NFL Week 11

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 73383
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1546
x 3366

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby Derwood » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:37 am

Pat Mahomes is the destroyer of dreams
0 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5387
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 1544
x 1191
Contact:

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby NOLA » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:32 pm

I mistakenly said that the Saints color rush road whites were the best alternate unis in the NFL. The best are the Lions on Thanksgivings, all the way back to Barry Sanders.

Hope all of you are finding some peace whatever you’re doing today.
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 73383
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1546
x 3366

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby Derwood » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:40 pm

NOLA wrote:I mistakenly said that the Saints color rush road whites were the best alternate unis in the NFL. The best are the Lions on Thanksgivings, all the way back to Barry Sanders.

Hope all of you are finding some peace whatever you’re doing today.


You really like these bargain rack Lions jerseys?
0 x

User avatar
Soul
Resident Cat Lady
Posts: 41703
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:19 pm
Location: In the throes of Cub madness
x 47
x 155

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby Soul » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:46 pm

NOLA wrote:I mistakenly said that the Saints color rush road whites were the best alternate unis in the NFL. The best are the Lions on Thanksgivings, all the way back to Barry Sanders.

Hope all of you are finding some peace whatever you’re doing today.

You as well.

Not sure I like those unis. I’d love to see the audience breakdown of this game. I suspect there are better percentages of non-Lions fan viewers who have it on just because it’s background noise. And lower percentages of Lions fans who refuse to watch anymore out of pure disgust. I remember feeling that way during the Fox “regime” or whatever the hell his time in CHI was supposed to be called.
0 x
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

User avatar
rawaction
Hall of Fame
Posts: 35377
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 11:04 pm
x 854
x 966

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby rawaction » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:13 pm

Ya'll are crazy, those Lions uniforms are amazing and have always been.
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 73383
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1546
x 3366

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby Derwood » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:17 pm

rawaction wrote:Ya'll are crazy, those Lions uniforms are amazing and have always been.


Grey iron on letters on a plain blue shirt? Amazing? Lol
0 x

User avatar
rawaction
Hall of Fame
Posts: 35377
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 11:04 pm
x 854
x 966

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby rawaction » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:27 pm

Derwood wrote:
rawaction wrote:Ya'll are crazy, those Lions uniforms are amazing and have always been.


Grey iron on letters on a plain blue shirt? Amazing? Lol


Yes.
0 x

User avatar
rawaction
Hall of Fame
Posts: 35377
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 11:04 pm
x 854
x 966

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby rawaction » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:43 pm

Speaking of the Lions, they kind of have to see what they can get for Stafford this offseason don't they? Age 33 season next year, new coach coming in. They have a whopping 21 free agents on the team, including all of their top 3 WRs. The trading team would have a 24.5Mil cap hit or so and would have an out after the year with most of his guaranteed money already paid. I can see a team like the Patriots, Broncos or Colts going for him. I think they all project to have a bunch of cap space and a surrounding team that shouldn't be too far off from competing (assuming no Patriot opt outs next year). The Lions aren't in the best position to draft a QB as they won't have a top 5 pick, but they are the perfect team to tank a year in hopes for the top pick in 2022.
1 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 73383
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1546
x 3366

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby Derwood » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:11 pm

rawaction wrote:
Derwood wrote:
rawaction wrote:Ya'll are crazy, those Lions uniforms are amazing and have always been.


Grey iron on letters on a plain blue shirt? Amazing? Lol


Yes.


Nope. They look like the cheap Chinese knockoff jersey your aunt gets you for Christmas because no one is dropping $150 on the real one
0 x

User avatar
Soul
Resident Cat Lady
Posts: 41703
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:19 pm
Location: In the throes of Cub madness
x 47
x 155

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby Soul » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:42 pm

rawaction wrote:Speaking of the Lions, they kind of have to see what they can get for Stafford this offseason don't they? Age 33 season next year, new coach coming in. They have a whopping 21 free agents on the team, including all of their top 3 WRs. The trading team would have a 24.5Mil cap hit or so and would have an out after the year with most of his guaranteed money already paid. I can see a team like the Patriots, Broncos or Colts going for him. I think they all project to have a bunch of cap space and a surrounding team that shouldn't be too far off from competing (assuming no Patriot opt outs next year). The Lions aren't in the best position to draft a QB as they won't have a top 5 pick, but they are the perfect team to tank a year in hopes for the top pick in 2022.

I would think so. It’s a pretty good time to set the explosives at the foundation and bring the whole thing to the ground.

I’d like to see what Stafford looks like with another team too.
0 x
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 38653
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1539
x 2110

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby OleMissCub » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:41 am



Holy horsefeathers hahahah
3 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 73383
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1546
x 3366

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby Derwood » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:59 pm

rawaction wrote:They want Patricia gone bad.


Good news...
0 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 4322
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 712

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:30 pm

Broncos do not plan to forfeit the game tomorrow despite having all 3 QBs on their roster deemed ineligible due to covid/contract tracing

Lol
1 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 73383
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1546
x 3366

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby Derwood » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:32 pm

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:Broncos do not plan to forfeit the game tomorrow despite having all 3 QBs on their roster deemed ineligible due to covid/contract tracing

Lol


Wildcat formation every play.
0 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5387
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 1544
x 1191
Contact:

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby NOLA » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:19 am

Derwood wrote:
We Got The Whole 9 wrote:Broncos do not plan to forfeit the game tomorrow despite having all 3 QBs on their roster deemed ineligible due to covid/contract tracing

Lol


Wildcat formation every play.

It’s Tebow Time.
1 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 19858
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: I CANT BREATHE
x 3131
x 1170

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:27 am

Elway!
0 x
Image

NOLA
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5387
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 1544
x 1191
Contact:

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby NOLA » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:27 am

0 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 15087
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 3292
x 1855

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:24 am

I kinda wanna watch this.
0 x
Image

NOLA
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5387
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 1544
x 1191
Contact:

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby NOLA » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:12 am


Keep in mind that the Broncos cancelled practice Friday and had only a light practice Saturday to prepare.
1 x

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 33395
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:02 am
Location: West Michigan
x 1076

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby Andy » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:33 am

NOLA wrote:https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1332833393638256648?s=21

Hilariously, Hinton has apparently thrown a TD in a game more recently than his opposing QB tomorrow. He last threw one in 17 at Wake, and Hill last threw one in 16 at BYU.
3 x

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6763
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 6821
x 2996

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:49 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:I kinda wanna watch this.

I'm in the only television market in the US that is forced to watch this game, and only this game, in the afternoon. It had better be good.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

soccer10k
Hall of Fame
Posts: 39012
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:21 pm
Location: Sacramento
x 1686

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby soccer10k » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:28 am

If only the NFL thought about their schedule for 2 seconds or, say, looked at the postponement issues MLB had, they might have built in a midseason bye week and/or scheduled a week off between the end of the regular season and the start of the playoffs.

Oh no, there were no covid cancellation issues and we gave the players an extra week off for no reason! The horror! And if you do a make up week after the season, you'll know going into the last week whether you have cancellation problems. If you don't need it, you just tell teams that if there are no makeup games, the playoffs move up a week. You wouldn't even have to change the Super Bowl date. If you need the bye week to make up games, there's one week between conf championship games and the Super Bowl and if you don't, there's the standard two weeks between games. And even if you have to move the Super Bowl, it's not like the stadium is going to be hosting anything else in early February.

Just so stupid all around.
0 x
In Theo we trust.

NOLA
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5387
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 1544
x 1191
Contact:

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby NOLA » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:58 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:I kinda wanna watch this.

I'm in the only television market in the US that is forced to watch this game, and only this game, in the afternoon. It had better be good.

Image
1 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 15087
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 3292
x 1855

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:23 pm

NOLA wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:I kinda wanna watch this.

I'm in the only television market in the US that is forced to watch this game, and only this game, in the afternoon. It had better be good.

Image

You'll be able to watch the CBS late game:
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2020&wk=12
0 x
Image

NOLA
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5387
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 1544
x 1191
Contact:

Re: NFL Week 11

Postby NOLA » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:54 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
NOLA wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:I'm in the only television market in the US that is forced to watch this game, and only this game, in the afternoon. It had better be good.

Image

You'll be able to watch the CBS late game:
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2020&wk=12

Dude, I’m watching the Saints v Broncos. It would be nice for the Bears to help the Saints tonight, though.
0 x


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TomtheBombadil and 1 guest