Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Re: Bears at Rams SNF on NBC 7:20 PM

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:18 am

ChiCubsFan wrote:
Old Style wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:Hurts/Fromm/Eason/Love watch.

With what draft pick?

2 2nd rounders

Yea, left out the (now 2) top guys who will certainly be gone in the first. Tuas draft stock being killed certainly hurts though, could push up the other guys.
0 x

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:25 am

No progress, same old same old.

Trubisky is scared to pull the trigger on deep balls, checks down way too quickly, ignores open receivers, makes the wrong move in the pocket almost every time, and misses throws occasionally because of bad mechanics.

The offensive line is absolutely awful. The receivers all have drop problems. The defense is very good but can't be counted on late in games when you must have a stop. And somehow we still have kicker problems. Oh, and Mack's disappearance continues.

But what really kills me is the offensive play design, especially the run plays. That infamous third and one option is firable, there were like six things you should never do on the same play, intentionally.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:27 am

Mitch had a hip injury?

2 x

The_Achiever
All-Star

Postby The_Achiever » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:35 am

Nagy is an abomination. He ducking sucks ass.

And too bad Mitch’s hip injury isn’t of the tua variety.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:36 am

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:No progress, same old same old.

Trubisky is scared to pull the trigger on deep balls, checks down way too quickly, ignores open receivers, makes the wrong move in the pocket almost every time, and misses throws occasionally because of bad mechanics.

The offensive line is absolutely awful. The receivers all have drop problems. The defense is very good but can't be counted on late in games when you must have a stop. And somehow we still have kicker problems. Oh, and Mack's disappearance continues.

But what really kills me is the offensive play design, especially the run plays. That infamous third and one option is firable, there were like six things you should never do on the same play, intentionally.

Nagy isn't the coach, and I think that means a whole turnover is needed unfortunately. I just doubt it's gonna happen this offseason.

Basically every iteration of the Phillips/George McCaskey leadership has failed. Next one should just be handing the keys to the biggest college coach you can get ala the Pete Carroll model (ideally a guy with pro experience, obviously).
1 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:46 am

If Mitch really was hurt a couple series before, it makes sense because his accuracy went south in the 4th quarter. He wasn’t exactly great before then but he struggled mightily in the 4th
0 x
Win it for Fred

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:51 am

UMFan83 wrote:If Mitch really was hurt a couple series before, it makes sense because his accuracy went south in the 4th quarter. He wasn’t exactly great before then but he struggled mightily in the 4th

I don't buy it.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:59 am

0 x
Win it for Fred

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:17 am

0 x
Spoiler: show

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:57 pm

That also ignores like 6 drops. Mitch got horsefeathers last night by Nagy and his receivers. Nagy should not be calling plays anymore, its blatantly obvious.
0 x

Soul
Resident Cat Lady

Postby Soul » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:28 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:If Mitch really was hurt a couple series before, it makes sense because his accuracy went south in the 4th quarter. He wasn’t exactly great before then but he struggled mightily in the 4th

I don't buy it.

Well, Nagy talked at length about it, said he asked Mitch to be honest about how he was feeling and then Mitch said he was hurt.
0 x
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:35 pm

Soul wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:

I don't buy it.

Well, Nagy talked at length about it, said he asked Mitch to be honest about how he was feeling and then Mitch said he was hurt.

Mitch could hardly answer the questions straight and was avoiding all eye contact.

I'm almost never one to go full conspiracy theory, but I'm going full hog wild. The PR team is trying to protect Nagy. I just can't figure out why Mitch is also falling on the sword for him.

Absolutely best case is that Mitch did tweek something, but it was not an injury you'd pull a guy for a Nagy used that as a weak pretext to do so.

Mitch didn't play that great (I'd probably put it as slightly better than the GB game), but it was not a "pull the starter" performance.
1 x

Soul
Resident Cat Lady

Postby Soul » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:41 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Soul wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:I don't buy it.

Mitch could hardly answer the questions straight and was avoiding all eye contact.

I'm almost never one to go full conspiracy theory, but I'm going full hog wild. The PR team is trying to protect Nagy. I just can't figure out why Mitch is also falling on the sword for him.

Absolutely best case is that Mitch did tweek something, but it was not an injury you'd pull a guy for a Nagy used that as a weak pretext to do so.

Mitch didn't play that great (I'd probably put it as slightly better than the GB game), but it was not a "pull the starter" performance.

Can the trainers / medical staff lie about it? Come back with an injury diagnosis that isn't true?
0 x
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:42 pm

Mitch was horrible again last night, but Chase Daniel was way worse. Just throw Tyler Bray out there and see if all 3 need to be kicked to the curb in the offseason. Get whoever you can get with your first pick in the 2nd round and see how cheaply you can get someone like Andy Dalton for a year while the kid learns. Dalton isn't the answer, but I think he could win some games for this team next year, and I doubt many teams kick the tires on him as a starter. If he doesn't come cheap on a prove it deal, find someone who does.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:59 pm

Soul wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Soul wrote:

Can the trainers / medical staff lie about it? Come back with an injury diagnosis that isn't true?

During the week I know they are held to certain reporting requirements. Not sure about in game. Even if there is technically an injury there the excuse is pure BS.

Poor footwork leading to going all arm on throws? Maybe Mitch's hip has been hurt for 3 years.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:06 pm

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:That also ignores like 6 drops. Mitch got horsefeathers last night by Nagy and his receivers. Nagy should not be calling plays anymore, its blatantly obvious.

I turned it off in the 2nd half so I can't speak for everything, but a couple of the "drops" were really poorly thrown balls guys had to try and catch via acrobatics. And there was the underthrown should have been touchdown allowing the DB to break it up. Mitch had his best drive of the year, and looked pretty good at times. But he still suffered from the same problems he's suffered every week.

Any way, we're still in the same situation as before. The offense is a mess from top to bottom. The defense is still good, but beginning to crack. We're a good 2-3 years away from turning it around.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:20 pm

They couldn’t even get their stories straight last night about when he got “hurt.” It was 100% a frustration move from Nagy.

Trubisky was bad last night. Not *as* bad as his final stat line, but bad.
1 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:22 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
We Got The Whole 9 wrote:That also ignores like 6 drops. Mitch got horsefeathers last night by Nagy and his receivers. Nagy should not be calling plays anymore, its blatantly obvious.

I turned it off in the 2nd half so I can't speak for everything, but a couple of the "drops" were really poorly thrown balls guys had to try and catch via acrobatics. And there was the underthrown should have been touchdown allowing the DB to break it up. Mitch had his best drive of the year, and looked pretty good at times. But he still suffered from the same problems he's suffered every week.

Any way, we're still in the same situation as before. The offense is a mess from top to bottom. The defense is still good, but beginning to crack. We're a good 2-3 years away from turning it around.

2-3 years away from what? Better offensive coaching could go a long way to having this team in the playoffs next year IMO.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:30 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

2-3 years away from what? Better offensive coaching could go a long way to having this team in the playoffs next year IMO.

They are stuck in QB hell next year regardless of coaching and will be relying on a rookie QB in 2021. Maybe they get lucky and it works as soon as then, or maybe it takes a year or so.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:45 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:I turned it off in the 2nd half so I can't speak for everything, but a couple of the "drops" were really poorly thrown balls guys had to try and catch via acrobatics. And there was the underthrown should have been touchdown allowing the DB to break it up. Mitch had his best drive of the year, and looked pretty good at times. But he still suffered from the same problems he's suffered every week.

They are stuck in QB hell next year regardless of coaching and will be relying on a rookie QB in 2021. Maybe they get lucky and it works as soon as then, or maybe it takes a year or so.

Well if its predicated on getting a good QB they could be stuck for a long time. A decent QB with a better coach is a more short term goal, that could still try and utilize the talent they do have now (on both sides of the ball).
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:05 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:2-3 years away from what? Better offensive coaching could go a long way to having this team in the playoffs next year IMO.

Well if its predicated on getting a good QB they could be stuck for a long time. A decent QB with a better coach is a more short term goal, that could still try and utilize the talent they do have now (on both sides of the ball).

Ryan Pace isn't getting another shot at the coaching hire. And I don't think ownership wants to re-spin the "every 2 years we get somebody new plan" wheel.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:17 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

Ryan Pace isn't getting another shot at the coaching hire. And I don't think ownership wants to re-spin the "every 2 years we get somebody new plan" wheel.

No I don't think Pace should or will get another HC hire.

I'd guess ownership will be conservative and give both guys another year at the helm. So if that's what you're factoring into the 3-3 years that makes sense, but it shouldn't take 2-3 years because Pace and Nagy probably shouldn't be back at this point, IMO.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:23 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:Well if its predicated on getting a good QB they could be stuck for a long time. A decent QB with a better coach is a more short term goal, that could still try and utilize the talent they do have now (on both sides of the ball).

No I don't think Pace should or will get another HC hire.

I'd guess ownership will be conservative and give both guys another year at the helm. So if that's what you're factoring into the 3-3 years that makes sense, but it shouldn't take 2-3 years because Pace and Nagy probably shouldn't be back at this point, IMO.

Even if they do an overhaul this offseason, the next group isn't going to try and patch things with the current roster. They'll have an opportunity to tear it down and start fresh, which makes the 2-3 years a possible 4.
0 x

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:26 pm

Some cap hit changes from this year to next year:

Mack: $12m to $27m
Massie: $3.8m to $8.3m
Floyd: $5m to $13m
Leno: $3.3m to $11.3m
Goldman: $5.3m to $10.8m
Hicks: $10.1m to $11.8m
Fuller: $13.5m to $17.5m
Whitehair: $2.4m to $7.4m

This team is gonna be noticeably worse next year even if they fix the coaching problems.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:28 pm

Can they cut Massie and Leno?
0 x

Return to “Other Sports”