NFL Playoffs

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 37548
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1261
x 1600

Re: NFL Playoffs

Postby OleMissCub » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:31 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:So that ref, Phil McKinnley played for the Rams...he also played for the Falcons and missed that really obvious targeting call last year that gave Kamara a concussion when the Saints played the Falcons.

Sour grapes I know, but c'mon. NFL refs need to be beyond reproach. You shouldn't get to call a game with teams that you have affiliations with.



Whole crew were gutless. There’s a photo out there showing 3 refs staring at the play.
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60551
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2919
x 10107

Re: NFL Playoffs

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:41 pm

Image
11 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 37548
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1261
x 1600

Re: NFL Playoffs

Postby OleMissCub » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:29 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:Image


Image
2 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 81353
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 12541
x 15093

Re: NFL Playoffs

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:41 pm

Lowest rated SB in a decade.
0 x

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 28497
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 40
x 4655
Contact:

Re: NFL Playoffs

Postby Brian » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:19 pm

I think last nights game may have finally killed my irrational obligation to watch the Super Bowl as a pop culture event.
0 x

sweetpeteman
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8056
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:13 pm
Location: The River
x 14
x 143

Re: NFL Playoffs

Postby sweetpeteman » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:47 pm

Brian wrote:I think last nights game may have finally killed my irrational obligation to watch the Super Bowl as a pop culture event.



Same. I realized at some point that I hadn't been paying any attention to the game or the commercials and turned to something else.
0 x

User avatar
PackLandVA
All-Star
Posts: 2397
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:42 pm
Location: Still loving the Cubs, despite the hot takes on this board lately!
x 426
x 474

Re: NFL Playoffs

Postby PackLandVA » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:55 pm

I mostly cared just about my squares hitting at the end of each quarter. They did not, which added to watching being a waste of my evening.
0 x
Sticks the landing!!!

User avatar
gflore34
All-Star
Posts: 3807
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:32 pm
Location: Lansing, MI.
x 2
x 23

Re: NFL Playoffs

Postby gflore34 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:03 pm

Saw an article on ESPN stating this Super Bowl featured the greatest defensive performance in Super Bowl history, really? What about Super Bowl 20? Here's some of what the Bears did to the Patriots - 123 total net yards, 7 yards rushing, sacked 7 times, 6 TO and it wasn't even that close.
0 x

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 28497
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 40
x 4655
Contact:

Re: NFL Playoffs

Postby Brian » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:12 pm

gflore34 wrote:Saw an article on ESPN stating this Super Bowl featured the greatest defensive performance in Super Bowl history, really? What about Super Bowl 20? Here's some of what the Bears did to the Patriots - 123 total net yards, 7 yards rushing, sacked 7 times, 6 TO and it wasn't even that close.


not seeing the article, is it possibly both teams combined?
0 x

User avatar
gflore34
All-Star
Posts: 3807
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:32 pm
Location: Lansing, MI.
x 2
x 23

Re: NFL Playoffs

Postby gflore34 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:24 pm

Brian wrote:
gflore34 wrote:Saw an article on ESPN stating this Super Bowl featured the greatest defensive performance in Super Bowl history, really? What about Super Bowl 20? Here's some of what the Bears did to the Patriots - 123 total net yards, 7 yards rushing, sacked 7 times, 6 TO and it wasn't even that close.


not seeing the article, is it possibly both teams combined?



http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2592 ... s-did-rams
0 x

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 28497
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 40
x 4655
Contact:

Re: NFL Playoffs

Postby Brian » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:30 pm

using "percent of scoring average" doesn't seem like the best measure
2 x

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61435
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 8698
x 5160

Re: NFL Playoffs

Postby David » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:46 pm

any slight to the 85 bears is ok with me

so tired of most of those idiots
0 x

User avatar
gflore34
All-Star
Posts: 3807
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:32 pm
Location: Lansing, MI.
x 2
x 23

Re: NFL Playoffs

Postby gflore34 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:52 pm

David wrote:any slight to the 85 bears is ok with me

so tired of most of those idiots



Could care less if was a slight to the Bears or not, meant from a numbers prespective, Super Bowl 53 may not qualify as the greatest defensive performance in Super Bowl history.
0 x

User avatar
PackLandVA
All-Star
Posts: 2397
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:42 pm
Location: Still loving the Cubs, despite the hot takes on this board lately!
x 426
x 474

Re: NFL Playoffs

Postby PackLandVA » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:38 am

I think Edelman being the MVP was an okay choice. Certainly if the award has the go to a single player (though it doesn’t). The NFL would never do it, but I would’ve give it to the Pats entire defense. They basically allowed the Pats to win while only scoring 10 points.
0 x
Sticks the landing!!!

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60551
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2919
x 10107

Re: NFL Playoffs

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:08 am

PackLandVA wrote:I think Edelman being the MVP was an okay choice. Certainly if the award has the go to a single player (though it doesn’t). The NFL would never do it, but I would’ve give it to the Pats entire defense. They basically allowed the Pats to win while only scoring 10 points.

Good thing he’s white or he never would have won coming off PED suspension.
3 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
PackLandVA
All-Star
Posts: 2397
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:42 pm
Location: Still loving the Cubs, despite the hot takes on this board lately!
x 426
x 474

Re: NFL Playoffs

Postby PackLandVA » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:15 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
PackLandVA wrote:I think Edelman being the MVP was an okay choice. Certainly if the award has the go to a single player (though it doesn’t). The NFL would never do it, but I would’ve give it to the Pats entire defense. They basically allowed the Pats to win while only scoring 10 points.

Good thing he’s white or he never would have won coming off PED suspension.


Ray Lewis does not see the point you’re trying to make.
0 x
Sticks the landing!!!

User avatar
BigbadB
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24524
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:38 am
Location: San Diego
x 20
x 131

Re: NFL Playoffs

Postby BigbadB » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:22 pm

The Los Angeles tv market was lower for the SB than the rest of the country.
0 x

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 32437
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:02 am
Location: West Michigan
x 812

Re: NFL Playoffs

Postby Andy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:07 pm

gflore34 wrote:Saw an article on ESPN stating this Super Bowl featured the greatest defensive performance in Super Bowl history, really? What about Super Bowl 20? Here's some of what the Bears did to the Patriots - 123 total net yards, 7 yards rushing, sacked 7 times, 6 TO and it wasn't even that close.

The Rams of 2018 - and football teams in 2018 in general - were a horsefeathers ton more difficult to defend than the '85 Patriots.
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests