Week 10: Vikings @ Bears on MNF

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Re: Week 10: Vikings @ Bears on MNF

Postby rawaction » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:14 am

Two weeks to get healthy and save the season, MItchell. LETS GOOOOOO!
0 x

Soul
Resident Cat Lady

Postby Soul » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:14 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Derwood wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Bray isn't the answer

It really depends on the question.

LOL
0 x
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:15 am

Positives of this game,

I feel like I can pull back in the "worst 5-x team ever". Line again.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:15 am

You know there are a few teams that it’s more embarrassing to be a fan of than the Bears but that list is not long
0 x
Win it for Fred

Wilson A2000
Superstar

Postby Wilson A2000 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:15 am

Everybody’s fired
2 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:17 am

Imagine how much better this season would be if they didn’t have those miraculous comebacks against the Lions and Falcons, Brady remembered it was 4th down and the Bears gave up a TD on the last play of the game against the Giants. They’d be 1-9 and we’d be excited talking about the possibility of getting Lawrence, a new coach and a new GM.

Instead we will pick 12th, keep Nagy and Pace and probably bring back Foles for lack of a better option and hope that a healthy offensive line and a 3rd round RB are enough to turn the offense around.
3 x
Win it for Fred

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:18 am

Call Louis Riddick over to the owners box and hand him the GM job right now. And then call Carolina and tell Joe Brady to work on his interview skills.
3 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:18 am

To the people who defend Nagy's coaching record as a reason not to fire him, please watch this game tonight. Also, look at the talent out there and try and defend Pace too. Yes, both can be bad at the same time.
0 x
"It was kind of weird to look in the mirror the first time I tried my hat on." - Mark Bellhorn

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:22 am

I cant lie, I was cheering more for Dalvin Cook getting fantasy points than I was for the Bears from opening kickoff. It’s not that I’m not a Bears fan, it just feels so hopeless and the Bears seem so far away from even having a clue that I’ve lost interest.
2 x
Win it for Fred

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:23 am

rawaction wrote:
rawaction wrote:1st half PHI
1st half GB
2nd half GB
1st half Denver
2nd half Washington (28-3 lead at half)
2nd half Min
1st half Oak
1st half NOLA
1st half LAC
1st half PHI
1st half LAR
1st half NYG
1st half GB
1st half KC
2nd half KC
1st half MIN
1st half DET
2nd half NYG
1st half IND
1st half LAR
2nd half LAR
1st half TEN
1st half MIN

23 times in last 27 games the Bears have gone at least half the game without an offensive TD.

2nd half MIN.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:25 am

UMFan83 wrote:I cant lie, I was cheering more for Dalvin Cook getting fantasy points than I was for the Bears from opening kickoff. It’s not that I’m not a Bears fan, it just feels so hopeless and the Bears seem so far away from even having a clue that I’ve lost interest.

No shame in that, my man.
1 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:31 am

rawaction wrote:
rawaction wrote:
rawaction wrote:1st half PHI
1st half GB
2nd half GB
1st half Denver
2nd half Washington (28-3 lead at half)
2nd half Min
1st half Oak
1st half NOLA
1st half LAC
1st half PHI
1st half LAR
1st half NYG
1st half GB
1st half KC
2nd half KC
1st half MIN
1st half DET
2nd half NYG
1st half IND
1st half LAR
2nd half LAR
1st half TEN
1st half MIN

23 times in last 27 games the Bears have gone at least half the game without an offensive TD.

2nd half MIN.

0 x
Screw Pitchers

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:35 am

So the Bears played on MNF 2 of the last 4 weeks and didn’t score a single offensive TD lmao
0 x
Win it for Fred

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:37 am

UMFan83 wrote:You know there are a few teams that it’s more embarrassing to be a fan of than the Bears but that list is not long

There’s like 7 teams in the nfl alone, including one in their division.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:51 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:You know there are a few teams that it’s more embarrassing to be a fan of than the Bears but that list is not long

Definitely:

Lions
Browns
Jets
Bengals
Football Team (won a SB more recently but have been a trainwreck on and off the field for a long time)

Maybe/Probably:

Jaguars (haven’t been around long enough)
Dolphins (at least they had a real offense with Marino into the late 90s)
Raiders (meh)
Chargers

Ok so there’s a few but the Bears are amongst the majority of them.

Criteria for this list is proprietary and is inarguably correct
0 x
Win it for Fred

Cubfanintheknow
All-Star

Postby Cubfanintheknow » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:58 am

UMFan83 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

Definitely:

Lions
Browns
Jets
Bengals
Football Team (won a SB more recently but have been a trainwreck on and off the field for a long time)

Maybe/Probably:

Jaguars (haven’t been around long enough)
Dolphins (at least they had a real offense with Marino into the late 90s)
Raiders (meh)
Chargers

Ok so there’s a few but the Bears are amongst the majority of them.

Criteria for this list is proprietary and is inarguably correct

This is like a paramecium and an amoeba arguing over who’s lower on the food chain.
0 x

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:07 am

UMFan83 wrote:I cant lie, I was cheering more for Dalvin Cook getting fantasy points than I was for the Bears from opening kickoff. It’s not that I’m not a Bears fan, it just feels so hopeless and the Bears seem so far away from even having a clue that I’ve lost interest.

I was actively rooting for them to lose and I'm not sorry. This isn't baseball where anyone can win a short series. The only thing this team would be in the playoffs is fodder for the first truly good team they met.

This team desperately needs to tear it down and start over, and a win total that gives Pace another chance to overpay for a shiny defensive bauble in the offseason and trade another draft pick is actively detrimental to the team's success.
0 x

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:11 am

UMFan83 wrote:Imagine how much better this season would be if they didn’t have those miraculous comebacks against the Lions and Falcons, Brady remembered it was 4th down and the Bears gave up a TD on the last play of the game against the Giants. They’d be 1-9 and we’d be excited talking about the possibility of getting Lawrence, a new coach and a new GM.

Instead we will pick 12th, keep Nagy and Pace and probably bring back Foles for lack of a better option and hope that a healthy offensive line and a 3rd round RB are enough to turn the offense around.

Bold of you to assume we will be making that pick. We'll trade it for a 29-year-old d-lineman.

Obviously this is the NFL and you can always cut guys, but this team already has $117m in cap space committed next season to defense alone. And that's with only 4 DL under contract.
1 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:22 am

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:Imagine how much better this season would be if they didn’t have those miraculous comebacks against the Lions and Falcons, Brady remembered it was 4th down and the Bears gave up a TD on the last play of the game against the Giants. They’d be 1-9 and we’d be excited talking about the possibility of getting Lawrence, a new coach and a new GM.

Bold of you to assume we will be making that pick. We'll trade it for a 29-year-old d-lineman.

Obviously this is the NFL and you can always cut guys, but this team already has $117m in cap space committed next season to defense alone. And that's with only 4 DL under contract.

Yea and a lot of the cap is dead and they have a very small number under contract, so there isn't really even much to blow up. More just about letting FAs walk, maybe pick up some comp picks and try to string two strong drafts together for a quick rebuild (if you can find a QB).

I'm down the rabbit hole of GM candidates now. Apparently one of the Bears own guys, Champ Kelly, is a hot target (interviewed for Jets GM job in 2019). Read a few articles and there's actually some intriguing sounding things about him. Came over to the Bears by way of recommendation of Fox. Apparently a strong mix of analytics and scouting.

I just want to know if he was one of the FO guys who apparently preferred Mahomes. If he was, I say, worth a shot. Go more with the "redirection" than blowup route.
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:29 am

I honestly had no idea that Barkevious Mingo had duped the Bears into a contract. He's a great example of how valuable it is in pro sports to simply be big and fast at a premium position, is probably one of the worst players to ever to both go in the first round and (eventually) last a decade+ in this league. If Pace sticks around you guys might end up with Dion Jordan next year, Jordan Willis the year after

If it helps, the Bears can send over the following players to the Jets so as to speed up the rebuild (in no order after Johnson):

Mack
Jaylon Johnson
Whitehair
Daniels
A. Miller
R. Smith
E. Jackson
A. Hicks
Ridley
0 x
Spoiler: show

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:32 am

TomtheBombadil wrote:I honestly had no idea that Barkevious Mingo had duped the Bears into a contract. He's a great example of how valuable it is in pro sports to simply be big and fast at a premium position, is probably one of the worst players to ever to both go in the first round and (eventually) last a decade+ in this league. If Pace sticks around you guys might end up with Dion Jordan next year, Jordan Willis the year after

Meh it was a nothing contract and he has contributed more than Quinn who they gave an enormous back loaded contract to.
0 x

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:06 am

rawaction wrote:Call Louis Riddick over to the owners box and hand him the GM job right now. And then call Carolina and tell Joe Brady to work on his interview skills.

I wish... but somehow the Bears would horsefeathers that up too.
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:29 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:Meh it was a nothing contract and he has contributed more than Quinn who they gave an enormous back loaded contract to.

I was really under the impression Mingo was more than a 1/$1.change guy. Yeah that's a non-issue, good for him hope he does get that decade and more in. Edit: I guess not a non-issue, he was terrible last night

*Apologies you have been quoted in advance for this coming part*

I could say insane things about the Quinn contract. It's such an onion that if unpeeled takes you down the rabbit hole that is the NFL algorithm. Cliff notes for maybe like part A of what will never be written: Quinn's like a souped up Mingo, will play as long as he's willing and able was doing fine as a perpetual one year guy, but also someone had to give him that multi-year contract in FA (Cubs related note: skip on the top of a weak FA class this offseason). In Pace's defense: it's basically a 2 year deal with options, he's been a sitting duck since drafting Trubisky, and HC/GMs have extremely few options besides quaderuple down on defense when the first round QB sucks.

On that note I am seeing myself out
0 x
Spoiler: show

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:09 am

CaliforniaRaisin wrote:
rawaction wrote:Call Louis Riddick over to the owners box and hand him the GM job right now. And then call Carolina and tell Joe Brady to work on his interview skills.

I'm confused, what's supposes to be exciting about that combo? (also, I read and article that had Riddick gotten the NY job, he'd have hired McDaniels.)
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:51 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
CaliforniaRaisin wrote:

I'm confused, what's supposes to be exciting about that combo? (also, I read and article that had Riddick gotten the NY job, he'd have hired McDaniels.)

Those are both solid choices, IMO. I like Borgonzi and Dobbs better but I would be fine with Riddick. Brady is my 2nd choice for HC.
0 x
"It was kind of weird to look in the mirror the first time I tried my hat on." - Mark Bellhorn

Return to “Other Sports”