Chicago Bears offseason

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:56 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:Meh it's one for one and who knows what the evaluation process looks like next year cuz of covid.

Next year is the year they have to draft a qb, which likely means trading up. They just gave away a 4th for a 5th because Ryan Pace does not understand value.

If next year is the year they need to deaft qb, they likely wont have to trade up
the most likely 2020 outcome is continued mediocrity but nowhere near a top 5 pick.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Re: Chicago Bears offseason LP

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:57 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:STOP TRADING AWAY PICKS YOU DUMB MOTHER

Meh it's one for one and who knows what the evaluation process looks like next year cuz of covid.

Next year is the year they have to draft a qb, which likely means trading up. They just gave away a 4th for a 5th because Ryan Pace does not understand value.

Come on that 4th isn't getting in the way of drafting a QB. And who knows if they'll be in that spot to get a QB. We don't even know what next year's college season and draft process will look like, so I don't mind the 1 round penalty to get a guy you like. Maybe the Bears go 3-13 and it looks terrible, but hopefully it's a mid or late 4th.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:00 pm

This team is desperate for offensive line help and Pace continues to ignore it.

Why do I spend every season making excuses for this guy?
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:00 pm

Not sure I understand the Vildor pick. Unless they think of one of the CB's already on the roster could convert to safety, there is now a plethora of depth guys on the roster. Assuming one of Roberson, Toliver or Johnson wins the spot opposite Fuller, you also have Shelley, Denmark, Burns, Crawford, Skrine, McManus and Joseph on the roster.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:02 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:Meh it's one for one and who knows what the evaluation process looks like next year cuz of covid.

Come on that 4th isn't getting in the way of drafting a QB. And who knows if they'll be in that spot to get a QB. We don't even know what next year's college season and draft process will look like, so I don't mind the 1 round penalty to get a guy you like. Maybe the Bears go 3-13 and it looks terrible, but hopefully it's a mid or late 4th.

No I’m not going to “come on”. If you trade up for a qb next year you need all the surplus you can get. Giving away a 4 for a 5 is bad business.
1 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:12 pm

BigbadB wrote:Not sure I understand the Vildor pick. Unless they think of one of the CB's already on the roster could convert to safety, there is now a plethora of depth guys on the roster. Assuming one of Roberson, Toliver or Johnson wins the spot opposite Fuller, you also have Shelley, Denmark, Burns, Crawford, Skrine, McManus and Joseph on the roster.

Yea tons of bodies at CB now.

I'd assume Denmark is a S or cut. Crawford, Burns, and Toliver are really JAG, and Roberson probably is too, but does have a little more dead cap. Joseph a PS guy. Still Vildor will be a bubble guy, so this is one of the first head scratches at this point. But the next 4 picks will also probably all be 50/50 shots to make the 53 man.
Last edited by WrigleyField 22 on Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:13 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:Next year is the year they have to draft a qb, which likely means trading up. They just gave away a 4th for a 5th because Ryan Pace does not understand value.

No I’m not going to “come on”. If you trade up for a qb next year you need all the surplus you can get. Giving away a 4 for a 5 is bad business.

A 4 next year for a 5 now. And next years draft (and college season) has a horsefeathers ton of uncertainty right now, which really plays into it.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:16 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:Come on that 4th isn't getting in the way of drafting a QB. And who knows if they'll be in that spot to get a QB. We don't even know what next year's college season and draft process will look like, so I don't mind the 1 round penalty to get a guy you like. Maybe the Bears go 3-13 and it looks terrible, but hopefully it's a mid or late 4th.

A 4 next year for a 5 now. And next years draft (and college season) has a horsefeathers ton of uncertainty right now, which really plays into it.

That “next years picks don’t matter” mindset is why the bears always have more needs than picks.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:17 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

That “next years picks don’t matter” mindset is why the bears always have more needs than picks.

But they filled a need with this pick.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:20 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
BigbadB wrote:Not sure I understand the Vildor pick. Unless they think of one of the CB's already on the roster could convert to safety, there is now a plethora of depth guys on the roster. Assuming one of Roberson, Toliver or Johnson wins the spot opposite Fuller, you also have Shelley, Denmark, Burns, Crawford, Skrine, McManus and Joseph on the roster.

Yea tons of bodies at CB now.

I'd assume Denmark is a S or cut. Crawford, Burns, and Toliver are really JAG, and Roberson probably is too, but does have a little more dead cap. Joseph a PS guy. Still Vildor will be a bubble guy, so this is one of the first head scratches at this point. But the next 4 picks will also probably all be 50/50 shots to make the 53 man.

I dont mind the pick mainly because safeties aren’t that critical in the nfl anymore, well, strong safeties. Any of those CBs could move to a free safety pos and probably do fine. Cover guys are whats more important.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:23 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:This team is desperate for offensive line help and Pace continues to ignore it.

You can still get plenty of oline help in the 6th and 7th
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:29 pm

Pace has neglected the OL (particularly this offseason) : Good take

Trading the traditional 1 round premium for future pick is bad value: reasonable take, but I do think if there was a year to take that bet, 2020 to 2021 is probably it

We are going to take a QB and trade up to do so and need that 4th: radio caller take
0 x

Splendid Splinter
All-Star

Postby Splendid Splinter » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:35 pm

Bears trade up again and drafted a WR.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:35 pm

Theres your burner wr, 4.38 40
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:39 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:Theres your burner wr, 4.38 40

Never heard of him, but here's a hype headline (no I haven't even read the article yet)
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/da ... -nfl-draft
0 x

Soul
Resident Cat Lady

Postby Soul » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:40 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:This team is desperate for offensive line help and Pace continues to ignore it.

Help me out on that one. What’s the likelihood of finding plenty of help this far in?

I’m trying to see it with Pace. I really am. But his picks consistently leave me befuddled.
0 x
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:49 pm

Well I like the concept behind the Mooney trade at least. No idea about the player though.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:49 pm

Soul wrote:Help me out on that one. What’s the likelihood of finding plenty of help this far in?

Well based on Paces OL history not great, I suppose.
2nd rounder--good pick
2nd rounder-still shaky but maybe good
3rd round- poor pick
5th rounder - total miss
7th rounder - total miss

Leno was a 7th rounder though. Took like 3 years to become passable and like 5 years to be good (which maybe only lasted 1 year).
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:51 pm

Soul wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:

Help me out on that one. What’s the likelihood of finding plenty of help this far in?

I’m trying to see it with Pace. I really am. But his picks consistently leave me befuddled.

If you aren’t drafting oline in the first 2 rounds, the talent level from 3-7 is far more consistant
0 x

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:52 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:Well I like the concept behind the Mooney trade at least. No idea about the player though.

I'm reading that all the Bears have left in this draft after the trade to pick Mooney is a 7th rounder, and it's not the 7th rounder they already had.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:52 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:Well I like the concept behind the Mooney trade at least. No idea about the player though.

What's the details on this trade?
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:53 pm

Soul wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:

His picks in a general sense have been fine. He's drafted better than average overall. The issue is and has always been he missed the QB pick. Nothing else really matters. Seattle blows the draft every year by picking 3rd rounder in the 1st and still win 10+ because they hit on the QB.
1 x

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:54 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:

What's the details on this trade?

What I'm reading is that the Bears gave up both 6ths and a 7th to move to 173 and they get a 7th.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:55 pm

rawaction wrote:
Soul wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:You can still get plenty of oline help in the 6th and 7th

His picks in a general sense have been fine. He's drafted better than average overall. The issue is and has always been he missed the QB pick. Nothing else really matters. Seattle blows the draft every year by picking 3rd rounder in the 1st and still win 10+ because they hit on the QB.

Well his 1st rounds in general have been. Floyd and Mitch at least he did swing for good positional value. White was a dumb pick always. Roquan is basically his only good 1st round pick and it's an arguably low value position for how high he was selected.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:56 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:Theres your burner wr, 4.38 40

Never heard of him, but here's a hype headline (no I haven't even read the article yet)
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/da ... -nfl-draft

0 x

Return to “Other Sports”