Week 1: Chicago BEARS @ Detroit Lions

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: Week 1: Chicago BEARS @ Detroit Lions

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:24 pm

Bertz wrote:
UK wrote:
Bertz wrote:The first week or three have a lot of weird things happen every season; I'd expect that to be especially true this year with the abbreviated pre-season.

If the defense is truly this mediocre though, we're looking at a top 5 pick.

A bad offense will make a good defense look mediocre and so on and so on.

I can't wait for rust to be the excuse.

TOP is basically even right now, and the Bears gave up TDs on both sides of halftime (when they're plenty well rested). The offense sucks, but the defense can't blame them today.
thr last thing I saw was the defense stop the lions in 2 minute offense then bears use 5 seconds to give it right back. That’s the game, and that’s all on offense. You can’t expect a defense to make back to back two minute stops.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Bertz
All-Star

Postby Bertz » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:25 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Bertz wrote:
UK wrote:

TOP is basically even right now, and the Bears gave up TDs on both sides of halftime (when they're plenty well rested). The offense sucks, but the defense can't blame them today.
thr last thing I saw was the defense stop the lions in 2 minute offense then bears use 5 seconds to give it right back. That’s the game, and that’s all on offense. You can’t expect a defense to make back to back two minute stops.

That first stop was a 3 and out, they were hardly gassed
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:27 pm

Mitch has made three horrific throws on this drive
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:28 pm

Bertz wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
Bertz wrote:

It’s not a question of gassed or not. They made the stop and went right back out there. That is deflating and entirely on the offense.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:31 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Bertz wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:thr last thing I saw was the defense stop the lions in 2 minute offense then bears use 5 seconds to give it right back. That’s the game, and that’s all on offense. You can’t expect a defense to make back to back two minute stops.

It’s not a question of gassed or not. They made the stop and went right back out there. That is deflating and entirely on the offense.

it was clearly on the offense
0 x

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:45 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Bertz wrote:
UK wrote:

I can, in fact, expect them to do that
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:46 pm

That’s a signature Mitch play right there
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:46 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
Bertz wrote:

I can, in fact, expect them to do that
well sure, but you don’t know anything about sports so, whatever
0 x

Bertz
All-Star

Postby Bertz » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:47 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Bertz wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:thr last thing I saw was the defense stop the lions in 2 minute offense then bears use 5 seconds to give it right back. That’s the game, and that’s all on offense. You can’t expect a defense to make back to back two minute stops.

They're adults, this is a super meatbally opinion
0 x

Tryptamine
5-Time All-Star

Postby Tryptamine » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:47 pm

Trubisky has zero QB IQ
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:47 pm

How many targets does Kmet have?
0 x
"It was kind of weird to look in the mirror the first time I tried my hat on." - Mark Bellhorn

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:48 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:That’s a signature Mitch play right there

the PI the play before was a terrible no call, but to follow that play up with a total collapse from both tackles and 30 yard loss just seams....predictable
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:48 pm

Bertz wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
Bertz wrote:

They're adults, this is a super meatbally opinion

I agree, saying “they’re adults” to scoff at the idea that two two minute stops is a must do is super meatbally. Glad you can admit it.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:50 pm

Do they get 5 wins this year?
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:50 pm

I hate to be a fairweathered fan but this franchise just doesn’t interest me anymore. Last night I realized that about 92% of the reason I was excited about football was due to fantasy football. I’ve watched Red Zone 100% of the time on my TV and only turning on the Bears game from my phone. I’m tweeting about it but my attention has been focused on Lamar Jackson, Davante Adams, etc.

I hate to say fire everyone again but I think it’s clear that Nagy is not the guy, Pace is not the guy and Mitch is not the guy. I actually really wanted to like Pace but I can’t get over the trade to draft Mitch and the doubling and tripling down on him this offseason just killed me
Last edited by UMFan83 on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Win it for Fred

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:51 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:Do they get 5 wins this year?

god I hope not
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:52 pm

That was a deep gong.
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:52 pm

UMFan83 wrote:I hate to be a fairweathered fan but this franchise just doesn’t interest me anymore. Last night I realized that about 92% of the reason I was excited about football was due to fantasy football. I’ve watched Red Zone 100% of the time on my TV and only turning on the Bears game from my phone. I’m tweeting about it but my attention has been focused on Lamar Jackson, Davante Adams, etc.

I hate to say fire everyone again but I think it’s clear that Nagy is not the guy, Pace is not the guy and Mitch is not the guy. I actually really wanted to like Pace but I can’t get over the trade to draft Mitch and the doubling and tripling down on him this offseason just killed me

You can say fire everyone when they have a tenure of futility.
0 x
"It was kind of weird to look in the mirror the first time I tried my hat on." - Mark Bellhorn

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:55 pm

#RedZoneDeadZone
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:55 pm

UK wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:I hate to be a fairweathered fan but this franchise just doesn’t interest me anymore. Last night I realized that about 92% of the reason I was excited about football was due to fantasy football. I’ve watched Red Zone 100% of the time on my TV and only turning on the Bears game from my phone. I’m tweeting about it but my attention has been focused on Lamar Jackson, Davante Adams, etc.

when?

Pace is an idiot for the picks and FA signings hes made
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:57 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
UK wrote:

when?

Pace is an idiot for the picks and FA signings hes made

Ummm.... After last year would have been ok.
0 x

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:59 pm

Garbage time stat padding. Doing just enough to give people an excuse to pretend everything isn’t bad. Perfect metaphor for entire Pace era
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:00 pm

I have a lot of belief in Nagy and think Pace can help build a winner with him. I hate the constant turnover and think these guys have a baseline of competence that is worth something. But I can be talked out of it
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:02 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:I have a lot of belief in Nagy and think Pace can help build a winner with him. I hate the constant turnover and think these guys have a baseline of competence that is worth something. But I can be talked out of it

I'm done with Pace
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:04 pm

crap. I'm getting excited
0 x

Return to “Other Sports”