NFL Week 11

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61080
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3048
x 10685

NFL Week 11

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:35 pm

NFL Lines For Week 11 - NFL Football Line Week Eleven
NFL Line 11/14 - 11/18, 2019

Date & Time Favorite Line Underdog Total
Date & Time Favorite Line Underdog Total
11/14 8:20 ET At Cleveland -2.5 Pittsburgh 40
11/17 1:00 ET Dallas -4.5 At Detroit 49
11/17 1:00 ET New Orleans -5.5 At Tampa Bay 50.5
11/17 1:00 ET At Carolina -6 Atlanta 50.5
11/17 1:00 ET At Indianapolis -3 Jacksonville 44
11/17 1:00 ET At Minnesota -10.5 Denver 39.5
11/17 1:00 ET At Washington -1 NY Jets 38.5
11/17 1:00 ET Buffalo -5.5 At Miami 40
11/17 1:00 ET At Baltimore -4 Houston 50
11/17 4:05 ET At San Francisco -11.5 Arizona 46
11/17 4:25 ET New England -3.5 At Philadelphia 44.5
11/17 4:25 ET At Oakland -10.5 Cincinnati 48.5
11/17 8:20 ET At LA Rams -6.5 Chicago 41.5

Monday Night Football Line
11/18 8:15 ET Kansas City -3.5 LA Chargers
(At Mexico City) 52.5
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

NonProfitCow
All-Star
Posts: 4798
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:15 am
x 184
x 673

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby NonProfitCow » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:30 pm

How will Kansas City break my heart this week?
0 x

NonProfitCow
All-Star
Posts: 4798
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:15 am
x 184
x 673

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby NonProfitCow » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:52 am

WTF Myles Garrett?



Last edited by NonProfitCow on Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

User avatar
cl smooth
All-Star
Posts: 2226
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 3:59 pm
Location: brooklynnnnnnnnnn
x 3311
x 773

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby cl smooth » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:01 am



that is horsefeathering crazy.
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7563
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 666
x 689

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby TomtheBombadil » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:13 am

Can anyone explain to me why the players even wear helmets?
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

User avatar
PackLandVA
All-Star
Posts: 2520
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:42 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, baby!!
x 477
x 508

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby PackLandVA » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:24 am

TomtheBombadil wrote:Can anyone explain to me why the players even wear helmets?



In case someone rips another player’s helmet off and tries to hit you in the head with it?? :dontknow:
0 x
Sticks the landing!!!

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7563
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 666
x 689

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby TomtheBombadil » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:25 am

^^ very worthy of 667

Why wouldn't they at least be leather? The NFL can afford leather
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

soccer10k
Hall of Fame
Posts: 38449
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:21 pm
Location: Sacramento
x 1484

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby soccer10k » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:28 am

cl smooth wrote:

that is horsefeathering crazy.


Yeah, he won’t be playing for a few weeks.
0 x
In Theo we trust.

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7563
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 666
x 689

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby TomtheBombadil » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:32 am

Wait, is that not some kind of crime like assault? That's not not a weapon, right? Like he wielded it like a weapon, he had intent, that thing probably has some good skull bashing weight to it, *and* he even made contact! That's crazy, the NFL is such an abomination
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 37679
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1296
x 1644

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby OleMissCub » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:11 am

TomtheBombadil wrote:Wait, is that not some kind of crime like assault? That's not not a weapon, right? Like he wielded it like a weapon, he had intent, that thing probably has some good skull bashing weight to it, *and* he even made contact! That's crazy, the NFL is such an abomination


It’s 100% an aggravated assault by definition
0 x

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9752
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 5349
x 631

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby Old Style » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:16 am

That’s completely out of character for Myles. Totally shocked and disappointed in his actions. Rudolph was trying to rip off Garrett’s helmet first but there has to be something more that made Myles snap like that.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
weis21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9202
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:45 am
Location: ECU
x 6509
x 1311

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby weis21 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:02 pm

Old Style wrote:That’s completely out of character for Myles.

He’s already been fined twice this year by the NFL for hits to the QB?

I would imagine and hope swinging a helmet at someone’s head would be out of character for just about anybody. But the fact of the matter is he has shown the propensity for going too far with QB hits already.
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 70820
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1301
x 2662

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby Derwood » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:33 pm

Old Style wrote:That’s completely out of character for Myles. Totally shocked and disappointed in his actions. Rudolph was trying to rip off Garrett’s helmet first but there has to be something more that made Myles snap like that.


Green font?
1 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 70820
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1301
x 2662

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby Derwood » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:34 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
TomtheBombadil wrote:Wait, is that not some kind of crime like assault? That's not not a weapon, right? Like he wielded it like a weapon, he had intent, that thing probably has some good skull bashing weight to it, *and* he even made contact! That's crazy, the NFL is such an abomination


It’s 100% an aggravated assault by definition


Yes, but it happened on a sports field so no charges will be filed.

Throwing a baseball at someone’s head would also be aggravated assault, but the “it’s just part of the game” laws keep the lawyers at bay :roll:
0 x

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9752
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 5349
x 631

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby Old Style » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:42 pm

Derwood wrote:
Old Style wrote:That’s completely out of character for Myles. Totally shocked and disappointed in his actions. Rudolph was trying to rip off Garrett’s helmet first but there has to be something more that made Myles snap like that.


Green font?

Not at all. Admittedly I haven’t followed his career as closely in the NFL but what I know of Myles he is the LAST person you would ever expect to do something like this. And just because he’s had some late hits on the QB doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be surprising that he ripped off a dude’s helmet and hit him on the head with it. That’s a huge leap of logic.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 37679
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1296
x 1644

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby OleMissCub » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:54 pm

Old Style wrote:Not at all. Admittedly I haven’t followed his career as closely in the NFL but what I know of Myles he is the LAST person you would ever expect to do something like this. And just because he’s had some late hits on the QB doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be surprising that he ripped off a dude’s helmet and hit him on the head with it. That’s a huge leap of logic.


Against LSU my last year, I choked out their tight end two times in a row," Garrett said. "[Laughs] He had it coming. He just kept holding me, so I picked him up, put him on his back and then I grabbed his face mask and kept jamming his helmet into the ground. I said, "I'm setting you straight right now. Don't do illegal holds." Myles Garrett
1 x

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9752
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 5349
x 631

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby Old Style » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:10 pm

Did he choke him or jam his head into the ground?
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
BigbadB
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24608
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:38 am
Location: San Diego
x 21
x 154

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby BigbadB » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:14 pm

Derwood wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:
TomtheBombadil wrote:Wait, is that not some kind of crime like assault? That's not not a weapon, right? Like he wielded it like a weapon, he had intent, that thing probably has some good skull bashing weight to it, *and* he even made contact! That's crazy, the NFL is such an abomination


It’s 100% an aggravated assault by definition


Yes, but it happened on a sports field so no charges will be filed.

Throwing a baseball at someone’s head would also be aggravated assault, but the “it’s just part of the game” laws keep the lawyers at bay :roll:


Reasonable doubt plays a factor in throwing at someone's head. You can't argue reasonable doubt when swinging a helmet wildly at someone's unhelmeted head.
0 x

User avatar
weis21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9202
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:45 am
Location: ECU
x 6509
x 1311

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby weis21 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:05 pm

Old Style wrote:Did he choke him or jam his head into the ground?

What is wrong with you?

*Googles Myles Garrett college*

Oh. Nevermind.
0 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 34793
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 949
x 6376

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:13 pm

Wait, so was that a penalty or not?
0 x
Image

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9752
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 5349
x 631

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby Old Style » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:14 pm

weis21 wrote:
Old Style wrote:Did he choke him or jam his head into the ground?

What is wrong with you?

*Googles Myles Garrett college*

Oh. Nevermind.

Nowhere did I defend his actions last night. If he truly choked another player then that’s unacceptable as well. If he jammed another player’s helmet to the ground after a play then I’ll yawn at that. I’d wager 90+% of NFL lineman have done that at some point.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
weis21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9202
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:45 am
Location: ECU
x 6509
x 1311

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby weis21 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:32 pm

Old Style wrote:
weis21 wrote:
Old Style wrote:Did he choke him or jam his head into the ground?

What is wrong with you?

*Googles Myles Garrett college*

Oh. Nevermind.

Nowhere did I defend his actions last night. If he truly choked another player then that’s unacceptable as well. If he jammed another player’s helmet to the ground after a play then I’ll yawn at that. I’d wager 90+% of NFL lineman have done that at some point.

no you're just defending him as a person in a manner in which you act like you know him personally.

it's silly. we don't know any of these horsefeathers or ultimately what kind of people they truly are.
0 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 17726
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: THE HONORABLE JUDGE PRICK
x 1659
x 778

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:00 pm

Old Style wrote:That’s completely out of character for Myles. Totally shocked and disappointed in his actions. Rudolph was trying to rip off Garrett’s helmet first but there has to be something more that made Myles snap like that.



1) he plays for Cleveland
2) i rest my case your honor
0 x
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61080
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3048
x 10685

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:02 pm

suspended indefinitely
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President
Posts: 11905
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:58 am
Location: behind the boathouse
x 666
x 1183

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby sneakypower » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:13 pm

Old Style wrote:That’s completely out of character for Myles. Totally shocked and disappointed in his actions. Rudolph was trying to rip off Garrett’s helmet first but there has to be something more that made Myles snap like that.

why are you calling him Myles
1 x


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: David and 9 guests