Chicago Bears offseason

Tim
Hall of Fame

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby Tim » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:31 am

Wilson A2000 wrote:So I guess the Bears are going to be signing Kareem Hunt soon

Nagy wrote:“There’s one thing right now with Kareem, and that’s worrying about him as a person,” Nagy said. “You know, I talked to Kareem, and as completely wanting to know how he’s doing. We had a good conversation. Here’s a kid that I spent a year coaching on offense. It’s a tough situation. I wanted to see, making sure that he’s OK, but understanding, too, the situation that happened is unfortunate for everybody, and he knows that. The only thing I cared about when I talked to him was literally his personal life, how he’s doing, and it was a good conversation. He sounded good, but that’s it. I mean, the other stuff, that’s not where it’s at. There’s more to it than the football. So we talked strictly on that.”

Just...no.
1 x
Spoiler: show

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:15 pm

Tim wrote:
Wilson A2000 wrote:So I guess the Bears are going to be signing Kareem Hunt soon

Nagy wrote:“There’s one thing right now with Kareem, and that’s worrying about him as a person,” Nagy said. “You know, I talked to Kareem, and as completely wanting to know how he’s doing. We had a good conversation. Here’s a kid that I spent a year coaching on offense. It’s a tough situation. I wanted to see, making sure that he’s OK, but understanding, too, the situation that happened is unfortunate for everybody, and he knows that. The only thing I cared about when I talked to him was literally his personal life, how he’s doing, and it was a good conversation. He sounded good, but that’s it. I mean, the other stuff, that’s not where it’s at. There’s more to it than the football. So we talked strictly on that.”

Just...no.

You mean you DON'T feel sorry for the professional football player that physically attacked the young girl? Heartless bastard you are. HE IS A VICTIM TOO! [/green font]
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:36 pm

0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:49 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:

I could actually see the McCaskeys being the saving grace here and stopping any Hunt transaction.
1 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:53 pm

Is there any reason to believe it is under consideration outside Nagy saying he talked to him on the phone?
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:55 pm

God i hope not
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:58 pm

Brian wrote:Is there any reason to believe it is under consideration outside Nagy saying he talked to him on the phone?

yes

they don't really mesh with their internal starting RB and are probably looking for somebody exactly like him
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:59 pm

Tim wrote:

Just...no.

Nagy took the whole learning from Joe Maddon thing too far
5 x
Win it for Fred

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:03 pm

It's an extremely touchy subject, and I really don't want anything to do with Hunt on the Bears nor do I think it justifies anything in any way, but was there any verification (in video or anything?) to the story that was out that the girl dropped the n-word on Hunt and that was what set him off? Or was that people just making stuff up to try to defend him?

I saw sulley (I know) tweeting something about it, but I hadn't heard anything about the story since the whole thing died down.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:09 pm

David wrote:It's an extremely touchy subject, and I really don't want anything to do with Hunt on the Bears nor do I think it justifies anything in any way, but was there any verification (in video or anything?) to the story that was out that the girl dropped the n-word on Hunt and that was what set him off? Or was that people just making stuff up to try to defend him?

I saw sulley (I know) tweeting something about it, but I hadn't heard anything about the story since the whole thing died down.

So? Isn't that the same crappy excuse Mixon had?
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:12 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
David wrote:It's an extremely touchy subject, and I really don't want anything to do with Hunt on the Bears nor do I think it justifies anything in any way, but was there any verification (in video or anything?) to the story that was out that the girl dropped the n-word on Hunt and that was what set him off? Or was that people just making stuff up to try to defend him?

So nothing. I'm just curious if there was any proof out there of that happening.

Big strong dudes pushing and kicking women is horrific, but so is being a racist hateful piece of trash. If she did that, she sucks too.

Again, I do not want Kareem Hunt anywhere near the Bears...I'm asking a question about something that is being discussed.
Last edited by David on Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:13 pm

Does it matter? Even if she used the word that doesn't justify what he did.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:14 pm

Old Style wrote:

Hey good job repeating something I already said.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:16 pm

Me wandering into this godforsaken thread at just the right time:

0 x

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:33 pm

David if it helps I also don't want the girl on the team.
11 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:36 pm

David wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:

So nothing. I'm just curious if there was any proof out there of that happening.

Big strong dudes pushing and kicking women is horrific, but so is being a racist hateful piece of trash. If she did that, she sucks too.

Again, I do not want Kareem Hunt anywhere near the Bears...I'm asking a question about something that is being discussed.

"Just asking questions" is a dumb reason.
1 x

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:40 pm

David wrote:
Old Style wrote:

Hey good job repeating something I already said.

Then why even bring it up?
0 x

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:01 pm

I dunno. I know there is video evidence that he violently assaulted a woman.
0 x

Chocolate Milk
5-Time All-Star

Postby Chocolate Milk » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:18 pm

Hasn't he gotten into a bunch of other fights too? This isn't an isolated incident from what I understand.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:20 pm

David wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:

But a woman who sucks doesn't justify a brutal attack.

You can't be against domestic violence but then say it can be mitigated if the woman instigated the matter.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:23 pm

Chocolate Milk wrote:Hasn't he gotten into a bunch of other fights too? This isn't an isolated incident from what I understand.

The article I read this morning said that there are 3 incidents that the NFL will review before the process would begin that would allow anyone to sign him.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:58 pm

Brian wrote:
Chocolate Milk wrote:Hasn't he gotten into a bunch of other fights too? This isn't an isolated incident from what I understand.

The article I read this morning said that there are 3 incidents that the NFL will review before the process would begin that would allow anyone to sign him.

hopefully, that process eats up the rest of his useful career so Nagy isn't tempted to bring him to Chicago. Honsetly I can't believe Nagy would be that dumb, but winning in the NFL is a desperate thing.

Look at it this way, Nagy has a PR issue with Parkey (going on the Today show looking for sympathy and the team really needing to cut him because he sucks) and he turns around to say "I feel for Hunt". WTF Nagy. Deal with Parkey and horsefeathers Kareem Hunt. Hunt sealed his own fate, rightfully or not. Stay out of it and settle your own issues.

I wouldn't blame Nagy for dumping Parkey at all because he was awful all horsefeathering season, not just his last kick.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:51 pm

0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:56 pm

"Enter his realm?" The horsefeathers? Does sulley think it was footage from Mortal Kombat or something?
5 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:01 pm

3 x

Return to “Other Sports”