Blackhawks 2021?

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24270
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am
x 958
x 2488

Re: Blackhawks 2021?

Postby 17 Seconds » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:19 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:https://twitter.com/chartinghockey/status/1315070199415083015?s=21


break this down for me
0 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24270
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am
x 958
x 2488

Re: Blackhawks 2021?

Postby 17 Seconds » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:25 pm

Tim wrote:
17 Seconds wrote:
Tim wrote:Not just my opinion...



i can post the opinions of others too.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ ... m.2784455/

most avs fans seem to be negative or neutral on the trade

i'm not saying i think it's good or bad. i think it's about what he was expected to get in return.

If the Hawks are rebuilding, this doesn't help them at all. They get nothing for the future for one of their first line forwards on a reasonable contract.

If they're playing for next year, then they traded one of their first line forwards for a second or third line defenseman. They even kept ownership of $1M of Saad's contract here, so the deal didn't free up much room under the cap. Z is fine, but there probably will be defensemen available in free agency that would provide equivalent production for the same or lower cost due to the depressed mid-range of the market this year. Then you could still trade Saad for picks/prospects and have the picks/prospects and the average defenseman.

This was just dumb.


they should be rebuilding, I'm not arguing that. but I disagree with saad helping them more if they're trying to win now. zadorov helps this team more, and at 25, you could still re-sign him. our biggest need going forward is defensemen. saad at 5-6 mil or whatever he'll get doeant really work with this roster going forward.

so if you want to complain about them having no plan, go ahead. we're going nowhere. but as far as value goes, this was a whatever trade.
0 x

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 46003
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:02 pm
Location: Naperville, IL
x 86
x 2885
Contact:

Re: Blackhawks 2021?

Postby Tim » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:19 pm

17 Seconds wrote:
Tim wrote:
17 Seconds wrote:
i can post the opinions of others too.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ ... m.2784455/

most avs fans seem to be negative or neutral on the trade

i'm not saying i think it's good or bad. i think it's about what he was expected to get in return.

If the Hawks are rebuilding, this doesn't help them at all. They get nothing for the future for one of their first line forwards on a reasonable contract.

If they're playing for next year, then they traded one of their first line forwards for a second or third line defenseman. They even kept ownership of $1M of Saad's contract here, so the deal didn't free up much room under the cap. Z is fine, but there probably will be defensemen available in free agency that would provide equivalent production for the same or lower cost due to the depressed mid-range of the market this year. Then you could still trade Saad for picks/prospects and have the picks/prospects and the average defenseman.

This was just dumb.


they should be rebuilding, I'm not arguing that. but I disagree with saad helping them more if they're trying to win now. zadorov helps this team more, and at 25, you could still re-sign him. our biggest need going forward is defensemen. saad at 5-6 mil or whatever he'll get doeant really work with this roster going forward.

so if you want to complain about them having no plan, go ahead. we're going nowhere. but as far as value goes, this was a whatever trade.

I'm complaining about the stupidity of the trade more than the particular player we got.
0 x
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 62116
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3402
x 11931

Re: Blackhawks 2021?

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:32 pm



0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24270
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am
x 958
x 2488

Re: Blackhawks 2021?

Postby 17 Seconds » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:30 am

whoa, toews has been traded to colorado

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/301 ... rade-isles
2 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 19378
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: I CANT BREATHE
x 2819
x 1087

Re: Blackhawks 2021?

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:53 am

Focker
0 x
Image

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 19378
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: I CANT BREATHE
x 2819
x 1087

Re: Blackhawks 2021?

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:53 am

Focker
0 x
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 62116
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3402
x 11931

Re: Blackhawks 2021?

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:49 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 19378
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: I CANT BREATHE
x 2819
x 1087

Re: Blackhawks 2021?

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:19 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:https://twitter.com/jayzawaski670/status/1318284361624653825?s=21



" ladies and gentleman, we're headed straight DOWN as an organization.

thank you"
0 x
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 62116
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3402
x 11931

Re: Blackhawks 2021?

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:31 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 62116
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3402
x 11931

Re: Blackhawks 2021?

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:20 pm

The rebuild is on

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 81150
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 3494
x 5455
Contact:

Re: Blackhawks 2021?

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:53 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:The rebuild is on



Granted I only skimmed this but is this committing to an all out rebuild? Doesn't seem like they are going to be trading off Kane and Toews at this point based on the wording but i could be reading it wrong.
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 14770
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 2937
x 1750

Re: Blackhawks 2021?

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:49 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:The rebuild is on



Granted I only skimmed this but is this committing to an all out rebuild? Doesn't seem like they are going to be trading off Kane and Toews at this point based on the wording but i could be reading it wrong.

I'm fairly ignorant to the typical team building of a NHL org. I know a guy like Toews has fallen off a lot, but a guy like Kane... does it make more sense that he sticks out a rebuild and becomes part of the next core, or is dismantling every last piece that can get value the better way to do it?
0 x
Image

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24270
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am
x 958
x 2488

Re: Blackhawks 2021?

Postby 17 Seconds » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:56 pm

a real rebuild starts with trading kane
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 62116
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3402
x 11931

Re: Blackhawks 2021?

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:01 pm

I think calling it a rebuild is a great way to incentivize some guys to talk about buy outs, retirement or removing no movement tags.

A full "trade Kane" rebuild is kind of pointless in a sport like hockey when so many teams make that playoffs and the finals are not preordained in a NBA style. There's nothing wrong with going halfway with the rebuild and trying to load up on young guys for the final years of Toews, Kane and Keith with hopes of maybe surprising people in a year or two.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 81150
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 3494
x 5455
Contact:

Re: Blackhawks 2021?

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:02 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:The rebuild is on



Granted I only skimmed this but is this committing to an all out rebuild? Doesn't seem like they are going to be trading off Kane and Toews at this point based on the wording but i could be reading it wrong.

I'm fairly ignorant to the typical team building of a NHL org. I know a guy like Toews has fallen off a lot, but a guy like Kane... does it make more sense that he sticks out a rebuild and becomes part of the next core, or is dismantling every last piece that can get value the better way to do it?


I am also fairly ignorant but it does seem like hockey players decline a bit slower than other sports. I think Kane is fine to keep as a piece for your next run. Toews actually had a pretty decent season I believe...certainly not at his peak but he's a solid piece still and continues to bring things like defense and winning faceoffs.

Now should both be available in a full rebuild? Sure, but my point is that Kane and Toews won't necessarily be too old to be pieces in a future contention window.
0 x
Win it for Fred

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24270
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am
x 958
x 2488

Re: Blackhawks 2021?

Postby 17 Seconds » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:21 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:I think calling it a rebuild is a great way to incentivize some guys to talk about buy outs, retirement or removing no movement tags.

A full "trade Kane" rebuild is kind of pointless in a sport like hockey when so many teams make that playoffs and the finals are not preordained in a NBA style. There's nothing wrong with going halfway with the rebuild and trying to load up on young guys for the final years of Toews, Kane and Keith with hopes of maybe surprising people in a year or two.


i don't see a realistic way to build a cup contender with toews/kane/keith/seabrook still on the books. i think they had their chance to do the reboot over the couple years, but stan blew it. i just don't see them contending before kane is a FA and/or no longer elite, and i think he would get a hefty package right now.
0 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 14770
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 2937
x 1750

Re: Blackhawks 2021?

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:29 pm

17 Seconds wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:I think calling it a rebuild is a great way to incentivize some guys to talk about buy outs, retirement or removing no movement tags.

A full "trade Kane" rebuild is kind of pointless in a sport like hockey when so many teams make that playoffs and the finals are not preordained in a NBA style. There's nothing wrong with going halfway with the rebuild and trying to load up on young guys for the final years of Toews, Kane and Keith with hopes of maybe surprising people in a year or two.


i don't see a realistic way to build a cup contender with toews/kane/keith/seabrook still on the books. i think they had their chance to do the reboot over the couple years, but stan blew it. i just don't see them contending before kane is a FA and/or no longer elite, and i think he would get a hefty package right now.

Its 3 years for each of those guys right? Is it not possible the tail end or the rebuild coincides with the end of those deals and then new team friendly deals negotiated as that freed up money goes elsewhere to supplement a youth movement?
0 x
Image

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 46003
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:02 pm
Location: Naperville, IL
x 86
x 2885
Contact:

Re: Blackhawks 2021?

Postby Tim » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:25 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
17 Seconds wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:I think calling it a rebuild is a great way to incentivize some guys to talk about buy outs, retirement or removing no movement tags.

A full "trade Kane" rebuild is kind of pointless in a sport like hockey when so many teams make that playoffs and the finals are not preordained in a NBA style. There's nothing wrong with going halfway with the rebuild and trying to load up on young guys for the final years of Toews, Kane and Keith with hopes of maybe surprising people in a year or two.


i don't see a realistic way to build a cup contender with toews/kane/keith/seabrook still on the books. i think they had their chance to do the reboot over the couple years, but stan blew it. i just don't see them contending before kane is a FA and/or no longer elite, and i think he would get a hefty package right now.

Its 3 years for each of those guys right? Is it not possible the tail end or the rebuild coincides with the end of those deals and then new team friendly deals negotiated as that freed up money goes elsewhere to supplement a youth movement?

Seabrook is one extra year
0 x
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 14770
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 2937
x 1750

Re: Blackhawks 2021?

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:30 pm

https://theathletic.com/2154673/2020/10 ... ed-article

Tldr:
None of Kane, Toews, Keit, Seabrook likely to be moved. Definitely not Kane or Toews. Seabrook only shot would be with expansion Seattle. Keith doesn't want a full rebuild, but if everyone else is staying he prob will, but don't expect full rebuild.
0 x
Image


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests