Chicago Bears offseason

User avatar
Splendid Splinter
All-Star
Posts: 2370
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:30 am
x 8749
x 238

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby Splendid Splinter » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:31 am

David wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:He’s a first round pick they cut after 4 years. It’s an F.


what the hell is a C then?


A- HOF
B- Multiple All Pros
C- Multiple Pro Bowls
D- Multiple years of being top 10 at a position
F- Average starter or worse


is what I'm guessing his grade scale.
2 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61797
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3310
x 11587

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:26 am

Splendid Splinter wrote:
David wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:He’s a first round pick they cut after 4 years. It’s an F.


what the hell is a C then?


A- HOF
B- Multiple All Pros
C- Multiple Pro Bowls
D- Multiple years of being top 10 at a position
F- Average starter or worse


is what I'm guessing his grade scale.


If a 1st rounder is cut less than 5 years in, its an F.
Or DNQ if you’re feeling generous.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61797
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3310
x 11587

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:29 am

I’m judging the draft pick you maroons. The player can be whatever he is, the draft pick is a failure. Floyd being a serviceable player for another team doesn’t bring any value to the bears. It was a terrible draft pick that worked out poorly for the team. They felt obligated to overpay another free agent (never good) to make up for their poor choice.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 14139
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 2394
x 1531

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:34 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:I’m judging the draft pick you maroons. The player can be whatever he is, the draft pick is a failure. Floyd being a serviceable player for another team doesn’t bring any value to the bears. It was a terrible draft pick that worked out poorly for the team. They felt obligated to overpay another free agent (never good) to make up for their poor choice.

Agreed. Floyd himself may be a B- player, but the pick success was a failure.
0 x
Image

User avatar
rawaction
Hall of Fame
Posts: 34637
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 11:04 pm
x 761
x 737

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby rawaction » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:52 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:I’m judging the draft pick you maroons. The player can be whatever he is, the draft pick is a failure. Floyd being a serviceable player for another team doesn’t bring any value to the bears. It was a terrible draft pick that worked out poorly for the team. They felt obligated to overpay another free agent (never good) to make up for their poor choice.

Agreed. Floyd himself may be a B- player, but the pick success was a failure.


Neither of you make any sense. He's a B- player, but the pick is a failure? WTF does that even mean? I understand that he was a top 10 pick and should have an A player. But him being a failed pick because he's a B- instead of an A is some Ricky Bobby "if ya ain't first ya last" type of BS.
2 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61797
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3310
x 11587

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:53 am

rawaction wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:He’s a first round pick they cut after 4 years. It’s an F.


He started for 4 years for them. I don't think you can give Leonard Floyd the same grade as Kevin White, who started 0 games and is out of the league before his 5th year. Floyd was cut because he was scheduled to make 13Mil. He was signed like a day and half later for 10Mil. Same logic makes Adrian Amos a bad pick because they made to effort to re-sign him after 4 years.
i had no idea the bears spent a 1st round pick on Adrian Amos
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61797
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3310
x 11587

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:55 am

rawaction wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:I’m judging the draft pick you maroons. The player can be whatever he is, the draft pick is a failure. Floyd being a serviceable player for another team doesn’t bring any value to the bears. It was a terrible draft pick that worked out poorly for the team. They felt obligated to overpay another free agent (never good) to make up for their poor choice.

Agreed. Floyd himself may be a B- player, but the pick success was a failure.


Neither of you make any sense. He's a B- player, but the pick is a failure? WTF does that even mean? I understand that he was a top 10 pick and should have an A player. But him being a failed pick because he's a B- instead of an A is some Ricky Bobby "if ya ain't first ya last" type of BS.

I don’t really think you understand he was a top ten pick. If your top ten pick doesn’t make it to his next contest with you, it was a bad pick.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
rawaction
Hall of Fame
Posts: 34637
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 11:04 pm
x 761
x 737

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby rawaction » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:08 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
rawaction wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:Agreed. Floyd himself may be a B- player, but the pick success was a failure.


Neither of you make any sense. He's a B- player, but the pick is a failure? WTF does that even mean? I understand that he was a top 10 pick and should have an A player. But him being a failed pick because he's a B- instead of an A is some Ricky Bobby "if ya ain't first ya last" type of BS.

I don’t really think you understand he was a top ten pick. If your top ten pick doesn’t make it to his next contest with you, it was a bad pick.


A bad pick and a F pick is not the same thing.
2 x

User avatar
Splendid Splinter
All-Star
Posts: 2370
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:30 am
x 8749
x 238

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby Splendid Splinter » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:56 am

rawaction wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
rawaction wrote:
Neither of you make any sense. He's a B- player, but the pick is a failure? WTF does that even mean? I understand that he was a top 10 pick and should have an A player. But him being a failed pick because he's a B- instead of an A is some Ricky Bobby "if ya ain't first ya last" type of BS.

I don’t really think you understand he was a top ten pick. If your top ten pick doesn’t make it to his next contest with you, it was a bad pick.


A bad pick and a F pick is not the same thing.


This. Jersey is saying that Floyd basically gets the same grade as Kevin White which is just bat [expletive] insane.
0 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 14139
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 2394
x 1531

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:43 am

Splendid Splinter wrote:
rawaction wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:I don’t really think you understand he was a top ten pick. If your top ten pick doesn’t make it to his next contest with you, it was a bad pick.


A bad pick and a F pick is not the same thing.


This. Jersey is saying that Floyd basically gets the same grade as Kevin White which is just bat [expletive] insane.

I guess it just is based on your scale. But by most analysis if you "hit" on half your picks you're considered doing a good or adequate job, most picks will end up with an F grade I guess. Curve the scale a little more harshly for higher picks and even a decent player is a failure in the top 10.
0 x
Image

ChiCubsFan
All-Star
Posts: 4679
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:51 pm
Location: Chicago
x 129
x 54

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby ChiCubsFan » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:35 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
rawaction wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:Agreed. Floyd himself may be a B- player, but the pick success was a failure.


Neither of you make any sense. He's a B- player, but the pick is a failure? WTF does that even mean? I understand that he was a top 10 pick and should have an A player. But him being a failed pick because he's a B- instead of an A is some Ricky Bobby "if ya ain't first ya last" type of BS.

I don’t really think you understand he was a top ten pick. If your top ten pick doesn’t make it to his next contest with you, it was a bad pick.


Yeah this doesn’t make sense. He didn’t get cut because he’s a bad player, he got cut because he isnt worth the money. You got 4 years of cheap production out of him. It’s a B/C at worst. B- I think was pretty spot on. Many first rounders are out of the league after their rookie contract. Those are Fs. As someone else brought up, what would you rate the Amos pick? He wasn’t resigned after his rookie deal, so also an F?
0 x
ChiCubsFan-Mark

Ski wrote:"If you don't commit suicide if the Cubs lose in the first round, you're not a Cubs fan."

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 62407
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 10090
x 5790

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby David » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:11 am

ChiCubsFan wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
rawaction wrote:
Neither of you make any sense. He's a B- player, but the pick is a failure? WTF does that even mean? I understand that he was a top 10 pick and should have an A player. But him being a failed pick because he's a B- instead of an A is some Ricky Bobby "if ya ain't first ya last" type of BS.

I don’t really think you understand he was a top ten pick. If your top ten pick doesn’t make it to his next contest with you, it was a bad pick.


Yeah this doesn’t make sense. He didn’t get cut because he’s a bad player, he got cut because he isnt worth the money. You got 4 years of cheap production out of him. It’s a B/C at worst. B- I think was pretty spot on. Many first rounders are out of the league after their rookie contract. Those are Fs. As someone else brought up, what would you rate the Amos pick? He wasn’t resigned after his rookie deal, so also an F?


right...even if you say first rounders are curved differently than someone like amos (i don't disagree), the fact that floyd isn't with the bears is because they saw an opportunity to upgrade and they chose to do that. they could've just as easily kept him and been fine. and neither outcome changes the fact that the pick just doesn't merit an F by any remotely sane standards.
0 x

User avatar
SouthSideRyan
is ELL
Posts: 50100
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:08 am
Location: South Loop
x 777
x 2046

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby SouthSideRyan » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:29 am

Splendid Splinter wrote:
rawaction wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:I don’t really think you understand he was a top ten pick. If your top ten pick doesn’t make it to his next contest with you, it was a bad pick.


A bad pick and a F pick is not the same thing.


This. Jersey is saying that Floyd basically gets the same grade as Kevin White which is just bat [expletive] insane.


So anyone better than White is automatically a D- or better? What does Mitch get?
0 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 80400
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 3326
x 5226
Contact:

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby UMFan83 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:52 am

If the Bears draft class was graded purely by the names of the picks, they get an A+

1 x
Win it for Fred

UK
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21089
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 2:38 pm
x 196
x 590

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby UK » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:05 pm

Overall, it was a decent but not great draft with nothing likely to change the path of the team.

Smet, Gipson, and Vildor were reaches while Johnson and Mooney were good value picks.

Who I would have selected at each spot:

Delphit S LSU (43)
Mims WR Baylor (50)
Hall CB UVA (155)
Weaver Edge Boise (163)
Adeniji OG/OT Kansas (173)
Sullivan TE LSU (226)
Hinton OG Washburn (227)
1 x
"It was kind of weird to look in the mirror the first time I tried my hat on." - Mark Bellhorn

User avatar
rawaction
Hall of Fame
Posts: 34637
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 11:04 pm
x 761
x 737

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby rawaction » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:49 pm

UK wrote:Overall, it was a decent but not great draft with nothing likely to change the path of the team.

Smet, Gipson, and Vildor were reaches while Johnson and Mooney were good value picks.

Who I would have selected at each spot:

Delphit S LSU (43)
Mims WR Baylor (50)
Hall CB UVA (155)
Weaver Edge Boise (163)
Adeniji OG/OT Kansas (173)
Sullivan TE LSU (226)
Hinton OG Washburn (227)


Damn dude did you hack into my spreadsheet? I have a Bears/fantasy football spreadsheet that I keep for data for any articles I may write. One of the things I have is "who I would have selected" sheet, and I try to do it right after the pick so as to not be one of those people 3 years down the line that's like, "I would have taken Mahomes, Kamara, and Kittle".

But anyway, I have these guys who I would have picked yesterday:

Grant Delpit
Denzel Mims
Bryce Hall
Curtis Weaver
Hakeem Adeniji
David Woodward
Darius Anderson
0 x

User avatar
rawaction
Hall of Fame
Posts: 34637
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 11:04 pm
x 761
x 737

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby rawaction » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:09 pm

0 x

UK
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21089
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 2:38 pm
x 196
x 590

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby UK » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:52 pm

If there's any sliver of cap room please get Fluker or Britt.
0 x
"It was kind of weird to look in the mirror the first time I tried my hat on." - Mark Bellhorn

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 14139
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 2394
x 1531

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:24 pm

UK wrote:If there's any sliver of cap room please get Fluker or Britt.

The Chicago Sea-Bears.
The Chicago Bear-Hawks.

They have room if they want though most guys at this stage in FA really should just take a sliver, like vet minimum contracts.

I'd be on the lookout for another RB and perhaps a S. NT is also only one deep, but that is a spot they could conceivably just carry one on the active roster, and then maybe a PS player. The RB they signed in UDFA actually sounds kind of interesting, but still very underwhelmed with the depth of that group.
0 x
Image

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 18822
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: I CANT BREATHE
x 2441
x 998

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:10 pm

Fluker, not Britt
0 x
Image

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 45822
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:02 pm
Location: Naperville, IL
x 82
x 2808
Contact:

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby Tim » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:46 pm

The last couple years, they had some really interesting NDFA. How is this year's batch?
0 x
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
Soul
Resident Cat Lady
Posts: 41202
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:19 pm
Location: In the throes of Cub madness
x 19
x 81

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby Soul » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:02 pm

LOL.

Tim: you guys are too binary on picks success or failure.

Goony: not a hall of famer, F.
0 x
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61797
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3310
x 11587

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:32 pm

Soul wrote:LOL.

Tim: you guys are too binary on picks success or failure.

Goony: not a hall of famer, F.

This is a dumb interpretation of what was said.

He was a top 10 pick and they release him because they felt the need to go into free agency to get an older guy to fill his spot. The pick is an absolute failure. If your first round pick isn't playing for you 5 years later, it's a huge failure that only an injury can excuse. This isn't the least bit controversial. It was a bad pick.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 29718
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 43
x 5607
Contact:

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby Brian » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:47 pm

Tim wrote:The last couple years, they had some really interesting NDFA. How is this year's batch?


Khalil Mack's brother is one.
0 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 14139
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 2394
x 1531

Re: Chicago Bears offseason

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:29 pm

The RB from Oregon State and maybe the OL from Yale sound the most interesting to me. Just based on depth I'd think the RB could make the roster. The OL would be pure PS fodder though.
0 x
Image


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bukie, Hairyducked Idiot, minnesotacubsfan and 4 guests