Chicago Bears offseason

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 3936
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 609

Re: RE: Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:13 pm

rawaction wrote:Bars is not a tackle. He can do it in a pinch, and I'm sure Heistand can make him more than serviceable there. But he should be considered the future at whatever guard spot Whitehair is not playing.
Ok so then it appears you agree with me that hes likely gonna be a starter on the line and that leaves only 1 spot to be replaced, likely after 2020. That's not really a long reach of hope.
0 x

User avatar
tfarks
All-Star
Posts: 3593
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:26 pm
Location: Boston
x 15
x 12

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby tfarks » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:23 pm

BigbadB wrote:There is only one potential fantasy stud on this offense and it's Trubisky.


Only part I disagree with here. I think Montgomery is going to wreak havoc employed in this scheme and end up as ROY.
1 x
A student of philosophy, eager to display his powers of argument, approached Diogenes, introduced himself and said, "If it pleases you, sir, let me prove to you that there is no such thing as motion." Whereupon Diogenes immediately got up and left.

User avatar
BigbadB
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24608
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:38 am
Location: San Diego
x 21
x 154

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby BigbadB » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:29 pm

tfarks wrote:
BigbadB wrote:There is only one potential fantasy stud on this offense and it's Trubisky.


Only part I disagree with here. I think Montgomery is going to wreak havoc employed in this scheme and end up as ROY.


I hope you are right, but I can totally see Nagy using Montgomery, Davis, Cohen and Patterson in the backfield to keep fresh legs in there. Montgomery will likely be the feature guy, but I'll bet his touches between carries and catches will be less than 20 a game.
0 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 3936
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 609

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:42 pm

Can someone provide some context to Montgomery's meh stats last year? The team won 8 games so they weren't bad, they only threw for about 3K so they weren't an air-raid offense I dont think. Montgomery had a 4.7 ypc and only 22 catches for 157 yards. I know college stats aren't everything and sometimes they can be nothing. I like his tape and some of his athletic traits. Just curious.
0 x

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 79389
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 3086
x 4951
Contact:

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby UMFan83 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:58 am

So umm



95% likely this is the Bears right?
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61585
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 8981
x 5281

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby David » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:09 am

can't tell if you're serious or just making a joke because lol bears kickers

but i'm pretty sure it's not the bears
0 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 13016
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1936
x 1020

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:34 am

David wrote:can't tell if you're serious or just making a joke because lol bears kickers

but i'm pretty sure it's not the bears

Criteria

Top 10 type kicker on roster
No extra camp body
Home for last preseason game
1 x
Image

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 34569
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: GRIP IT AND RIP IT
x 2047
x 2133

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:26 am

UMFan83 wrote:So umm



95% likely this is the Bears right?


Women in men's sports comments are the unparalleled worst comments on the internet, and internet comments are the worst thing humanity has collectively produced.
1 x

Bertz
All-Star
Posts: 1369
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:59 pm
x 558
x 737

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby Bertz » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:14 am

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:This bears season is scary because the last few years have been structured for a window that was pretty much last year and this year. It gets dicey fast as you look into the future.


While I think you're mostly right the window is more like three years: last year/this year/next year. After year 4 for a young QB is generally when the honeymoon is over. If he's good that's when you have to start paying him, if he's not good that's when you can feel pretty confident he's not going to get any better. Plus on the defensive side, our team control on Jackson and Floyd runs through next year.
0 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 17728
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: THE HONORABLE JUDGE PRICK
x 1660
x 779

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:33 pm

Bertz wrote:
Hairyducked Idiot wrote:This bears season is scary because the last few years have been structured for a window that was pretty much last year and this year. It gets dicey fast as you look into the future.


While I think you're mostly right the window is more like three years: last year/this year/next year. After year 4 for a young QB is generally when the honeymoon is over. If he's good that's when you have to start paying him, if he's not good that's when you can feel pretty confident he's not going to get any better. Plus on the defensive side, our team control on Jackson and Floyd runs through next year.


his comment has to do with how long an elite defense can keep a team in contention I believe. that being said, I think 3 years is pretty appropriate
0 x
Image

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 34569
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: GRIP IT AND RIP IT
x 2047
x 2133

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:40 pm

It's a combination of a couple things. Impending free agents, the lack of first-round picks, the historical short longevity of elite defenses.

If they can't get it done this year, it's tough to see next year as better.
0 x

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 28885
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 42
x 4956
Contact:

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby Brian » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:56 pm

Cutty will be in the house on Sept. 5!

“Just kind of going to go as a fan and watch the game and enjoy it,” Cutler said. “I’ve never really watched a game from the stadium from that view. So it’s going to be fun. I’m looking forward to it.”


https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/b ... story.html
4 x

User avatar
PackLandVA
All-Star
Posts: 2520
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:42 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, baby!!
x 477
x 508

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby PackLandVA » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:23 pm

Does he leave the smokes in the car?
0 x
Sticks the landing!!!

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 17728
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: THE HONORABLE JUDGE PRICK
x 1660
x 779

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:51 pm

PackLandVA wrote:Does he leave the smokes in the car?



I bet he'd be a riot to watch the game with
0 x
Image

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61585
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 8981
x 5281

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby David » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:29 pm

0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7601
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 666
x 696

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby TomtheBombadil » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:50 pm

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:Can someone provide some context to Montgomery's meh stats last year? The team won 8 games so they weren't bad, they only threw for about 3K so they weren't an air-raid offense I dont think. Montgomery had a 4.7 ypc and only 22 catches for 157 yards. I know college stats aren't everything and sometimes they can be nothing. I like his tape and some of his athletic traits. Just curious.


He scored 13 TDs on a team that scored 33...His teammate Hakeem Butler (9 TDs in 60 receptions) is a serious WR prospect too but broke his hand in preseason
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 79389
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 3086
x 4951
Contact:

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:25 am

lol Piniero had an XP blocked

Edit: never mind I don’t think it was blocked, he just completely shanked it. Not good

I mean holy horsefeathers that one was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay wide left
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
PackLandVA
All-Star
Posts: 2520
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:42 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, baby!!
x 477
x 508

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby PackLandVA » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:28 am

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
PackLandVA wrote:Does he leave the smokes in the car?



I bet he'd be a riot to watch the game with



He’s probably a big douche. But I agree that he’d probably be fun to watch a game with. Or even just drink beer and smoke with.
0 x
Sticks the landing!!!

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 28885
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 42
x 4956
Contact:

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby Brian » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:56 am

UMFan83 wrote:lol Piniero had an XP blocked

Edit: never mind I don’t think it was blocked, he just completely shanked it. Not good

I mean holy horsefeathers that one was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay wide left


Nice recovery going 3-3 on the field goals, nothing crazy like the 58 yarder but still good to see. I really want to love the guy with him being cocky [expletive] nailing field goals and pumping his fists.
0 x

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 28885
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 42
x 4956
Contact:

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby Brian » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:08 am

lol I wanted that to work so bad
0 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 3936
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 609

Re: RE: Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:45 am

TomtheBombadil wrote:
We Got The Whole 9 wrote:Can someone provide some context to Montgomery's meh stats last year? The team won 8 games so they weren't bad, they only threw for about 3K so they weren't an air-raid offense I dont think. Montgomery had a 4.7 ypc and only 22 catches for 157 yards. I know college stats aren't everything and sometimes they can be nothing. I like his tape and some of his athletic traits. Just curious.


He scored 13 TDs on a team that scored 33...His teammate Hakeem Butler (9 TDs in 60 receptions) is a serious WR prospect too but broke his hand in preseason
I know it's college and some of these numbers need to be taken with a huge grain of salt but there were 26 backs ahead of him in TDs.
0 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 3936
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 609

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:46 am

Sounds like Bars showed tremendous proficiency at LT tonight. Regardless of the competition he faced, his technical prowess was on full display.
0 x

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 79389
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 3086
x 4951
Contact:

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:38 pm

The schedule is so annoying to start the season...only 1 of their first 6 games are noon starts, and that 1 game is the London game. They don't play a noon game in the US until week 8 (10/27).
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
Brian707
All-Star
Posts: 3130
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Algonquin IL
x 890
x 1324

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby Brian707 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:58 pm

UMFan83 wrote:The schedule is so annoying to start the season...only 1 of their first 6 games are noon starts, and that 1 game is the London game. They don't play a noon game in the US until week 8 (10/27).


I pretty much can only attend noon games with my season tickets. 3 home game noon games in a row, 10-27,11-10,11-24. That's it, on the other hand, Bears tickets are reselling very nicely. Even the preseason, mainly because of the bobblehead giveaways sold well.
0 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 3936
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 609

Re: RE: Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:10 pm

UMFan83 wrote:The schedule is so annoying to start the season...only 1 of their first 6 games are noon starts, and that 1 game is the London game. They don't play a noon game in the US until week 8 (10/27).
On the other hand this fits my schedule like a glove and I love it
0 x


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests