College Football - Championship Week (Dec. 1)

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Re: College Football - Championship Week (Dec. 1)

Postby SouthSideRyan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:35 am

OleMissCub wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:
SouthSideRyan wrote:
Because they blew a lead against Bama? Because they beat...Florida?

I just think they’re better than OSU and Oklahoma

They are. But you can’t justify it based on the current metrics the committee uses.

Speaking of which, today was a good example of why ND needs to be left out of the playoffs based on principle.

- Bama plays a 13th game and their Heisman QB leaves on a cart.
- Notre Dame players are sitting in their apartments playing Red Dead Redemption.

Let’s call Bamas 13th game The Citadel and call it even
2 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:41 am

OleMissCub wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:
SouthSideRyan wrote:
Because they blew a lead against Bama? Because they beat...Florida?

I just think they’re better than OSU and Oklahoma

They are. But you can’t justify it based on the current metrics the committee uses.

Speaking of which, today was a good example of why ND needs to be left out of the playoffs based on principle.

- Notre Dame players are sitting in their apartments playing Red Dead Redemption.

Fun fact: you are older than any of the conference championship games.

It's absolutely amazing to me that people act like these stupid money grab title games (two of which today featured teams ND has already beaten, for the record) are now sacrosanct.
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:55 pm

And what are these "metrics" that the committee uses? Because they've been inconsistent at best in applying any sort of guidelines.

In fact, there was a website that ran a BCS simulation all season, and the committee almost exactly ranked the teams like the computer did....which begs the question of what exactly the committee does that is so unique or different?
0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:58 pm

Andy wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:I just think they’re better than OSU and Oklahoma

It's absolutely amazing to me that people act like these stupid money grab title games (two of which today featured teams ND has already beaten, for the record) are now sacrosanct.

lol who said anything about them being holy? A 13th game is still a 13th game.

Doesn’t matter I suppose. If ND has to play Bama it’s going to look the same as it did last time they played.
0 x

NewUserName
5-Time All-Star

Postby NewUserName » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:29 pm

The week the SEC plays a bunch of FCS schools at the end of the year should disqualify them from ever having 2 teams
0 x
“There are 2,000 verses of Scripture that call upon us to respond to the needs of the poor. And yet, I find that when Christians talked about values in this last election that was not on the agenda, that was not a concern. ”-Tony Campolo

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:31 pm

NewUserName wrote:The week the SEC plays a bunch of FCS schools at the end of the year should disqualify them from ever having 2 teams

If the NCAA had any actual authority (or balls) they would cut that horsefeathers out immediately.

At the very least, tell schools that any victories over FCS schools will not count towards bowl eligibility. If an SEC school goes 6-6 with victories over The Citadel and Yale, have fun sitting at home
0 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:31 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
Andy wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:

Doesn’t matter I suppose. If ND has to play Bama it’s going to look the same as it did last time they played.

All the games yesterday except Alabama vs Georgia were a complete waste of time - either because they already happened or because they were complete mismatches set forth by dumbass division structures - and people like you are advocating that the committee make that one a complete waste of time too by ignoring the result.

And no one on ND and Bama's teams except the head coaches are the same as last time, so 2012 has less than nothing to do with what happens if they meet again, though unless the committee rigs it otherwise, ND will have to beat Clemson, another team I assume you think will kill them, to get there.
0 x

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:52 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
Andy wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:

And the Citadel is still not a real game.
0 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:20 pm

SouthSideRyan wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:
Andy wrote:Fun fact: you are older than any of the conference championship games.

And the Citadel is still not a real game.

Dunno man, they DID score a TD against Bama, something Miss St nor LSU could do. /s
1 x

bukie
Superstar

Postby bukie » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:29 pm

After yesterday's results I wouldn't be surprised if Clemson is at #1, followed by Bama, ND and choice of OU/OSU.

Fun fact, among the 4 undefeated teams, the one with the toughest strength of schedule is ND.
0 x
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

NOLA
All-Star

Postby NOLA » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:01 pm

bukie wrote:After yesterday's results I wouldn't be surprised if Clemson is at #1, followed by Bama, ND and choice of OU/OSU.

Fun fact, among the 4 undefeated teams, the one with the toughest strength of schedule is ND.

I think ND is the second best team with Clemson and Georgia close behind. Not an argument for playoff seeding, just my opinion, man.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:48 pm

CRISIS AVERTED. THEY DID THE OBVIOUS NON-CONTROVERSIAL THING
0 x

NewUserName
5-Time All-Star

Postby NewUserName » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:00 pm

bukie wrote:After yesterday's results I wouldn't be surprised if Clemson is at #1, followed by Bama, ND and choice of OU/OSU.

What was the SEC signature non cinference win this year? Miami? Georgia Tech?
0 x
“There are 2,000 verses of Scripture that call upon us to respond to the needs of the poor. And yet, I find that when Christians talked about values in this last election that was not on the agenda, that was not a concern. ”-Tony Campolo

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:05 pm

NewUserName wrote:

What was Clemson’s? Texas A&M?
0 x

NewUserName
5-Time All-Star

Postby NewUserName » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:15 pm

Derwood wrote:
NewUserName wrote:

Not really the point. If people really want Georgia in, what do they have to base that on besides the eye test. I would have been against Alabama getting in if Georgia had won.
0 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:25 pm

NewUserName wrote:
Derwood wrote:
NewUserName wrote:

Not really the point. If people really want Georgia in, what do they have to base that on besides the eye test. I would have been against Alabama getting in if Georgia had won.

Not only would Alabama have gotten in with a loss yesterday, they'd have been seeded 3rd. I think Georgia would've vaulted to 1 with Clemson at 2 and ND 4.

Thankfully, the committee decided "who'd be favored on a neutral field" is less important than "the actual results of the games that were really played".
0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:59 pm

NewUserName wrote:I would have been against Alabama getting in if Georgia had won.

Slow down there, highspeed
0 x

NewUserName
5-Time All-Star

Postby NewUserName » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:22 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
NewUserName wrote:I would have been against Alabama getting in if Georgia had won.

Slow down there, highspeed
Besides eye test what is their resume? The SEC has very little to hang their hat on this season besides we are the SEC and you're not. They should be punished for playing 8 conference games. Horsefeathers of a non con schedule. If they are that good, prove it with non con road games.
0 x

Return to “Other Sports”