Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61556
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 8965
x 5251

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby David » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:50 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:Thanks for the trip back. I'm pretty happy with my draft day knee jerk analysis all things considered.

Crazy to read the reviews of Trubisky's strengths of footwork and reading progressions. Nbd, just missed on his biggest weaknesses by calling them his biggest strengths.


Remember that Cian Fahey article that raved about how otherwordly accurate he was too?
0 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 13012
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1933
x 1019

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:09 pm

David wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:Thanks for the trip back. I'm pretty happy with my draft day knee jerk analysis all things considered.

Crazy to read the reviews of Trubisky's strengths of footwork and reading progressions. Nbd, just missed on his biggest weaknesses by calling them his biggest strengths.


Remember that Cian Fahey article that raved about how otherwordly accurate he was too?

Was that the one about how shocked his teammates were at practice whenever he threw an incompletion?

I don't know if I'd rather have it be that Pace and co just whiffed terribly or that there is a literal curse at Halas Hall that destroys QBs.
0 x
Image

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 17705
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: THE HONORABLE JUDGE PRICK
x 1647
x 777

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:21 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:I don't know if I'd rather have it be that Pace and co just whiffed terribly or that there is a literal curse at Halas Hall that destroys QBs.



welp, we all know where sully stands on that one
0 x
Image

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61556
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 8965
x 5251

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby David » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:51 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
David wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:Thanks for the trip back. I'm pretty happy with my draft day knee jerk analysis all things considered.

Crazy to read the reviews of Trubisky's strengths of footwork and reading progressions. Nbd, just missed on his biggest weaknesses by calling them his biggest strengths.


Remember that Cian Fahey article that raved about how otherwordly accurate he was too?

Was that the one about how shocked his teammates were at practice whenever he threw an incompletion?

I don't know if I'd rather have it be that Pace and co just whiffed terribly or that there is a literal curse at Halas Hall that destroys QBs.


I can't remember if that anecdote was in there. It was the one in this post. But the article has been taken down, it looks like.

It was an analysis of Watson and Trubisky before the draft.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1203&p=164877&hilit=presnapreads&sid=92d3bdf714c07736b975b20fb4b900c8#p164877


and there was also this:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1203&p=166013&hilit=accuracy#p166013
0 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 17705
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: THE HONORABLE JUDGE PRICK
x 1647
x 777

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:01 pm

David wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
David wrote:
Remember that Cian Fahey article that raved about how otherwordly accurate he was too?

Was that the one about how shocked his teammates were at practice whenever he threw an incompletion?

I don't know if I'd rather have it be that Pace and co just whiffed terribly or that there is a literal curse at Halas Hall that destroys QBs.


I can't remember if that anecdote was in there. It was the one in this post. But the article has been taken down, it looks like.

It was an analysis of Watson and Trubisky before the draft.

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/forum/ ... c8#p164877


and there was also this:

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/forum/ ... cy#p166013


yes, his accuracy was his biggest asset pre-draft as I recall. But that just makes me wonder how well scouts know this horsefeathers, and why they place one qb's accuracy over the other. The second post suggests "his throws allow covered guys to become uncovered, essentially". what the hell does that even mean? And what was that comment based on?
0 x
Image

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 34549
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: GRIP IT AND RIP IT
x 2037
x 2129

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:16 pm

Trubisky's accuracy is hard to describe because it's not like he's spraying throws with no idea of where they're going. He throws 80% of his balls precisely where he intends to and 20% of them mysteriously miss by five yards. Which obviously isn't acceptable for an NFL quarterback.

But given a better OL, I think you could live with his throws. What kills me is the reads. I'm used to dumb quarterbacks who throw into triple coverage. I've never seen one who can so consistently look right at wide-open receivers who are in his read progression and simply "lol nope" and move on to the dump-off.

I'm gonna post these every week just to be spiteful of the complaints last week, but also because they're fun:



This offense has so many problems. There's now way they fix them all before someone gets fired and we have to rebuild from scratch again.
0 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 17705
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: THE HONORABLE JUDGE PRICK
x 1647
x 777

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:04 am

GRIIP IT AND RIIP IT
0 x
Image

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 34549
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: GRIP IT AND RIP IT
x 2037
x 2129

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:06 am

minnesotacubsfan wrote:GRIIP IT AND RIIP IT


HELLO MODERATORS I WOULD LIKE FOR THIS TO BE THE LITTLE THING UNDER MY AVATAR PLS

Or I guess I can just make it my location.
1 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 70809
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1300
x 2661

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby Derwood » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:27 am

On April 27, 2017 Derwood wrote:
Stannis wrote:Trubisky reminds me of Aaron Rodgers. Watch the tape, watch how he goes through progressions.


Everyone bookmark this post.
4 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7557
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 666
x 689

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby TomtheBombadil » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:39 am

^^^ Easily worth +.020412984102410841204 credibilities and 0 ownups

I actually saw that post earlier, low enough that I looked, and wanted to bump it but knew you would eventually. It's impressive how many people knew to hate that trade immediately
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 13012
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1933
x 1019

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:09 am

TomtheBombadil wrote:^^^ Easily worth +.020412984102410841204 credibilities and 0 ownups

I actually saw that post earlier, low enough that I looked, and wanted to bump it but knew you would eventually. It's impressive how many people knew to hate that trade immediately

I mean, with the success rate of QBs you can just hate every pick and look like you know what you're talking about most of the time. When it's the Bears, you're even safer.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 70809
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1300
x 2661

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby Derwood » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:14 am

I bumped it more to make fun of Sulley being a hump
0 x

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 25925
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 7732
x 5449

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby Cubswin11 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:32 am

Stannis wrote:
Trubisky reminds me of Aaron Rodgers. Watch the tape, watch how he goes through progressions.


Image
2 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 82501
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 13342
x 15796

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:47 am

Derwood wrote:I bumped it more to make fun of Sulley being a hump


Yeah, predicting Trubisky to suck and/or the Bears the botch the whole thing was hardly a stretch; variations of that line of thought was overwhelmingly the consensus from pretty much everyone and everywhere outside of the Bears Bubble and some scattered football weirdos from the moment the debacle hilariously unfolded (like, how could you script such a perfect Bears Move any better? I submit you cannot). Sulley being SO all in, however, will never stop being incredible.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 82501
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 13342
x 15796

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:57 am

Just for kicks, I did a VERY brief glance at the Bears history since the SB started being played. Am I right in seeing only 18 seasons with a record above .500? Out of, what, 55-ish seasons? And 15-ish playoff appearances? Those numbers are downright Browns/Jets-ian. That one SB win is doing a LOT of horsefeathering lifting. When they hell do these guys finally start getting things like the hilarious draft debacle montages they deserve?
0 x

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 34549
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: GRIP IT AND RIP IT
x 2037
x 2129

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:53 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:Just for kicks, I did a VERY brief glance at the Bears history since the SB started being played. Am I right in seeing only 18 seasons with a record above .500? Out of, what, 55-ish seasons? And 15-ish playoff appearances? Those numbers are downright Browns/Jets-ian. That one SB win is doing a LOT of horsefeathering lifting. When they hell do these guys finally start getting things like the hilarious draft debacle montages they deserve?


I get my Bears doom boner jollies looking in other direction right now.

After they cut Kyle Long, they'll have $21m in cap space. Their important UFAs are Clinton-Dix, Treviathon, Kwiatkoski and Daniel. No first-round pick.

That's basically enough cap room to sign their draft picks and replace the guys they're losing, and that's it. And that's assuming they hit on the second-rounders and get guys who can be useful right away. It will cost them all their offseason resources just get back to this turd of a team, except a year older.
0 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 13012
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1933
x 1019

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:07 am

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Just for kicks, I did a VERY brief glance at the Bears history since the SB started being played. Am I right in seeing only 18 seasons with a record above .500? Out of, what, 55-ish seasons? And 15-ish playoff appearances? Those numbers are downright Browns/Jets-ian. That one SB win is doing a LOT of horsefeathering lifting. When they hell do these guys finally start getting things like the hilarious draft debacle montages they deserve?


I get my Bears doom boner jollies looking in other direction right now.

After they cut Kyle Long, they'll have $21m in cap space. Their important UFAs are Clinton-Dix, Treviathon, Kwiatkoski and Daniel. No first-round pick.

That's basically enough cap room to sign their draft picks and replace the guys they're losing, and that's it. And that's assuming they hit on the second-rounders and get guys who can be useful right away. It will cost them all their offseason resources just get back to this turd of a team, except a year older.

2/4 on spelling their UFAs names, not bad.

Also Daniel is not important.

Next time keep it simple though. There's Danny and Ha Ha. Next up is White Nick and Black Nick. Other minor FA include Lynch, Bush, RRH and Coward (latter 2 RFA).
2 x
Image

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 34549
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: GRIP IT AND RIP IT
x 2037
x 2129

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:13 am

Pretttty sure they're gonna try to have a decent backup QB next season.

P sure I'm 3/4 on the names. I know which one I got wrong without looking, Trev, but the rest are right?
1 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 13012
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1933
x 1019

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:17 am

Also re: FA, White Nick has a chance to show he can make Danny expendable. He won't be as good as him, but should be cheaper (along with a decent 3rd ILB who can cover some of the more obvious passing downs). The two games he's seen significant action this year have been promising.

Other cap clearing possibilities:

Gabriel or Patterson could create some space and they aren't utilizing the WR depth they have anyways. On the other hand, they both add speed our WR Corp is otherwise missing.

Prince or Fuller could save space, but you'll probably pay just the same on the open market unless you feel like rolling the dice cheaper. Unlike WR, they haven't done too much development via the draft (just some UDFAs).

There may be also some opportunities for some roster bonus conversion shenanigans.

Oh and it hurts to say, but Floyd hasn't quite shown he deserves 13M and that's only guaranteed for injury.

Sadly Leno, all of 3M savings cutting him provides, might actually be a better use of space.

And finally sending Shaheen packing picks up a sweet 1.2M. That's gotta be like 1/3 of our draft class paid for right there!
0 x
Image

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 34549
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: GRIP IT AND RIP IT
x 2037
x 2129

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:24 am

That's cutting some bone. You *can* do all that stuff, but you're not fielding a championship contending football team as a result. You're downgrading positions to try to salvage other ones.

Other than Shaheen, who is definitely toast.
0 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 13012
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1933
x 1019

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:29 am

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:Pretttty sure they're gonna try to have a decent backup QB next season.

P sure I'm 3/4 on the names. I know which one I got wrong without looking, Trev, but the rest are right?

Damn, you did get White Nick's name right. Still, the little joys like having White Nick and Black Nick make it way more fun then ever having to double check his spelling.

RE, the first point, I believe that would make Daniel insignificant. Personally I'd rather see them go cheap/higher upside route. Maybe Sudfeld from PHI, Cooper Rush (DAL). Hell, even Driskel from DET would be more interesting than Daniel.

Also, it actually seems like there will be some interesting Rd 2 QB names. Hurts, Fromm, Eason could all be day 2 picks that provide varying levels of upside. All different types of QBs which adds to the intrigue. Hurts as th electrifying runner, Eason, your prototypical toolsy QB with a rocket arm. Fromm the experienced, credentialed QB, but with the least physical upside.

Basically I say go as cheap as you can at shoring up the QB spot and double down on "the plan" as it was 18 months ago: putting as many resources as you can into a dominating D and winning on a cheap rookie QB contract. Worst case scenario it blows up and you tanked for Trevor Lawrence. No solace in Chase Daniel saving the Bears from a 13 loss season with a 10 loss season instead.
0 x
Image

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8756
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 240
x 3234

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:30 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:Just for kicks, I did a VERY brief glance at the Bears history since the SB started being played. Am I right in seeing only 18 seasons with a record above .500? Out of, what, 55-ish seasons? And 15-ish playoff appearances? Those numbers are downright Browns/Jets-ian. That one SB win is doing a LOT of horsefeathering lifting. When they hell do these guys finally start getting things like the hilarious draft debacle montages they deserve?


#flagsflyforever


or something
1 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 13012
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1933
x 1019

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:38 am

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:That's cutting some bone. You *can* do all that stuff, but you're not fielding a championship contending football team as a result. You're downgrading positions to try to salvage other ones.

Other than Shaheen, who is definitely toast.

It really just depends to what end. I could totally be convinced that blowing the load on Clowney with a combo of a backloaded contract and cutting Floyd would be worth it after seeing how this D has played without Hicks as the second big star to take focus off Mack.

Or if one of the top 3 QBs actually became available, they'd probably be worth whatever downgrading you'd need to make elsewhere to make it happen.

They'll have *options* though. And yea, it's obvious a uphill battle no matter what, but they can make a last swing this year on the window, and then will have plenty of opportunity to shed contracts and collect picks the next year when that last swing inevitably fails.

Or Pace will trade 2021's first on someone he has conviction for (but kind of definitely will end up stinking). But he's gonna hit big time on the 4th Rd comp pick he just scored for Amos.
1 x
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61070
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3046
x 10661

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:51 am

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:Pretttty sure they're gonna try to have a decent backup QB next season.t?

Thus the reason Daniel is nowhere near “important”
1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 34549
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: GRIP IT AND RIP IT
x 2037
x 2129

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:46 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Hairyducked Idiot wrote:Pretttty sure they're gonna try to have a decent backup QB next season.t?

Thus the reason Daniel is nowhere near “important”


I just mean in terms of "they will spend some cap space or draft picks to fill this spot." Not that they want that specific player to come back.
0 x


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests