Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 13012
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1933
x 1019

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:22 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:We got a real good chance at another high lottery pick.

#7 pick here we come

(no I can't keep my underwhelmhing Chicago sports teams straight)
0 x
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61070
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3046
x 10661

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:15 pm



I took issue with the idea that this Blackhawks team is significantly better than their start to the season suggests. They’ve been bad for a while and re essentially the same team, only older and with different bottom rung guys.

Some people took issue but the worst part is suddenly jamfan responding repeatedly.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

biittner77
Superstar
Posts: 10697
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:10 am
Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore
x 16
x 248

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby biittner77 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:38 pm

By my quick count, there 10 new players if you count Shaw. The bottom rung guys are younger, sort of, but not really. They are giving regular PT to 4 rookies. That being said, so what? Colliton needs to go.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61070
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3046
x 10661

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:47 pm

I watched about half of last night's game, it was pretty wild.

They had their 2nd consecutive regulation win, which is kind of a big deal for them. And now they've sent down Boqvist to make space for Connor Murphy.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 79362
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 3082
x 4950
Contact:

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby UMFan83 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:36 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:I watched about half of last night's game, it was pretty wild.

They had their 2nd consecutive regulation win, which is kind of a big deal for them. And now they've sent down Boqvist to make space for Connor Murphy.


I wonder how long they can keep winning while getting outshot by 10+ SOG
0 x
Win it for Fred

biittner77
Superstar
Posts: 10697
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:10 am
Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore
x 16
x 248

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby biittner77 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:48 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:I watched about half of last night's game, it was pretty wild.

They had their 2nd consecutive regulation win, which is kind of a big deal for them. And now they've sent down Boqvist to make space for Connor Murphy.


That game was fun. I didn't make it past the first period but they packed a game's worth of action into 20 minutes.

Sending down Boqvist until they can trade Gustafson makes sense since Colliton is trying to save his job and isn't going to care about developing players.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

squally1313
All-Star
Posts: 3980
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 pm
x 1243
x 1439

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby squally1313 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:19 pm

biittner77 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:I watched about half of last night's game, it was pretty wild.

They had their 2nd consecutive regulation win, which is kind of a big deal for them. And now they've sent down Boqvist to make space for Connor Murphy.


That game was fun. I didn't make it past the first period but they packed a game's worth of action into 20 minutes.

Sending down Boqvist until they can trade Gustafson makes sense since Colliton is trying to save his job and isn't going to care about developing players.


It's a lose lose situation. Playing Seabrook over Boqvist makes the team worse, which doesn't help him trying to save his job. Benching Seabrook and risking losing the locker room also doesn't help him save his job. Then again, this whole thing could have been avoided if we didn't trade for Olli Maatta, who is bad and has a bad contract.
0 x

User avatar
BigbadB
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24604
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:38 am
Location: San Diego
x 21
x 153

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby BigbadB » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:16 pm

I'm excited. I am going to my first Blackhawks game the day after Thanksgiving. Hopefully they can keep this winning streak going. Blows me away that Kirby Dach is 18 years old.
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61070
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3046
x 10661

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:37 pm

BigbadB wrote:I'm excited. I am going to my first Blackhawks game the day after Thanksgiving. Hopefully they can keep this winning streak going. Blows me away that Kirby Dach is 18 years old.

Have fun. That's a first night of a bizarre home/home matchup with Colorado. My first game this year will be on the 2nd of a back to back nights, in New Jersey.

Hockey people will tell you the game is different before the holidays. Can be more sloppy, but still plenty of fun.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame
Posts: 23492
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am
x 892
x 1886

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby 17 Seconds » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:27 am

look at kirby go
2 x

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 45415
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:02 pm
Location: Naperville, IL
x 80
x 2597
Contact:

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby Tim » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:15 am

Holy crap, hawks
2 x
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
Flames24Rulz
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22352
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:37 pm
Location: Rockford, IL
x 282
x 57
Contact:

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby Flames24Rulz » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:24 pm

hey, they've been fun and good lately! i still don't trust the defense, but the offense & goaltending have been obviously excellent in this run.
0 x

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 79362
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 3082
x 4950
Contact:

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:39 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:hey, they've been fun and good lately! i still don't trust the defense, but the offense & goaltending have been obviously excellent in this run.


Yeah it concerns me that they seem to get outshot every game, and in many cases by a lot. But if the excelling goaltending is sustainable then they might be a playoff team.
0 x
Win it for Fred

squally1313
All-Star
Posts: 3980
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 pm
x 1243
x 1439

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby squally1313 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:50 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
Flames24Rulz wrote:hey, they've been fun and good lately! i still don't trust the defense, but the offense & goaltending have been obviously excellent in this run.


Yeah it concerns me that they seem to get outshot every game, and in many cases by a lot. But if the excelling goaltending is sustainable then they might be a playoff team.


Saw an article today talking about this. Their PDO is the second highest in hockey...PDO is basically just shooting percentage plus save percentage, with the theory that it should normalize at about 1.000. Basically a BABIP concept. So obviously with that you'd expect the luck to turn around and them go back to being bad. The theory of the article was that this team was built to beat/outperform PDO. Elite goaltending duo, a handful of guys who generally shoot above the league average that account for most of their SOGs. Probably more hopeful than anything else, but an interesting concept.
1 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 17705
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: THE HONORABLE JUDGE PRICK
x 1647
x 777

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:59 pm

squally1313 wrote:.....Elite goaltending duo.....



say wut
0 x
Image

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 45415
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:02 pm
Location: Naperville, IL
x 80
x 2597
Contact:

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby Tim » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:57 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
squally1313 wrote:.....Elite goaltending duo.....



say wut

What's your question? That's a pretty elite duo.
0 x
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 17705
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: THE HONORABLE JUDGE PRICK
x 1647
x 777

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:04 pm

its just....so new to have an elite gt duo
0 x
Image

biittner77
Superstar
Posts: 10697
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:10 am
Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore
x 16
x 248

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby biittner77 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:06 pm

If you're scoring goals with the line up you have, why make a change like going with 7 defensemen? I guess it could vaguely maybe make sense in some sort of "show the boys that I'll sabotage our chances to win to make a point" sort of way. Maybe Colliton just watched that scene from Hoosiers where they play with 4 because Gene Hackman wants to send a message to that player. OK. But no one on any NHL roster should be benched in favor of Slater Koekkuk. Fire Colliton.
1 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

squally1313
All-Star
Posts: 3980
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 pm
x 1243
x 1439

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby squally1313 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:01 pm

biittner77 wrote:If you're scoring goals with the line up you have, why make a change like going with 7 defensemen? I guess it could vaguely maybe make sense in some sort of "show the boys that I'll sabotage our chances to win to make a point" sort of way. Maybe Colliton just watched that scene from Hoosiers where they play with 4 because Gene Hackman wants to send a message to that player. OK. But no one on any NHL roster should be benched in favor of Slater Koekkuk. Fire Colliton.


Toews basically threw him under the bus after the game too. There's been rumors about Keith tuning this guy out for a while, and Seabrook obviously has his issues (although with him, who really cares at this point)...Toews coming out and saying something seems like another step in the wrong direction for Colliton.
0 x

biittner77
Superstar
Posts: 10697
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:10 am
Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore
x 16
x 248

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby biittner77 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:38 pm

Jonathan Toews did not seem particularly happy about the Hawks deciding to only dress 11 forwards.

“I mean, things were going pretty good with four lines and the lineup that we had. You’ll have to ask the coaches on that one.”


Yeah, that's all of the core that have publicly complained about Colliton.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

squally1313
All-Star
Posts: 3980
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 pm
x 1243
x 1439

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby squally1313 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:50 pm

biittner77 wrote:
Jonathan Toews did not seem particularly happy about the Hawks deciding to only dress 11 forwards.

“I mean, things were going pretty good with four lines and the lineup that we had. You’ll have to ask the coaches on that one.”


Yeah, that's all of the core that have publicly complained about Colliton.


I don't remember Kane saying anything specifically directed at Colliton, or anything past 'yeah, it hasn't been fun around here'. But Kane never really struck me as the type to care too much about coaching, and Colliton seems to letting Kane do whatever he wants, so not sure it means much.
0 x

biittner77
Superstar
Posts: 10697
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:10 am
Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore
x 16
x 248

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby biittner77 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:29 pm

squally1313 wrote:
biittner77 wrote:
Jonathan Toews did not seem particularly happy about the Hawks deciding to only dress 11 forwards.

“I mean, things were going pretty good with four lines and the lineup that we had. You’ll have to ask the coaches on that one.”


Yeah, that's all of the core that have publicly complained about Colliton.


I don't remember Kane saying anything specifically directed at Colliton, or anything past 'yeah, it hasn't been fun around here'. But Kane never really struck me as the type to care too much about coaching, and Colliton seems to letting Kane do whatever he wants, so not sure it means much.


Fair point. But Kane and Crawford I think are both not really happy with the way things are being run but haven't reached the point where they've lashed out. Crawford, I would guess, isn't thrilled with splitting time with Lehner. Kane spent all summer working with DeBrincat and Strome but Colliton has been really reluctant to put them on the same line and only did so grudgingly because they were desperate for some offense. I can't really blame Colliton since that line isn't going to play much defense but it's still better than all the other alternatives he's tried.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61070
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3046
x 10661

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:39 pm

biittner77 wrote: Crawford, I would guess, isn't thrilled with splitting time with Lehner.


Crawford doesn't have much of a leg to stand on if that's his complaint.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 13012
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1933
x 1019

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:02 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
biittner77 wrote: Crawford, I would guess, isn't thrilled with splitting time with Lehner.


Crawford doesn't have much of a leg to stand on if that's his complaint.

I thought it was upper body injuries.
0 x
Image

biittner77
Superstar
Posts: 10697
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:10 am
Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore
x 16
x 248

Re: Blackhawks 2019-2020 - A New Window

Postby biittner77 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:53 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
biittner77 wrote: Crawford, I would guess, isn't thrilled with splitting time with Lehner.


Crawford doesn't have much of a leg to stand on if that's his complaint.


Neither did Seabrook but it's only human nature to think that past performance should count for something. In Crawford's case, he's been better recently after a rough start.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests