College Football - Week 1 (Sept. 1)

User avatar
PackLandVA
All-Star
Posts: 2078
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:42 pm
Location: Embracing the suck...somewhere.
x 258
x 309

Re: College Football - Week 1 (Sept. 1)

Postby PackLandVA » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:50 am

UMFan83 wrote:
PackLandVA wrote:Muck Fichigan!!

Hail to those mother <horsefeathers>.
Hail to those big <horsefeathers> suckers.
Hail, Hail, Michigan.
The cesspool of the land!

\:D/


You guys sad you didn’t get Mack?

Also how can anyone take any joy in Michigan’s football failings anymore? It’s been a decade of consistent failure



Question #1 - No. It would be nice to have him, sure. But he cost quite a bit, both in the draft and financially. Great pickup for the Bears.....if they get decent QB play moving forward. And Mack stays healthy. Number 1 picks are a lot to give up, but you've got to give up a lot to get a player like Mack.

Question #2 - F Michigan! Go Bloe!!
0 x
Sticks the landing!!!

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8857
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 3827
x 408

Re: College Football - Week 1 (Sept. 1)

Postby Old Style » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:19 pm

Lol @ Arizona
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8857
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 3827
x 408

Re: College Football - Week 1 (Sept. 1)

Postby Old Style » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:26 am

How did Willie Taggart get the FSU job again? In his 3 previous head coaching jobs he was over .500 only once and that was last year when he went 7-5 in his only year at Oregon.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 31675
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:02 am
Location: West Michigan
x 556

Re: College Football - Week 1 (Sept. 1)

Postby Andy » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:51 am

Old Style wrote:How did Willie Taggart get the FSU job again? In his 3 previous head coaching jobs he was over .500 only once and that was last year when he went 7-5 in his only year at Oregon.

Not over .500 overall at those previous 2 jobs but both times he took over garbage situations and quickly made them better. He may yet flame out at FSU, and they certainly were bad tonight, but this team was an Independence Bowl team last year.
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES

NOLA
All-Star
Posts: 3666
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 569
x 346
Contact:

Re: College Football - Week 1 (Sept. 1)

Postby NOLA » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:55 am

Failing to throw a red challenge flag when his receiver was called down at the 1 yd line, then that awful 2-minute drill before halftime was some pretty bad coaching by Taggart.
0 x

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8857
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 3827
x 408

Re: College Football - Week 1 (Sept. 1)

Postby Old Style » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:39 pm

Andy wrote:
Old Style wrote:How did Willie Taggart get the FSU job again? In his 3 previous head coaching jobs he was over .500 only once and that was last year when he went 7-5 in his only year at Oregon.

Not over .500 overall at those previous 2 jobs but both times he took over garbage situations and quickly made them better. He may yet flame out at FSU, and they certainly were bad tonight, but this team was an Independence Bowl team last year.

Wasn't the main reason because the QB blew out his knee in week 1? I don't think they've have a signing class outside the top 10 in the past 4 years with two being top 5 classes. Talent shouldn't be an issue.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President
Posts: 11731
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:58 am
Location: behind the boathouse
x 538
x 935

Re: College Football - Week 1 (Sept. 1)

Postby sneakypower » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:41 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:
Andy wrote:It's entirely possible ND's defense is just freaking great, but Michigan just didn't look like they've changed much of anything from last year offensively except going shotgun a little more often. Kind of a weird game overall.


Michigan fans seeing why Patterson actually transferred and it wasn't because he wanted to play in a bowl this year. He was going to be the 2nd string QB at Ole Miss.

He's not that good.


He didn’t look that bad to me. He was constantly under pressure and was on the run a lot. I thought he tucked it too early a few times, lost Michigan 3 points by taking a 17 yard sack, the INT was whatever but the fumble shouldn’t have happened. I hear that’s a problem he had last year.

Anyways NDs defense might be stout who knows but it was really defensive mistakes that killed Michigan. Not able to contain winovich, penalties on 3rd downs, 3rd down conversions in general, didn’t matter if it was 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 18, just couldn’t get off the field.

Oh well have several more shots to win “big games” or if they lose them all as usual cement themselves as a team that never ever wins any game of any importance

he more or less looked fine, but it's hard to judge with the worst tackle play conceivable, not that the interior was any great shakes either

how did that not show itself in practice when these guys face the best DEs in the nation
0 x

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 31675
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:02 am
Location: West Michigan
x 556

Re: College Football - Week 1 (Sept. 1)

Postby Andy » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:20 pm

Old Style wrote:
Andy wrote:
Old Style wrote:How did Willie Taggart get the FSU job again? In his 3 previous head coaching jobs he was over .500 only once and that was last year when he went 7-5 in his only year at Oregon.

Not over .500 overall at those previous 2 jobs but both times he took over garbage situations and quickly made them better. He may yet flame out at FSU, and they certainly were bad tonight, but this team was an Independence Bowl team last year.

Wasn't the main reason because the QB blew out his knee in week 1? I don't think they've have a signing class outside the top 10 in the past 4 years with two being top 5 classes. Talent shouldn't be an issue.

Well, that QB was the same one that piloted them to all of 3 points last night, so maybe his injury wasn't as big a factor as we've been led to believe.
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8857
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 3827
x 408

Re: College Football - Week 1 (Sept. 1)

Postby Old Style » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:22 pm

Andy wrote:
Old Style wrote:
Andy wrote:Not over .500 overall at those previous 2 jobs but both times he took over garbage situations and quickly made them better. He may yet flame out at FSU, and they certainly were bad tonight, but this team was an Independence Bowl team last year.

Wasn't the main reason because the QB blew out his knee in week 1? I don't think they've have a signing class outside the top 10 in the past 4 years with two being top 5 classes. Talent shouldn't be an issue.

Well, that QB was the same one that piloted them to all of 3 points last night, so maybe his injury wasn't as big a factor as we've been led to believe.

It's also a brand new coaching staff with the previous HC being known for making QB's.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: putty34 and 11 guests