College Football 2021 Offseason

NOLA
5-Time All-Star

College Football 2021 Offseason

Postby NOLA » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:17 am

So, interesting games in the SEC fall schedule.

Hugh Freeze and Liberty at Ole Miss
Lane Kiffin and Ole Miss at Tennessee
BAMA vs Miami
Auburn at Penn St
0 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Re: College Football 2021 Offseason

Postby Andy » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:01 pm

Literally nothing else matters this off-season now

2 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star

Postby NOLA » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:52 pm

LOL

0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:50 pm

Kansas now has Less Miles

0 x

champaignchris
Starter

Postby champaignchris » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:23 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:Kansas now has Less Miles

Illinois’ ex-coach, Tim Beckman was an apple that didn’t fall far from Miles’ coaching tree. Gundy at Okie St, too, for that matter. Some real weirdos. Frankly, I don’t know how any rational person could sit them down for a job interview and say, “Yes! This is the guy I want leading my football program!”
0 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star

Postby NOLA » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:24 pm

Not sure if anyone has been following this story, but it is getting very ugly for LSU, who is clearly trying to use Les Miles as a distraction from the serious allegations against the university.

In a nutshell, Les had several sexual harassment allegations made about him eight years ago by women in the athletic department staff. The AD at the time wrote a letter to the LSU BOT that Miles should be fired for cause, only to be overruled as Les was popular and winning at the time.

On a seperate rail, LSU football players were accused of physical and sexual assault by some female students, about which the university did zilch and the players were not disciplined nor was it made public. A female LSU tennis player was apparently beat up repeatedly by RB Darrius Guice, which was covered up by the tennis coaches and the entire athletic department. Again, no reprimand whatsoever and Guice was allowed to continue playing.

Add to this the improper recruiting investigation in football and the ongoing wire tap scandal in the men's basketball program and it is looking a lot like Baylor a few years ago, or at minimum a lack of institutional control. I have to think civil suits may follow.
1 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:13 pm

It's not the most important issue coming out of this, but Kansas football continues to be FUBAR. They're not getting a coach worth a damn in March.
0 x

Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:20 pm

Andy wrote:It's not the most important issue coming out of this, but Kansas football continues to be FUBAR. They're not getting a coach worth a damn in March.

They're now at 12 years and 4 coaches(including 2 fairly high profile guys in Weis and Miles) since their last FOUR win season. It kinda boggles the mind how they can't seem to stumble into being only mediocre if only for a single season.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:27 pm

Says a lot about the culture of college football fans that the first two responses to a story about serial sexual harassment and violence at a top program are about the wins/losses and coaching options of one of the teams tangentially involved.
1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:31 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:Says a lot about the culture of college football fans that the first two responses to a story about serial sexual harassment and violence at a top program are about the wins/losses and coaching options of one of the teams tangentially involved.

Alright, everyone make 4 or 5 posts making the completely obvious condemnation of Les Miles being a giant horsefeathers who abused his power in a disgusting way so that Jersey won't judge us
1 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:07 pm

NOLA wrote:

Not sure if anyone has been following this story, but it is getting very ugly for LSU, who is clearly trying to use Les Miles as a distraction from the serious allegations against the university.

In a nutshell, Les had several sexual harassment allegations made about him eight years ago by women in the athletic department staff. The AD at the time wrote a letter to the LSU BOT that Miles should be fired for cause, only to be overruled as Les was popular and winning at the time.

On a seperate rail, LSU football players were accused of physical and sexual assault by some female students, about which the university did zilch and the players were not disciplined nor was it made public. A female LSU tennis player was apparently beat up repeatedly by RB Darrius Guice, which was covered up by the tennis coaches and the entire athletic department. Again, no reprimand whatsoever and Guice was allowed to continue playing.

Add to this the improper recruiting investigation in football and the ongoing wire tap scandal in the men's basketball program and it is looking a lot like Baylor a few years ago, or at minimum a lack of institutional control. I have to think civil suits may follow.

You left out the part about where an LSU booster currently in prison admitted to embezzling at LEAST $800,000 from a children’s cancer hospital and funneling the money to players parents. This booster also admitted to federal investigators that he stole gift cards meant for child cancer patients and flying friends to LSU and New Orleans Saints football games on chartered flights labeled “outbound patient transports”.

Good times in Red Stick
0 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star

Postby NOLA » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:54 pm

Oh yeah. It’s tough to keep up with it all. I hope they burn LSU down. They’ve been doing this horsefeathers for years.
0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:06 am

NOLA wrote:Oh yeah. It’s tough to keep up with it all. I hope they burn LSU down. They’ve been doing this horsefeathers for years.

Oh ya, let’s not forget another one. Their CURRENT basketball coach is on a federal wiretap buying players.

My gut tells me very little happens from all of this. The NCAA are cowards. Not sure why, but the silence from the national sports media about all of LSU’s misdeeds is deafening. You’d think that stealing money from kids with cancer to pay football recruits would have been one of the biggest stories of the decade in the sports world, but nope.
0 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star

Postby NOLA » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:46 am

OleMissCub wrote:
NOLA wrote:Oh yeah. It’s tough to keep up with it all. I hope they burn LSU down. They’ve been doing this horsefeathers for years.

Oh ya, let’s not forget another one. Their CURRENT basketball coach is on a federal wiretap buying players.

My gut tells me very little happens from all of this. The NCAA are cowards. Not sure why, but the silence from the national sports media about all of LSU’s misdeeds is deafening. You’d think that stealing money from kids with cancer to pay football recruits would have been one of the biggest stories of the decade in the sports world, but nope.

I’ll admit that I likely am blinded by having a very strong anti LSU bias, but I think they’re going down worse than that. An LSU beat writer got confirmation today from the US Dept of Education that they were opening an investigation. It’s Title IX, sexual abuse, wire taps of the head BB coach offering money to a recruit, blatant coverups by people in the AD, and just for kicks, a sweeping under the rug of Les’ multiple allegations of sexual harassment by the BOT. It’s as horsefeathers as it gets.
0 x

Return to “Other Sports”