2 year ban which would essentially end his career (being 32 this coming season).

Plus... there are guys like Navarro Bowman, Zach Brown, Demario Davis, Preston Brown, Avery Williamson (if you want to go younger) or even re-signing Christian Jones back at ILB in FA that all probably can be had around what Freeman got or less IMO.
1 x

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 75058
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2391
x 3590
Contact:

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby UMFan83 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:00 pm

Hello yeah, Urlacher made it into the HOF. Much deserved
1 x
Win it for Fred

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 2976
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 388

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:46 pm

So excited for Urlacher's induction. He changed the game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
0 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 15621
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: da Salish Sea
x 409
x 426

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:47 pm

good day indeed.
0 x
Image

User avatar
rawaction
Hall of Fame
Posts: 33815
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 11:04 pm
x 660
x 542

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby rawaction » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:18 am

Going back to Canton this year! WOOOOO!
0 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 11580
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1432
x 510

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:37 am

Well the Bears ended up having a pretty big impact on SB 52. Philly took the Foles TD catch from the Bears week 17 game last year.
0 x
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 57824
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2073
x 6780

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:45 pm

Childress hired in consulting role for Bears.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 90185
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:20 pm
Location: Pasadena, CA
x 538
x 2671

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:53 pm

Matt Miller 7-round mock: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2757 ... re=twitter

1.8: OG Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame
2.39: WR Christian Kirk, Texas A&M
4.101: EDGE Hercules Mata'afa, Washington State
5.136: DL BJ Hill, North Carolina State
6.167: OT Joseph Noteboom, TCU
7.198: CB Deatrick Nichols, South Florida
0 x
Image

User avatar
Splendid Splinter
All-Star
Posts: 2172
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:30 am
x 5981
x 134

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby Splendid Splinter » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:05 pm

CaliforniaRaisin wrote:Matt Miller 7-round mock: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2757 ... re=twitter

1.8: OG Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame
2.39: WR Christian Kirk, Texas A&M
4.101: EDGE Hercules Mata'afa, Washington State
5.136: DL BJ Hill, North Carolina State
6.167: OT Joseph Noteboom, TCU
7.198: CB Deatrick Nichols, South Florida



You forgot...

111. Chicago Bears (from ARI) WR Marcel Ateman, Oklahoma State
0 x

User avatar
rawaction
Hall of Fame
Posts: 33815
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 11:04 pm
x 660
x 542

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby rawaction » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:59 am

Splendid Splinter wrote:
CaliforniaRaisin wrote:Matt Miller 7-round mock: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2757 ... re=twitter

1.8: OG Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame
2.39: WR Christian Kirk, Texas A&M
4.101: EDGE Hercules Mata'afa, Washington State
5.136: DL BJ Hill, North Carolina State
6.167: OT Joseph Noteboom, TCU
7.198: CB Deatrick Nichols, South Florida



You forgot...

111. Chicago Bears (from ARI) WR Marcel Ateman, Oklahoma State


Draft wire's 7 rounder looks like:

1.8: LB Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech
2.39: WR Courtland Sutton, SMU
4:101: CB Anthony Averett, Alabama
4:111: WR Deontay Burnett, USC
5:136: OT Brandon Parker, North Carolina A&T
6:167: Edge Davin Bellamy, Georgia
7.198: DL BJ Hill, NC State

Mix these and give me Edmunds, Kirk, Mata'afa, Averett, Parker, and 7th round Hill (1st is more accurate of where he's picked).
0 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 15621
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: da Salish Sea
x 409
x 426

Re: Bears 2018 Offseason: Matt Nagy Hired as Head Coach

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:14 am

rawaction wrote:
Splendid Splinter wrote:
CaliforniaRaisin wrote:Matt Miller 7-round mock: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2757 ... re=twitter

1.8: OG Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame
2.39: WR Christian Kirk, Texas A&M
4.101: EDGE Hercules Mata'afa, Washington State
5.136: DL BJ Hill, North Carolina State
6.167: OT Joseph Noteboom, TCU
7.198: CB Deatrick Nichols, South Florida



You forgot...

111. Chicago Bears (from ARI) WR Marcel Ateman, Oklahoma State


Draft wire's 7 rounder looks like:

1.8: LB Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech
2.39: WR Courtland Sutton, SMU
4:101: CB Anthony Averett, Alabama
4:111: WR Deontay Burnett, USC
5:136: OT Brandon Parker, North Carolina A&T
6:167: Edge Davin Bellamy, Georgia
7.198: DL BJ Hill, NC State

Mix these and give me Edmunds, Kirk, Mata'afa, Averett, Parker, and 7th round Hill (1st is more accurate of where he's picked).



Edmunds/Sutton 1/2 would be interesting tho
0 x
Image


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests