Lions at Bears Sunday at noon on CBS

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: Lions at Bears Sunday at noon on CBS

Postby UMFan83 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:45 pm

If you were seriously still considering a run to the playoffs, the next 3 weeks are critical. Next week they travel to LA for the first time since 1994 to play the Rams who are formidable but maybe more winnable than it appeared before the season. After that, our 2 most winnable games the rest of the season (vs Giants, @ Detroit on Thanksgiving). Bears probably need to win all 3 of the games to have a shot considering after that is the Dallas, @ GB, KC, @ Min gauntlet to finish the year

I fully realize they aren’t making the playoffs but have to keep talking about it if they are going to still hang around the border of contention
0 x
Win it for Fred

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:56 pm

Unfort. the wrong message will be processed after this game. It should be how valuable the QB position is that in only 3 good drives all game it can sway an outcome. Rather they'll use it as a glimmer of hope for a bad QB saving jobs.
0 x
"It was kind of weird to look in the mirror the first time I tried my hat on." - Mark Bellhorn

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:02 pm

UK wrote:Unfort. the wrong message will be processed after this game. It should be how valuable the QB position is that in only 3 good drives all game it can sway an outcome. Rather they'll use it as a glimmer of hope for a bad QB saving jobs.

The message I got is that when the rest of the talent on offense is relatively matched to the defense they're playing, the QB can produce.
0 x

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:03 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
Hairyducked Idiot wrote:I think that's a pretty good measuring stick on where we are.

They're good enough to beat one of the NFC's worst teams, at home, starting their backup QB. Trubisky is good enough to have moderate success against a bad defense. The defense can still hold down bad offenses, with the occasional blip.

Moderate success is basically having 10 competent minutes of offense surrounded by 50 minutes of garbage

I honestly thought he was reasonable in the first half even before that point. Burton's pointless jump, Gabriel's awful drop cost him 35 yards and the chance to continue two drives.
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:05 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
I fully realize they aren’t making the playoffs but have to keep talking about it if they are going to still hang around the border of contention

You don't have to, you want to.

The interior line played better with the switch, luckily they did since both tackles were trash.
0 x
"It was kind of weird to look in the mirror the first time I tried my hat on." - Mark Bellhorn

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:19 pm

UK wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:

The interior line played better with the switch, luckily they did since both tackles were trash.

They definitely blocked better, but there were a lot of bad snaps. Probably worth it, though.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:24 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:
UK wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:

They definitely blocked better, but there were a lot of bad snaps. Probably worth it, though.

Basically the Bears probably need at least 2 new lineman next year. It would also be great to experiment with Bars and/or Coward on the outside and see if there's any chance there for one of them.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:05 am

0 x
Win it for Fred

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:53 am

Mack has 1 sack in his last 5 games. He's looked ... well I don't wanna say bad. He's still very good. Less than what he was last year is still a helluva football player. But definitely lesser than he was last year.
0 x

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:23 pm

The drives that produced points is what I have been waiting for all season long. Purposely looking downfield and actually hitting the open man can subdue a defense in a hurry. And after they started hitting guys downfield, the running game looked better, the Bears defense looked more alive. And then they appeared to go back to turtle shelling for the rest of the game. That's not how an Andy Reid style offense is supposed to run. You don't have a lead big enough to just sit on the ball with that much time left on the clock. Continue doing what's working you morons! Mitch appeared to be getting some confidence going and then the offensive (pun intended) play calling went completely conservative. Detroit was only a play or two away from actually making it a tie game because this coaching staff refuses to grow a pair. I do agree that they are going to look back on this as a huge development going forward, but the baby steps can't be any smaller. There was a perfect opportunity on 2nd and 7 to throw for the first down and lock up the game for good. Forcing Detroit to use a time out on a meaningless running play that Detroit was playing for was just playing into Detroit's hands. They didn't need that time out with the amount of time that was still on the clock. And sure enough, they damn near scored on that last drive without it. JUST GROW A PAIR ALREADY! If you throw the ball there and get a fresh set of downs, you can almost end the game taking a knee if that's what you want to do.

I'm not sure how many coaches go from Coach of the Year to fired the very next season, but Nagy is just not getting it done and i worry that he isn't coach material.
0 x

Return to “Other Sports”