Round 1: Eagles at Bears Sunday 3:40 on NBC

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Re: Round 1: Eagles at Bears Sunday 3:40 on NBC

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:05 am

This team faces a *major* free agent exodus and draft pick shortage in two years.

I'm not saying the window is one more year, but I wouldn't be shocked if that's all it was.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:05 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
BigSlick wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:Mitch isn’t the guy

That’s your takeaway from the game??

No, my takeaway is parkey is a cartoon character.

But we’ll also spend 10 years Flaccoing our way through the Trubisky years.

Buddy, thats a horsefeathers up comp
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:06 am

Sent to me by my Cleveland fan buddy of all people, but very apt takeaway for that ending.

0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:06 am

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:This team faces a *major* free agent exodus and draft pick shortage in two years.

I'm not saying the window is one more year, but I wouldn't be shocked if that's all it was.

I mean really, 1 is all they need
0 x

Splendid Splinter
All-Star

Postby Splendid Splinter » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:06 am

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:

Would you play the odds and keep him? Im ready to draft high on a kicker

Drafting kickers is dumber than bringing back the guy who hit an upright 5 times in a season.

But still a better gamble then keeping him

This. Plus I want an actual kicker who can actually kick a FG 50+ yards consistently. Parkey had a hell of a time just kicking for the high 40s yarders.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:07 am

gflore34 wrote:
BigSlick wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:No, my takeaway is parkey is a cartoon character.

But we’ll also spend 10 years Flaccoing our way through the Trubisky years.

Hey, Flacco won a super bowl. I’ll take it.

Mitch was pretty good today, wouldn't blame him, besides Parkey, if someone must be blamed. I lay it Amos and O'Donnell, if the [expletive] gets off a decent punt the Bears win.

Amos and O’Donnell both had huge plays. Punting didn’t lose this game. Neither did the secondary. The offense did nothing.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:07 am

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:This team faces a *major* free agent exodus and draft pick shortage in two years.

The only way the window isnt next year is Mitch somehow becoming a top 5 QB.
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:07 am

Derwood wrote:I'm not ready to say Mitch isn't the guy, but for every awesome throw he had an equally awful one. He greatly benefitted from Allen Robinson's ability to catch anything within 10 feet of him

Prove it. Name the awesome throws and name the awful ones.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:08 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:

The only way the window isnt next year is Mitch somehow becoming a top 5 QB.

At least temporarily. Pace only gets one year rebuilds from here on out if he is any good.
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:10 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
gflore34 wrote:
BigSlick wrote:Hey, Flacco won a super bowl. I’ll take it.

Mitch was pretty good today, wouldn't blame him, besides Parkey, if someone must be blamed. I lay it Amos and O'Donnell, if the [expletive] gets off a decent punt the Bears win.

Amos and O’Donnell both had huge plays. Punting didn’t lose this game. Neither did the secondary. The offense did nothing.

The offense didn't have huge plays?
0 x

BigSlick
Superstar

Postby BigSlick » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:11 am

Sports are dumb.

Well, it was a fun year. I look forward to 9 months of people arguing over whether Trubisky is any good because this year and this game certainly didn’t settle the argument.

Fun. When’s baseball season?
0 x
"The only good sabermetrician is a dead one." --Andrew Jackson, 1776.

I have to admit its getting better...it can't get no worse - The Beatles (On the Cubs)

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Postby 17 Seconds » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:13 am

d_money wrote:
17 Seconds wrote:
d_money wrote:What the hell does this mean?

it makes losing hurt less if you remember that this is a trash sport full of bad people

Great, then move over to the baseball pages.

i was just trying to cheer you up!
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:14 am

rawaction wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
gflore34 wrote:

The offense had to move the ball and score. They did not. Special teams was fine, sans Parkey. Defense was fine. Offense was not here. They did nothing and the QB, Mitch Trubisky, takes the bulk of the blame. He was not good. The QB has to be good to win in the playoffs. Mitch was not.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Perd
Starter

Postby Perd » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:19 am

At least we still got this riproaring Cubs offseason still in progress.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:19 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
rawaction wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:Amos and O’Donnell both had huge plays. Punting didn’t lose this game. Neither did the secondary. The offense did nothing.

The offense had to move the ball and score. They did not. Special teams was fine, sans Parkey. Defense was fine. Offense was not here. They did nothing and the QB, Mitch Trubisky, takes the bulk of the blame. He was not good. The QB has to be good to win in the playoffs. Mitch was not.

Mitch was good. Parkey horsefeathers that kick.

Go home
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:20 am

Perd wrote:At least we still got this riproaring Cubs offseason still in progress.

Give Harper whatever he wants right now so I don't have to talk about this tomorrow.
1 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:21 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
rawaction wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:Amos and O’Donnell both had huge plays. Punting didn’t lose this game. Neither did the secondary. The offense did nothing.

Special teams had a 32 yard punt (with 12 yards of rolling), on the go-ahead drive. Defense gave up the game-winning score. Offense didn't play well enough, but had over 350 yards. Trubisky was good. He wasn't great. But if the QB has to be good to win in the playoffs, why did the guy who performed worse get the win?
1 x

BigSlick
Superstar

Postby BigSlick » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:23 am

I wouldn’t say the offense did everything it should have. It basically didn’t move the ball until the 4th quarter - and Mitch was definitely up and down and made some great down field passes late. If he was on target early, they have the game in hand without resorting to a kick late.

It is what it is.
0 x
"The only good sabermetrician is a dead one." --Andrew Jackson, 1776.

I have to admit its getting better...it can't get no worse - The Beatles (On the Cubs)

Soul
Resident Cat Lady

Postby Soul » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:23 am

I see a Ray Finkle type future for Parkey.
0 x
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

gflore34
All-Star

Postby gflore34 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:23 am

rawaction wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
rawaction wrote:

Special teams had a 32 yard punt (with 12 yards of rolling), on the go-ahead drive. Defense gave up the game-winning score. Offense didn't play well enough, but had over 350 yards. Trubisky was good. He wasn't great. But if the QB has to be good to win in the playoffs, why did the guy who performed worse get the win?

I was golng to say something to that extent as well, Foles wasn't all that good. Threw 2 int. probably should have had at least one more.
0 x

gflore34
All-Star

Postby gflore34 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:26 am

BigSlick wrote:I wouldn’t say the offense did everything it should have. It basically didn’t move the ball until the 4th quarter - and Mitch was definitely up and down and made some great down field passes late. If he was on target early, they have the game in hand without resorting to a kick late.

It is what it is.

Definitely, the Eagles secondary and linebackers suck, if Brees has the time Mitch had, he'll lay 30+ on those clowns next week.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:29 am

gflore34 wrote:
BigSlick wrote:I wouldn’t say the offense did everything it should have. It basically didn’t move the ball until the 4th quarter - and Mitch was definitely up and down and made some great down field passes late. If he was on target early, they have the game in hand without resorting to a kick late.

It is what it is.

Definitely, the Eagles secondary and linebackers suck, if Brees has the time Mitch had, he'll lay 30+ on those clowns next week.

No he wont. But NO will win.

Mitch did his horsefeathering job. He got to within a range that every NFL kick should be confident at. Parkey blew it. The Bears blew it by giving him anything beyond this year in money. Draft a horsefeathering kicker.
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:33 am

It is what it is.

I'm sorry, but you guys are going to have to start putting some evidence with these statements. When was Mitch off target early (talking about legitimately missing passes) that prevented the team from scoring?

I'm not at all claiming he was great. Just saying, he in no way prevented them from scoring more points as you and Goony are alluding to.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:40 am

rawaction wrote:

It is what it is.

I'm sorry, but you guys are going to have to start putting some evidence with these statements. When was Mitch off target early (talking about legitimately missing passes) that prevented the team from scoring?

I'm not at all claiming he was great. Just saying, he in no way prevented them from scoring more points as you and Goony are alluding to.

Yuuuup. Mitch played fine and in the clutch, played the game we needed him to.
1 x

r_mack
Starter

Postby r_mack » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:40 am

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
gflore34 wrote:

It is what it is.

No he wont. But NO will win.

Mitch did his horsefeathering job. He got to within a range that every NFL kick should be confident at. Parkey blew it. The Bears blew it by giving him anything beyond this year in money. Draft a horsefeathering kicker.

Mitch had one good drive in the 4th when they got the TD and made a nice pass to Robinson in the 4th to get them in FG range. Outside of that, he was pretty mediocre especially in the first half. 15 points (should have been 18) in a home playoff game just isn't good enough, sorry.
0 x

Return to “Other Sports”