NFL Week 1

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61967
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3362
x 11732

NFL Week 1

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:47 pm



Cherry bomb! Firecracker!
1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 80835
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 3401
x 5342
Contact:

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:16 am

Least fun game ever is counting how many Chiefs fans are wearing a mask without covering their nose or not wear a mask at all.
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61967
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3362
x 11732

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:24 am

Al Michaels wants nothing to do with this
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 35335
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: GRIP IT AND RIP IT
x 2431
x 2935

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:28 am

Are they allowing partial fans? I only got a quick glimpse but there seemed to be more people in the stadium than I expected.

Edit: TV answered as soon as I asked. I am a wizard.
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8846
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 811
x 859

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby TomtheBombadil » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:53 am

I'll keep insisting Tunsil is the Texans' best player and the best OT in the league until it's mainstream or probably that Becton guy in NY breaks out, whichever is first. Looks like he's really hit his stride in this league and it even seems like the Texans' offense works more around him than Watson
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9680
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 458
x 4039

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:19 am

"You thugs need to protest non-violently and showing more respect!"

"O.K.....we'll do....this...."



"NOOOO!!! Not like that! This isn't the time or place! Maybe you just should protest silently."
0 x

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 38323
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1454
x 1914

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby OleMissCub » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:22 am

TomtheBombadil wrote:I'll keep insisting Tunsil is the Texans' best player and the best OT in the league until it's mainstream or probably that Becton guy in NY breaks out, whichever is first. Looks like he's really hit his stride in this league and it even seems like the Texans' offense works more around him than Watson


The Giants in desperate need to protect an aging Eli Manning skipped over Tunsil and picked Eli Apple instead. Bonkers.
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 72704
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1464
x 3196

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby Derwood » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:25 am

ME: Oh, right, NFL starts tonight. I’ll check it out

*Two minutes later*

ME: ehhhhhh, I wonder what else is on
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8846
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 811
x 859

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby TomtheBombadil » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:29 am

OleMissCub wrote:The Giants in desperate need to protect an aging Eli Manning skipped over Tunsil and picked Eli Apple instead. Bonkers.


Eh, consider that he smoked marijuana in college before you call it bonkers
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

User avatar
Brian707
All-Star
Posts: 3425
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Algonquin IL
x 1139
x 1454

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby Brian707 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:31 am

The fake patriotism from these people is funny. "How dare they disrespect the flag and military" as they support a 6 time Vietnam draft dodger, a man who made fun of an opponent who was a POW, a man who trashed soldiers who died on D-Day, a man who looked the other way when America's biggest adversary put bounties on US soldiers. horsefeathers you
0 x

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 38323
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1454
x 1914

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby OleMissCub » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:33 am

TomtheBombadil wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:The Giants in desperate need to protect an aging Eli Manning skipped over Tunsil and picked Eli Apple instead. Bonkers.


Eh, consider that he smoked marijuana in college before you call it bonkers


In a gas mask no less!!!
0 x

User avatar
rawaction
Hall of Fame
Posts: 34844
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 11:04 pm
x 785
x 804

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby rawaction » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:37 am

OleMissCub wrote:
TomtheBombadil wrote:I'll keep insisting Tunsil is the Texans' best player and the best OT in the league until it's mainstream or probably that Becton guy in NY breaks out, whichever is first. Looks like he's really hit his stride in this league and it even seems like the Texans' offense works more around him than Watson


The Giants in desperate need to protect an aging Eli Manning skipped over Tunsil and picked Eli Apple instead. Bonkers.


I'm convinced the Giants were going to take Leonard Floyd (was a popular pick in mocks) and the Bears screwed them by trading in front of them for him, and they panic picked Apple. Nevermind the fact that the Bears should have actually picked Tunsil as well.
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8846
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 811
x 859

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby TomtheBombadil » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:42 am

OleMissCub wrote:In a gas mask no less!!!


Yes exactly, can't just take the near consensus best player in the draft if he's out gallivanting around mixing gas masks and street drugs probably dancing
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 38323
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1454
x 1914

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby OleMissCub » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:16 am

Speaking of Tunsil. What a shove

0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 72704
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1464
x 3196

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby Derwood » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:19 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:"You thugs need to protest non-violently and showing more respect!"

"O.K.....we'll do....this...."



"NOOOO!!! Not like that! This isn't the time or place! Maybe you just should protest silently."


It’s almost like it was never about kneeling or the anthem at all
0 x

jumbo
Starter
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:37 am
x 399
x 18

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby jumbo » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:19 pm

rawaction wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:
TomtheBombadil wrote:I'll keep insisting Tunsil is the Texans' best player and the best OT in the league until it's mainstream or probably that Becton guy in NY breaks out, whichever is first. Looks like he's really hit his stride in this league and it even seems like the Texans' offense works more around him than Watson


The Giants in desperate need to protect an aging Eli Manning skipped over Tunsil and picked Eli Apple instead. Bonkers.


I'm convinced the Giants were going to take Leonard Floyd (was a popular pick in mocks) and the Bears screwed them by trading in front of them for him, and they panic picked Apple. Nevermind the fact that the Bears should have actually picked Tunsil as well.


I remember this draft. When the trade up happened I assumed Tunsil would be the pick.
0 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 35487
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 1035
x 7276

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:22 pm

Derwood wrote:ME: Oh, right, NFL starts tonight. I’ll check it out

*Two minutes later*

ME: ehhhhhh, I wonder what else is on

Same
0 x
Image

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8846
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 811
x 859

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:55 pm

Sean McDermott seems alright. The evidence:

- He's wearing a mask on the sideline
- He went for it on 4th and close, like everyone should do all the time

Too bad his QB is Josh Allen*

*He converted the 4th down, they're up 14-0 in the second

Also that Diggs trade was good
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 72704
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1464
x 3196

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby Derwood » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:07 pm

The box scores are making my head spin. So many QBs in new places
0 x

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 33234
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:02 am
Location: West Michigan
x 1030

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby Andy » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:59 pm

I've spent the last 8 months slobbering all over the Matt Rhule hire and he gives the ball to Alex Armah on 4th and inches with the game on the line. WTF.

This year doesn't really matter because the team sucks, and from that perspective there was a decent amount to like, but man, letting it get away like that is a bummer
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24175
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am
x 944
x 2402

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby 17 Seconds » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:47 pm

do you think the "end racism" shirts will be enough to do the job? i'm skeptical
0 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 19138
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: I CANT BREATHE
x 2617
x 1040

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:07 pm

watching Bruce Arians team implode warms my heart
0 x
Image

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 14440
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 2643
x 1634

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:42 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:watching Bruce Arians team implode warms my heart

Uh, it's a Tom Brady team, now.

Still a valid heartwarming sentiment.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 29958
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 44
x 5728
Contact:

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby Brian » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:06 pm

Browns sign Cody Parkey
0 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 14440
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 2643
x 1634

Re: NFL Week 1

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:55 pm

Bookmark this for when NFL owners start crying poor because of the pandemic:

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/447 ... -Contracts
0 x
Image


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests