Week 10: Vikings @ Bears on MNF

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Week 10: Vikings @ Bears on MNF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:41 pm

Last edited by jersey cubs fan on Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Thed Hoyerstein
All-Star

Re: Week 10: I don’t know who they’re playing

Postby Thed Hoyerstein » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:42 pm

now I'm interested in watching
0 x
“So my threshold is: ‘Is this a noodle?’”

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:19 pm

Thed Hoyerstein wrote:now I'm interested in watching

Hate to burst your bubble but he wasn't a good PC in Cincy or Mia.
0 x
"It was kind of weird to look in the mirror the first time I tried my hat on." - Mark Bellhorn

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:50 pm

UK wrote:

he'll probably suck here too, but the non-zero chance of improving is better than getting more of what we already know in Nagy
0 x
Win it for Fred

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Re: Week 10: Vikings @ Bears on MNF

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:21 pm

I'm actually shocked. Didn't think Nagy had it in him to give up playcalling.
1 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:34 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:I'm actually shocked. Didn't think Nagy had it in him to give up playcalling.

I have a hard time believing any head coach who calls plays willingly gives it up
0 x

Sosa21MVP
5-Time All-Star

Postby Sosa21MVP » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:39 am

UMFan83 wrote:
UK wrote:

he'll probably suck here too, but the non-zero chance of improving is better than getting more of what we already know in Nagy

That is my thought process as well. I'm buried deep in a mound of apathy so I will take any minute chance of improvement as an excuse to waste 3 more hours of my life on Monday night. :hello:
0 x

Omar
Superstar

Postby Omar » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:44 am

https://yousguys.net/

I want to try the Nick Foles Cheesesteak from this place. (Shaved Beef Rib-eye & Prosciutto de Parma seared with onions & topped with sharp Provolone cheese)

I bet it tastes great at first, but then has a disappointing aftertaste.
0 x
┌( ◔_◔)┘

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:24 pm

I didn't think Nagy's playcalling was bad, per se. My issues with him was short yardage calls, situational awareness, and the hockey line change mass substitutions after a successful play, allowing the defense to adjust personnel. But my best hope for this move is that we get fewer bad timeouts because it takes the play too long to get in, which has been a 3-year issue. And we get the offense to the line faster to prevent a defense from challenging and vice versa, removing the extra burden allows Nagy to challenge some things he should.

As for the game, I'm interested to see if it's the same old Bears vs. the same old Vikings. Nagy is 4-0 vs. the Vikings. Kirk Cousins is 0-3 vs. the Bears as a Viking, and I believe is like 0-5 on MNF. He's been particularly bad at Soldier Field. It really hasn't mattered how good these teams have been either. 2018, a good Bears team beat a mediocre Vikings team twice. 2019, the roles were reversed and the Bears still won both. This year, both are mediocre but trending in opposite directions. Dalvin Cook's best game against the Bears is 11 carries for 39 yards. And while the Bears run D hasn't been great this year, it's trending in the right direction and they did a pretty good job last week against Henry.

When the Bears are on offense, the Vikings' best pass rusher is now on another team. They have what are among the worst CBs in the league. But the Titans didn't have a strong front 4 either and they dominated the Bears. I don't know who is starting on the Bears OL. I don't know if Montgomery is going to play. But I know the OL won't be good. I thought Nagy called a good game last week accounting for his bad OL. But Foles kinda crapped his pants when pressured, even though some of those were warranted.

Not sure what to expect anymore other than offensive failure, but this is probably the key game of the season. A loss moves the Bears to 5-5 and the first 4-game losing streak of the Nagy era, and would be the official "beginning of the end" for this team and possibly this regime as I'd expect a downward spiral to continue. A win moves them to 6-4 going into the bye week, and with the Rams playing the Seahawks and the Cards playing the Bills there's a good chance a win puts the Bears a 1/2 game up for a playoff spot over both teams. Plus, a win here probably means a win later against the Vikings (because at that point they'd lose anything to play for and it'll be clear the Bears have their number). And it'd give me confidence for wins against Detroit, Jacksonville and Houston to get them to a 10-win season, which SHOULD be enough to get them an extra game in January.
1 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:06 pm

Omar wrote:https://yousguys.net/

I want to try the Nick Foles Cheesesteak from this place. (Shaved Beef Rib-eye & Prosciutto de Parma seared with onions & topped with sharp Provolone cheese)

I bet it tastes great at first, but then has a disappointing aftertaste.

I bet it looks horsefeathering terrible, everyone will tell you its horsefeathering terrible, but desperate for rewarding taste you'll try anyway. And on brand, it will be horsefeathering terrible
1 x

jumbo
Starter

Postby jumbo » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:54 pm

Biggs says these guys are out

Montgomery, hopefully Lamar Miller will suit up
Trubisky
Jenkins
McManis

Questionable
Whitehair
Kmet
Spriggs
Mingo
Robinson

Doubtful Mustihper

Best case OLine looks like
Leno
Bars/Coward
Whitehair
Ifedi
Spriggs
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:36 pm

jumbo wrote:Biggs says these guys are out

Montgomery, hopefully Lamar Miller will suit up
Trubisky
Jenkins
McManis

Questionable
Whitehair
Kmet
Spriggs
Mingo
Robinson

Doubtful Mustihper

Best case OLine looks like
Leno
Bars/Coward
Whitehair
Ifedi
Spriggs

Don't forget recently signed, Eric Kush. I'd rather see him out there than Coward. Hell, I'd rather see my mom at LG than Coward.
1 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:07 pm

rawaction wrote:Not sure what to expect anymore other than offensive failure, but this is probably the key game of the season. A loss moves the Bears to 5-5 and the first 4-game losing streak of the Nagy era, and would be the official "beginning of the end" for this team and possibly this regime as I'd expect a downward spiral to continue. A win moves them to 6-4 going into the bye week, and with the Rams playing the Seahawks and the Cards playing the Bills there's a good chance a win puts the Bears a 1/2 game up for a playoff spot over both teams. Plus, a win here probably means a win later against the Vikings (because at that point they'd lose anything to play for and it'll be clear the Bears have their number). And it'd give me confidence for wins against Detroit, Jacksonville and Houston to get them to a 10-win season, which SHOULD be enough to get them an extra game in January.

Well the Rams and Cards both won, so the Bears need to win just to keep pace. Also, Detroit won so a loss could mean the Bears could very well be in last place in the NFC North if they can't beat Green Bay coming out the bye.
0 x

Soul
Resident Cat Lady

Postby Soul » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:23 pm

rawaction wrote:
rawaction wrote:Not sure what to expect anymore other than offensive failure, but this is probably the key game of the season. A loss moves the Bears to 5-5 and the first 4-game losing streak of the Nagy era, and would be the official "beginning of the end" for this team and possibly this regime as I'd expect a downward spiral to continue. A win moves them to 6-4 going into the bye week, and with the Rams playing the Seahawks and the Cards playing the Bills there's a good chance a win puts the Bears a 1/2 game up for a playoff spot over both teams. Plus, a win here probably means a win later against the Vikings (because at that point they'd lose anything to play for and it'll be clear the Bears have their number). And it'd give me confidence for wins against Detroit, Jacksonville and Houston to get them to a 10-win season, which SHOULD be enough to get them an extra game in January.

Well the Rams and Cards both won, so the Bears need to win just to keep pace. Also, Detroit won so a loss could mean the Bears could very well be in last place in the NFC North if they can't beat Green Bay coming out the bye.

I had a good deal of optimism heading into this 4 week stretch leading up to the bye. I was hoping we would manage a 2-2 record by surprising one of the first 3 and then beat MIN tonight. Came so close in that NO game but it didn’t happen. Now tonight feels like the season.

Not where I was hoping we’d be. Oh well, win tonight and there’s still a decent chance.
0 x
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:59 pm

Yeah, tonight's definitely the season. Win and still 1/2 game out of a playoff spot (and 1 game away from Tampa who they beat). Lose and they're closer to the non-disaster teams in purgatory with them like Detroit, Minnesota, and SF.
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:49 pm

Is it wrong that I hope they lose and put Trubisky in the rest of the year?
0 x
"It was kind of weird to look in the mirror the first time I tried my hat on." - Mark Bellhorn

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:01 pm

UK wrote:Is it wrong that I hope they lose and put Trubisky in the rest of the year?

the only wrong part is trubisky probably won't be available for a while
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:05 pm

0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:12 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
UK wrote:Is it wrong that I hope they lose and put Trubisky in the rest of the year?

the only wrong part is trubisky probably won't be available for a while

I had to Google it, I had no idea he got hurt. Idiot Bears.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:35 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1328413003667083265?s=21

Think it was the 1.2 Yards per carry average this year?

They paid him $158,333 for each rush/pass yard on the year. :?
0 x

gflore34
All-Star

Postby gflore34 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:54 pm

Think they'll probably lose and we're headed to yet another iteration of GM, HC and QB. Under the current ownership don't know if they'll ever get it right, the Bears being sold may be the best hope for a franchise QB, etc.
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:25 pm

gflore34 wrote:Think they'll probably lose and we're headed to yet another iteration of GM, HC and QB. Under the current ownership don't know if they'll ever get it right, the Bears being sold may be the best hope for a franchise QB, etc.

The flaw isn't the ownership, there's nothing they did as far philosophy that I can disagree with.

They hired a young GM with a diverse fb background who hired Fox (which was a mistake) but followed it up with.a young offensive minded coach and traded up to get a QB with the #2 pick.

I'm all for rebuilding (and getting rid of this group) because who they hired were poor but the thinking behind it wasn't.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:30 pm

UK wrote:
gflore34 wrote:Think they'll probably lose and we're headed to yet another iteration of GM, HC and QB. Under the current ownership don't know if they'll ever get it right, the Bears being sold may be the best hope for a franchise QB, etc.

The flaw isn't the ownership, there's nothing they did as far philosophy that I can disagree with.

They hired a young GM with a diverse fb background who hired Fox (which was a mistake) but followed it up with.a young offensive minded coach and traded up to get a QB with the #2 pick.

I'm all for rebuilding (and getting rid of this group) because who they hired were poor but the thinking behind it wasn't.

The Emery hire absolutely was a disaster you can lay at the hands of ownership. Other than that though, they haven't been making the decisions that doom the team. They were relatively quick to move on from that hire though.
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:39 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
UK wrote:

The Emery hire absolutely was a disaster you can lay at the hands of ownership. Other than that though, they haven't been making the decisions that doom the team. They were relatively quick to move on from that hire though.

Agreed, they've made bad choices and made poor philosophical choices but they've made steps to improve that, I hope they continue with progression with hires like Pace compared to Emery, Hatley, Angelo, etc.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:58 pm

Angelo was not a bad hire.

Letting Mark Hatley draft picks for a team they all knew he was not going to lead was a bad decision though. That was the Michael years I believe.
0 x

Return to “Other Sports”