Postby itisallpartoftheplan » Wed May 15, 2019 1:15 am

Guessing Bulls want Garland there.
0 x
-The Plan worked!!

The_Achiever
All-Star

Re: Chicago Bulls offseason

Postby The_Achiever » Wed May 15, 2019 1:19 am

What a disaster. I guess this organization doesn’t deserve good things so whatever.

At least the knicks and laker fans are disappointed too. F GARPAX and F jerry reinsdorf.
0 x

ChiCubsFan
All-Star

Postby ChiCubsFan » Wed May 15, 2019 1:20 am

Garland would be a good fit next to Zach. Too bad he’ll be gone.
0 x
ChiCubsFan-Mark

Ski wrote:"If you don't commit suicide if the Cubs lose in the first round, you're not a Cubs fan."

Thurman Merman
Starter

Postby Thurman Merman » Wed May 15, 2019 1:23 am

Yeah, garland probably doesn't make it past Phoenix. I would love to see them trade this and next year's first to get the second pick, but short of that, just don't draft Barrett.
0 x

NOLA
All-Star

Postby NOLA » Wed May 15, 2019 1:25 am

UMFan83 wrote:Could see NO taking Zion and then trading AD to Knicks for 3rd pick, Knox and maybe a future pick and then take Barrett

This is the perfect scenario.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed May 15, 2019 1:59 am

1 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Postby 17 Seconds » Wed May 15, 2019 2:05 am

my interest in the bulls just plummeted again
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed May 15, 2019 2:17 am

You are guys are pretty cruel for wanting the Bulls to get their murderous fingers on good players.
0 x

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Wed May 15, 2019 11:51 am

I disagree about the Bulls being considered "boring" here, but most of the teams seem to be in the right place. I would place the Pelicans in the "undeserved" circle.

Maybe add another circle for "incompetent" too.
0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed May 15, 2019 12:29 pm

Regular Show wrote:
I disagree about the Bulls being considered "boring" here, but most of the teams seem to be in the right place. I would place the Pelicans in the "undeserved" circle.

Maybe add another circle for "incompetent" too.

Bulls definitely belong in both until they finally upend the FO.
0 x

gflore34
All-Star

Postby gflore34 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:49 pm

Worst possible outcome for the Bulls, now what? Trade down for multiple picks?
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:24 pm

gflore34 wrote:Worst possible outcome for the Bulls, now what? Trade down for multiple picks?

I don't know what good multiple picks is going to do.

Take the highest ceiling player at 7. Sign Darren Collison. Trade Dunn for a future 2nd. Try and make the playoffs and hope you hit a lotto ticket at 7.
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Wed May 15, 2019 1:31 pm

gflore34 wrote:Worst possible outcome for the Bulls, now what? Trade down for multiple picks?

See what Memphis wants for Conley or hope Reddish is there.

I can't wait for them to draft a player based on how well they get back on defense.
0 x

gflore34
All-Star

Postby gflore34 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:42 pm

UK wrote:

I can't wait for them to draft a player based on how well they get back on defense.

They're going to end up drafting Rui Hachimura whom, I believe, is ovverated, that'll be the cherry on top of the whole useless 2018-2019 tank.
0 x

Thed Hoyerstein
All-Star

Postby Thed Hoyerstein » Wed May 15, 2019 1:45 pm

gflore34 wrote:
UK wrote:

They're going to end up drafting Rui Hachimura whom, I believe, is ovverated, that'll be the cherry on top of the whole useless franchise.

fixed that for you
0 x
“So my threshold is: ‘Is this a noodle?’”

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:56 pm

FWIW (nothing) its actually the 2nd worst possible outcome, although the chances of 4 teams jumping the Bulls rather than just 3 was pretty tiny. 7th pick was actually the 2nd most likely pick for the Bulls to have ended up with statistically (after the 6th pick)
0 x
Win it for Fred

PosterToBeNamedLater
Starter

Postby PosterToBeNamedLater » Wed May 15, 2019 2:48 pm

UMFan83 wrote:

FWIW (nothing) its actually the 2nd worst possible outcome, although the chances of 4 teams jumping the Bulls rather than just 3 was pretty tiny. 7th pick was actually the 2nd most likely pick for the Bulls to have ended up with statistically (after the 6th pick)

8 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Wed May 15, 2019 2:57 pm

NOLA wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:Could see NO taking Zion and then trading AD to Knicks for 3rd pick, Knox and maybe a future pick and then take Barrett

Yeah, this is exactly what I told a friend of mine last night. If anything, Zion makes Davis want out more. He'll be 2nd fiddle to a rookie (not on the court necessarily, but popularity wise for sure). And their styles of play don't really mesh well together. I'm not sure how the hell the NBA works with trades and salaries needing to match sometimes or whatever. So, I don't know if some kind of sign and trade type thing can be done with Deandre Jordan (only salary that matches up w/ AD) who is a FA.

But yeah, AD to the Knicks who then lure Kyrie, and NOLA starts over with Zion, Barrett, Knox, Jordan, Jrue (if they can't trade him). Makings of a fun young team. Won't do much in the West, but a very watchable squad that will still likely have other multiple 1sts to add to them in the near future.

Lakers still make sense too. Still have that same package to offer as last year, but now with the 4th pick to add to it. NOLA doesn't need a star player in return anymore, because they will have their building block. Probably can't get Barrett at 4, but have their pick of Culver/Garland/White who would all be great fits there. Still could trade Jrue too.
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Wed May 15, 2019 3:00 pm

Oh and the Bulls are 100% taking Hachimura.
0 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Wed May 15, 2019 3:09 pm

give me Bol Bol
0 x

NOLA
All-Star

Postby NOLA » Wed May 15, 2019 3:19 pm

rawaction wrote:
NOLA wrote:

Yeah, this is exactly what I told a friend of mine last night. If anything, Zion makes Davis want out more. He'll be 2nd fiddle to a rookie (not on the court necessarily, but popularity wise for sure). And their styles of play don't really mesh well together. I'm not sure how the hell the NBA works with trades and salaries needing to match sometimes or whatever. So, I don't know if some kind of sign and trade type thing can be done with Deandre Jordan (only salary that matches up w/ AD) who is a FA.

But yeah, AD to the Knicks who then lure Kyrie, and NOLA starts over with Zion, Barrett, Knox, Jordan, Jrue (if they can't trade him). Makings of a fun young team. Won't do much in the West, but a very watchable squad that will still likely have other multiple 1sts to add to them in the near future.

Lakers still make sense too. Still have that same package to offer as last year, but now with the 4th pick to add to it. NOLA doesn't need a star player in return anymore, because they will have their building block. Probably can't get Barrett at 4, but have their pick of Culver/Garland/White who would all be great fits there. Still could trade Jrue too.

All of this is plausible. I still think the Lakers are the least desiable trade partner, even with the 4th pick. Let's say that AD to the Knicks happens. The rumor pre-lottery was AD for the #1 pick that didn't materialize, Knox and Robinson. If the return was still those players, the #3 pick plus a future pick, the roster next season could look like this:
Zion
Knox
Barrett
Robinson
Jahlil Okafor
Jru Holiday (or trade him to Lakers for rights to Garland)
Elfrid Payton
...etc

That's an exciting young team.
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Wed May 15, 2019 3:25 pm

NOLA wrote:
rawaction wrote:
NOLA wrote:This is the perfect scenario.

All of this is plausible. I still think the Lakers are the least desiable trade partner, even with the 4th pick. Let's say that AD to the Knicks happens. The rumor pre-lottery was AD for the #1 pick that didn't materialize, Knox and Robinson. If the return was still those players, the #3 pick plus a future pick, the roster next season could look like this:
Zion
Knox
Barrett
Robinson
Jahlil Okafor
Jru Holiday (or trade him to Lakers for rights to Garland)
Elfrid Payton
...etc

That's an exciting young team.

Yeah, Knicks are a lot more desirable if I'm the Pelicans. Get more upside, salary relief, and get much younger than the package from LA. Lakers only have a shot if Davis refuses to play for anyone else.
0 x

NOLA
All-Star

Postby NOLA » Wed May 15, 2019 3:40 pm

AD's desired landing spots are the Knicks, Clippers, Lakers and Milwaukee. He'd go to NY.
0 x

Flames24Rulz
Hall of Fame

Postby Flames24Rulz » Wed May 15, 2019 3:41 pm

burn this franchise to the ground right now
0 x

gflore34
All-Star

Postby gflore34 » Wed May 15, 2019 4:37 pm

rawaction wrote:Oh and the Bulls are 100% taking Hachimura.

It's just too perfect for them not to take Hachimura, he'll fit nicely with Hucthinson and Valentine. All three of them are the same player.
0 x

Return to “Other Sports”