NFL Week 8

User avatar
rawaction
Hall of Fame
Posts: 35375
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 11:04 pm
x 853
x 965

NFL Week 8

Postby rawaction » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:50 pm

There are games and stuff that happened and are happening.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk
0 x

User avatar
rawaction
Hall of Fame
Posts: 35375
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 11:04 pm
x 853
x 965

Re: NFL Week 8

Postby rawaction » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:51 pm

Decent teams being beat by inferior teams are the theme of week 8 so far.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9315
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 918
x 927

Re: NFL Week 8

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:58 pm

Article tease on CBS.com:

Image

This is the headline because those last forever:

Ravens offensive tackle Ronnie Stanley carted off the field after suffering scary lower body injury in Week 8


This is the tagline below the headline:

The Ravens signed Stanley to a lucrative five-year extension last week


This is the second sentence of the article:

Stanley, who on Friday signed a five-year, $99 million extension, had his left leg placed in an air cast before he was carted off the field. Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, Stanley has officially been ruled out of the game and designated with an ankle injury.


No other fact about Stanley is stated more than once lol, "lucrative" I would think is subjective language
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6751
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 6817
x 2994

Re: NFL Week 8

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:23 pm

3 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 73382
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1546
x 3366

Re: NFL Week 8

Postby Derwood » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:26 pm

That Dolphins box score is something else. One look and you would assume Miami lost by three touchdowns
0 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 35882
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 1095
x 7819

Re: NFL Week 8

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:39 pm

Derwood wrote:That Dolphins box score is something else. One look and you would assume Miami lost by three touchdowns

A couple extra turnovers certainly helps.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 35882
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 1095
x 7819

Re: NFL Week 8

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:03 pm

The hits keep coming for the 9ers.

0 x
Image

User avatar
rawaction
Hall of Fame
Posts: 35375
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 11:04 pm
x 853
x 965

Re: NFL Week 8

Postby rawaction » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:07 pm

Can't find where I read it, but I read earlier that Tyreke Hill is tied with Randy Moss for most TDs over 40 yards in NFL history (23). If this is true, that's freaking insane for a 26-year old in his 4th season.
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9315
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 918
x 927

Re: NFL Week 8

Postby TomtheBombadil » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:19 pm

The disrespect in this one is so good:



G'damn Jets
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 35882
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 1095
x 7819

Re: NFL Week 8

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:51 pm

I'm always dancing just like #95 there, and my GD girlfriend is always telling me to stop.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 33394
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:02 am
Location: West Michigan
x 1076

Re: NFL Week 8

Postby Andy » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:43 pm

rawaction wrote:Can't find where I read it, but I read earlier that Tyreke Hill is tied with Randy Moss for most TDs over 40 yards in NFL history (23). If this is true, that's freaking insane for a 26-year old in his 4th season.

They showed that graphic on RedZone the other day. Incredible statistic.
0 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 35882
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 1095
x 7819

Re: NFL Week 8

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:53 pm

So the 49ers have 82 people on IR and now everyone else has COVID.
0 x
Image

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 38648
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1537
x 2097

Re: NFL Week 8

Postby OleMissCub » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:57 pm

Dude just ate a blindside hit and didn’t move. :eek:

0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 73382
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1546
x 3366

Re: NFL Week 8

Postby Derwood » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:49 am

I hope whoever bet on the Saints tonight laid the points
0 x

soccer10k
Hall of Fame
Posts: 39012
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:21 pm
Location: Sacramento
x 1685

Re: NFL Week 8

Postby soccer10k » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:59 am

Derwood wrote:I hope whoever bet on the Saints tonight laid the points


Saints were getting points tonight.
0 x
In Theo we trust.

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 73382
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1546
x 3366

Re: NFL Week 8

Postby Derwood » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:11 am

soccer10k wrote:
Derwood wrote:I hope whoever bet on the Saints tonight laid the points


Saints were getting points tonight.


Let me pretend to know what I'm talking about
3 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5387
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 1540
x 1190
Contact:

Re: NFL Week 8

Postby NOLA » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:20 am

0 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24378
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am
x 966
x 2611

Re: NFL Week 8

Postby 17 Seconds » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:42 am

the tom brady crud meter finally maxed out
0 x

soccer10k
Hall of Fame
Posts: 39012
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:21 pm
Location: Sacramento
x 1685

Re: NFL Week 8

Postby soccer10k » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:49 am

I'll preface this by saying the Jets would have lost in OT anyway but...

End of regulation, tie game, Pats have the ball 2nd and 10 from their own 47 with 8 seconds left and they have a time out. They run a play in the middle of the field and the receiver catches the ball while going to the ground without being touched. Rather than just let the time run out, the Jets run to touch the Pats receiver down, thereby allowing the Pats to call a timeout and kick a game winning field goal. No way the Pats receiver gets up and runs out of bounds before the clock runs out.

Prior to that, the Jets had the ball up 7 with 6 minutes left but Flacco threw a pick on their first play. Then, after getting the ball back in a tie game with just under two minutes left, the Jets neither ran the clock down enough nor moved the ball, gaining three yards on three plays before punting (they also had a 2nd and 2 but lost 5 yards on the next two plays).
0 x
In Theo we trust.

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 15082
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 3283
x 1847

Re: NFL Week 8

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:21 am

soccer10k wrote:I'll preface this by saying the Jets would have lost in OT anyway but...

End of regulation, tie game, Pats have the ball 2nd and 10 from their own 47 with 8 seconds left and they have a time out. They run a play in the middle of the field and the receiver catches the ball while going to the ground without being touched. Rather than just let the time run out, the Jets run to touch the Pats receiver down, thereby allowing the Pats to call a timeout and kick a game winning field goal. No way the Pats receiver gets up and runs out of bounds before the clock runs out.

If the receiver gave himself up by going to the ground it's a dead ball and they can call a TO.

Section 2 Dead Ball Article 1: Dead Ball Declared. An official shall declare the ball dead and the down ended:
...
(e) when a runner is out of bounds, or declares himself down by falling to the ground, or kneeling, and making no effort to advance; or
0 x
Image

soccer10k
Hall of Fame
Posts: 39012
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:21 pm
Location: Sacramento
x 1685

Re: NFL Week 8

Postby soccer10k » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:46 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
soccer10k wrote:I'll preface this by saying the Jets would have lost in OT anyway but...

End of regulation, tie game, Pats have the ball 2nd and 10 from their own 47 with 8 seconds left and they have a time out. They run a play in the middle of the field and the receiver catches the ball while going to the ground without being touched. Rather than just let the time run out, the Jets run to touch the Pats receiver down, thereby allowing the Pats to call a timeout and kick a game winning field goal. No way the Pats receiver gets up and runs out of bounds before the clock runs out.

If the receiver gave himself up by going to the ground it's a dead ball and they can call a TO.

Section 2 Dead Ball Article 1: Dead Ball Declared. An official shall declare the ball dead and the down ended:
...
(e) when a runner is out of bounds, or declares himself down by falling to the ground, or kneeling, and making no effort to advance; or


He caught the ball while going to the ground and the Jets touched him down before he had a chance to either get up or give himself up. It’s the Pats so decent chance the receiver would have known to give himself up.
0 x
In Theo we trust.

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 15082
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 3283
x 1847

Re: NFL Week 8

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:23 pm

soccer10k wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
soccer10k wrote:I'll preface this by saying the Jets would have lost in OT anyway but...

End of regulation, tie game, Pats have the ball 2nd and 10 from their own 47 with 8 seconds left and they have a time out. They run a play in the middle of the field and the receiver catches the ball while going to the ground without being touched. Rather than just let the time run out, the Jets run to touch the Pats receiver down, thereby allowing the Pats to call a timeout and kick a game winning field goal. No way the Pats receiver gets up and runs out of bounds before the clock runs out.

If the receiver gave himself up by going to the ground it's a dead ball and they can call a TO.

Section 2 Dead Ball Article 1: Dead Ball Declared. An official shall declare the ball dead and the down ended:
...
(e) when a runner is out of bounds, or declares himself down by falling to the ground, or kneeling, and making no effort to advance; or


He caught the ball while going to the ground and the Jets touched him down before he had a chance to either get up or give himself up. It’s the Pats so decent chance the receiver would have known to give himself up.

Gotcha. Yea the D should know either way, but sounds like it wasn't definite the O knew either, but it's not like the O had to get out of hounds like initially phrased either.

I remember this happened last year with the Bears. Arob gave himself up at the end up the Broncos game in a similar situation, and when doing so made some incidental contact with the defender. People made a big deal like it was some genius move to dive into the defender, but really as long as he gave himself up, they could call the TO.
0 x
Image


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], gflore34, Soul, tfarks and 5 guests