Week 5: Bears at Raiders in London (noon on Fox)

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Week 5: Bears at Raiders in London (noon on Fox)

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:53 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:Everyone said the Mack move was premature, but we trusted Pace.

Everyone > Pace

Even though the Bears never should have traded for Mack when they did he is playing well and the reason the Bears are 3-1 and still in contention for the division title despite a completely incompetent offense. He is also the reason the Bears are 5.5 favorites this week.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: Week 5: Bears at Raiders in London (noon on Fox)

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:12 pm

Speaking of the garbage team that prematurely traded Khalil Mack to the Bears

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:45 pm

Couldn't the Bears get Case Keenum on the cheap from Washington? Rumors are that they may start Colt McCoy this week, and that puts Haskins back in the role of learning the NFL game where he probably should be. I don't think I would hate that deal, depending on what it would cost. Do the Bears really go with Daniel/Bray for the length of time Trubisky might be out?

Maybe they do because Daniel didn't do anything to hurt himself in the Vikings game.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:51 pm

Could Keenum run this offense?
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:51 pm

BigbadB wrote:Couldn't the Bears get Case Keenum on the cheap from Washington? Rumors are that they may start Colt McCoy this week, and that puts Haskins back in the role of learning the NFL game where he probably should be. I don't think I would hate that deal, depending on what it would cost. Do the Bears really go with Daniel/Bray for the length of time Trubisky might be out?

Maybe they do because Daniel didn't do anything to hurt himself in the Vikings game.

Why would they want Case Keenum?
1 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:11 pm

This obviously only going off watching video but this guy seems to think he should be able to go after the bye

0 x

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:12 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Hairyducked Idiot wrote:Everyone said the Mack move was premature, but we trusted Pace.

Everyone > Pace

Even though the Bears never should have traded for Mack when they did he is playing well and the reason the Bears are 3-1 and still in contention for the division title despite a completely incompetent offense. He is also the reason the Bears are 5.5 favorites this week.

Yep. And after we go 11-5 and get bounced in the divisional round by some team that can actually put together three scores in a game, we can start trying to find our next QB with our first-rou...oh.

I'm not sorry we made the trade, but there is some point to the criticism. He's a monster, but a monster that doesn't get you over the top. Then again, that's because Trubisky is a bust and he was a bust either way, so it probably doesn't matter. Eat at Arby's.
0 x

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:18 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
BigbadB wrote:Couldn't the Bears get Case Keenum on the cheap from Washington? Rumors are that they may start Colt McCoy this week, and that puts Haskins back in the role of learning the NFL game where he probably should be. I don't think I would hate that deal, depending on what it would cost. Do the Bears really go with Daniel/Bray for the length of time Trubisky might be out?

Why would they want Case Keenum?

I'd put Keenum on the short list of potential replacements that are likely better than Daniel or Trubisky.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:33 pm

0 x

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:36 pm

BigbadB wrote:[
I'd put Keenum on the short list of potential replacements that are likely better than Daniel or Trubisky.

Or the guy who has been blackballed by the league
1 x

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:10 pm

I'm must be drunk or dreaming. Are people actually saying we should NOT have traded for Khalil Mack and also that we should look at trading for Case horsefeathering Keenum?
2 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:14 pm

Old Style wrote:I'm must be drunk or dreaming. Are people actually saying we should NOT have traded for Khalil Mack

Specifically Kyle and his mythological "everyone"
1 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:35 pm

Uhoh...That doesn't sound good at all. Kinda worse than if he had, in fact, pulled a Lance Briggs. Hope everything is OK.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:06 pm

0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:15 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1178717295759237120?s=21

Is that good or bad news?
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:32 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1178717295759237120?s=21

probably
5 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:39 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:

the fact that I've seen literally no concern or worry about the status of Trubisky's injury is all you need to know about how Bears fans generally feel about him these days. I actually forgot about the injury until I saw that tweet just now.

I'd rather have him play than not play, but it's not like you are going from Rodgers to Brett Hundley here.
0 x
Win it for Fred

Forgotmyoldlogin
Starter

Postby Forgotmyoldlogin » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:18 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

the fact that I've seen literally no concern or worry about the status of Trubisky's injury is all you need to know about how Bears fans generally feel about him these days. I actually forgot about the injury until I saw that tweet just now.

I'd rather have him play than not play, but it's not like you are going from Rodgers to Brett Hundley here.

I was watching the game at a bar yesterday. When Mitch left there was almost no concern.
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:46 pm

This game is a trap. This is basically the Giants game from last year, all over again. Raiders are bad, but are pretty decent running the ball (just like the Giants last year). They've gotten off to a fast start (double digit early lead) in 3 of their 4 games so far. Their defense stinks, and will be worse without Burfict, but the Bears don't have the offense to do anything about it. And if they get out to a 10 or 14 point lead early, the Bears may be playing catch-up all day.

Granted, I know this defense doesn't even give up 14 per game, but they can only win games by themselves for so long. We saw them give up points last year vs. NE, Miami, and the aforementioned Giants. There will be a couple lapses this year. Just the nature of being a defense heavy team. And with Smith, Hicks, and Nichols' statuses up in the air still, you can't really expect the defense to completely dismantle even a bad team, while playing overseas and potentially missing multiple starters again.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:59 pm

rawaction wrote:This game is a trap. This is basically the Giants game from last year, all over again. Raiders are bad, but are pretty decent running the ball (just like the Giants last year). They've gotten off to a fast start (double digit early lead) in 3 of their 4 games so far. Their defense stinks, and will be worse without Burfict, but the Bears don't have the offense to do anything about it. And if they get out to a 10 or 14 point lead early, the Bears may be playing catch-up all day.

Granted, I know this defense doesn't even give up 14 per game, but they can only win games by themselves for so long. We saw them give up points last year vs. NE, Miami, and the aforementioned Giants. There will be a couple lapses this year. Just the nature of being a defense heavy team. And with Smith, Hicks, and Nichols' statuses up in the air still, you can't really expect the defense to completely dismantle even a bad team, while playing overseas and potentially missing multiple starters again.

the vikings ran the ball better then anyone this year until yestderday. Translation: Eddie Goldman.
1 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:08 pm

rawaction wrote:This game is a trap. This is basically the Giants game from last year, all over again. Raiders are bad, but are pretty decent running the ball (just like the Giants last year). They've gotten off to a fast start (double digit early lead) in 3 of their 4 games so far. Their defense stinks, and will be worse without Burfict, but the Bears don't have the offense to do anything about it. And if they get out to a 10 or 14 point lead early, the Bears may be playing catch-up all day.

yup, very scary. Hopefully they learned something from the Giants debacle last year, but another concern is that everybody will focus on Mack getting his revenge. NFL games like to go off script. I'm very scared of a full Chase Daniel game.
0 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:27 pm

2 x

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:06 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:

yup, very scary. Hopefully they learned something from the Giants debacle last year, but another concern is that everybody will focus on Mack getting his revenge. NFL games like to go off script. I'm very scared of a full Chase Daniel game.

Does Mack really need revenge, though? He was traded to a much better situation and he got his big payday. He is probably thankful. With that said, I'm sure Derek Carr will be running for his life. I'd guess Roquan, Hicks and Nichols all suit up. If Roquan doesn't play on Sunday, they won't be able to continue hiding this "personal issue" story any longer. It will become too much of a distraction, and that is something the team could do without right now.
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:11 pm

BigbadB wrote:Does Mack really need revenge, though? He was traded to a much better situation and he got his big payday. He is probably thankful.

That doesn't really change the fact that he probably feels slighted/rejected and wants to show Gruden what a moron he is.

“Yes sir, yes sir,” Mack said. “I’ve been looking forward to it. This is one I’ve been looking forward to. I can’t lie to you, man; I’ve got to let you know how it is. It’s going to be a big one.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/bears-khalil-m ... 37875.html
0 x

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:25 pm

BigbadB wrote: If Roquan doesn't play on Sunday, they won't be able to continue hiding this "personal issue" story any longer. It will become too much of a distraction, and that is something the team could do without right now.

HIPAA

And I doubt Roquan will make the trip.
1 x

Return to “Other Sports”