Week 2 - Chicago Bears @ Denver Broncos - Sunday 9/15 at 3:25 on FOX

User avatar
BigbadB
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24587
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:38 am
Location: San Diego
x 21
x 148

Re: Week 2 - Chicago Bears @ Denver Broncos - Sunday 9/15 at 3:25 on FOX

Postby BigbadB » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:39 pm

I didn't get to watch this past Bears game live, so I had to watch the repeat later on NFL Game Pass. I have to say that Mark Schlereth and Dick Stockton are now my favorite broadcasting team. Schlereth was amazingly knowledged on everything both offenses were doing wrong in that game, and he did a great job conveying that to the listener/viewer.
0 x

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61532
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 8923
x 5231

Re: Week 2 - Chicago Bears @ Denver Broncos - Sunday 9/15 at 3:25 on FOX

Postby David » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:46 pm

BigbadB wrote:I didn't get to watch this past Bears game live, so I had to watch the repeat later on NFL Game Pass. I have to say that Mark Schlereth and Dick Stockton are now my favorite broadcasting team. Schlereth was amazingly knowledged on everything both offenses were doing wrong in that game, and he did a great job conveying that to the listener/viewer.


did someone forget to tell me it's opposite day
1 x

User avatar
SouthSideRyan
is ELL
Posts: 49854
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:08 am
Location: South Loop
x 671
x 1757

Re: Week 2 - Chicago Bears @ Denver Broncos - Sunday 9/15 at 3:25 on FOX

Postby SouthSideRyan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:01 pm

BigbadB wrote:I didn't get to watch this past Bears game live, so I had to watch the repeat later on NFL Game Pass. I have to say that Mark Schlereth and Dick Stockton are now my favorite broadcasting team. Schlereth was amazingly knowledged on everything both offenses were doing wrong in that game, and he did a great job conveying that to the listener/viewer.


Holy horsefeathers
2 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

User avatar
BigbadB
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24587
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:38 am
Location: San Diego
x 21
x 148

Re: Week 2 - Chicago Bears @ Denver Broncos - Sunday 9/15 at 3:25 on FOX

Postby BigbadB » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:49 pm

SouthSideRyan wrote:
BigbadB wrote:I didn't get to watch this past Bears game live, so I had to watch the repeat later on NFL Game Pass. I have to say that Mark Schlereth and Dick Stockton are now my favorite broadcasting team. Schlereth was amazingly knowledged on everything both offenses were doing wrong in that game, and he did a great job conveying that to the listener/viewer.


Holy horsefeathers


NFL favorites. There aren't exactly a whole lot of decent broadcast teams to pick from.
0 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 34779
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 942
x 6365

Re: Week 2 - Chicago Bears @ Denver Broncos - Sunday 9/15 at 3:25 on FOX

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:28 pm

BigbadB wrote:
SouthSideRyan wrote:
BigbadB wrote:I didn't get to watch this past Bears game live, so I had to watch the repeat later on NFL Game Pass. I have to say that Mark Schlereth and Dick Stockton are now my favorite broadcasting team. Schlereth was amazingly knowledged on everything both offenses were doing wrong in that game, and he did a great job conveying that to the listener/viewer.


Holy horsefeathers


NFL favorites. There aren't exactly a whole lot of decent broadcast teams to pick from.

True. But I'd probably put Stockton and Schlereth at or near the very bottom.
1 x
Image

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 79318
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 3074
x 4936
Contact:

Re: Week 2 - Chicago Bears @ Denver Broncos - Sunday 9/15 at 3:25 on FOX

Postby UMFan83 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:29 pm

I can't read the article because its a paid one, but Hub is making the argument that the Bears gameplan on Sunday was not designed to limit Mitch or because they didn't have faith in him, that it was to survive winning in Denver in September. That's where the article gets cut off but I'm assuming that the reasoning has to do with high altitude + heat.

Interestingly enough, prior to last week the Broncos had won their previous 13 home games in the month of September, the last loss being in 2012 against the Texans. Guess we will see how valid this is next Monday.
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 70684
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1283
x 2631

Re: Week 2 - Chicago Bears @ Denver Broncos - Sunday 9/15 at 3:25 on FOX

Postby Derwood » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:33 pm

Dick Stockton doesn’t know what planet he’s on.
2 x

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61532
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 8923
x 5231

Re: Week 2 - Chicago Bears @ Denver Broncos - Sunday 9/15 at 3:25 on FOX

Postby David » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:42 pm

Derwood wrote:Dick Stockton doesn’t know what planet he’s on.


i honestly can't believe he's still employed. i remember thinking that 12 years ago when he was talking about rodrigo ramirez and adolfo soriano in the cubs/dbacks playoff series.
0 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 17623
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: THE HONORABLE JUDGE PRICK
x 1600
x 763

Re: Week 2 - Chicago Bears @ Denver Broncos - Sunday 9/15 at 3:25 on FOX

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:54 pm

UMFan83 wrote:....
Interestingly enough, prior to last week the Broncos had won their previous 13 home games in the month of September, the last loss being in 2012 against the Texans. Guess we will see how valid this is next Monday.


yes, this is right. winning in Denver in Sept lately has been impossible given the team they had and considering they have been a team that starts the season hot. I wonder how much of us winning was Denver on the dive or us being good. Either way, I'll take the win
0 x
Image

User avatar
ConstableRabbit
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8661
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Heavenston
x 1247
x 843

Re: Week 2 - Chicago Bears @ Denver Broncos - Sunday 9/15 at 3:25 on FOX

Postby ConstableRabbit » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:22 am

David wrote:
Derwood wrote:Dick Stockton doesn’t know what planet he’s on.


i honestly can't believe he's still employed. i remember thinking that 12 years ago when he was talking about rodrigo ramirez and adolfo soriano in the cubs/dbacks playoff series.

He called Aramis “Lee” three times in a row in the horsefeathering playoffs against Arizona.
0 x
During a "Not For Women Only" panel discussion, former Cubs pitcher Mike Bielecki asked several players to invent a baseball catch phrase for Viagra. Theriot's ad campaign: "Viagra -- I always play hard."

User avatar
SouthSideRyan
is ELL
Posts: 49854
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:08 am
Location: South Loop
x 671
x 1757

Re: Week 2 - Chicago Bears @ Denver Broncos - Sunday 9/15 at 3:25 on FOX

Postby SouthSideRyan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:28 am

ConstableRabbit wrote:
David wrote:
Derwood wrote:Dick Stockton doesn’t know what planet he’s on.


i honestly can't believe he's still employed. i remember thinking that 12 years ago when he was talking about rodrigo ramirez and adolfo soriano in the cubs/dbacks playoff series.

He called Aramis “Lee” three times in a row in the horsefeathering playoffs against Arizona.


Carlos Lee? Who we acquired from the Rangers?
0 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

User avatar
BigbadB
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24587
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:38 am
Location: San Diego
x 21
x 148

Re: Week 2 - Chicago Bears @ Denver Broncos - Sunday 9/15 at 3:25 on FOX

Postby BigbadB » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:29 pm

I did say "team", so I'm guilty of including Stockton. It's Schlereth that impressed me.
0 x


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests