Sports Media Thread

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: Sports Media Thread

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:56 am

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:59 pm

Holy horsefeathers he's still in the damn hospital?
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:13 pm

1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:16 pm

Pretty crafty way to duck out of all holiday obligations.
0 x

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:20 pm

[tweet][/tweet]
jersey cubs fan wrote:

Like remember you are dust and to dust you shall return?
0 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:35 am

Barstool Sports briefly becomes semi-self-aware and shuts down their comments section "until further notice" because they're too racist; completely misses the point as to why people like that flock to them in the first place:

https://deadspin.com/barstool-sports-sh ... 1831688120

As per King [expletive] Portnoy:

So I’ve noticed the comment section which I horsefeathering despise and have despised for a long time is getting worse and worse. We try to stop it. We try to ban people. We can’t stay ahead of it. I’m talking N bombs in every post. The last post I wrote there was a comment that said “I hope N bomb blow their heads off with a gun?” Are you serious? Well I’ve had enough. I’ve made the decision to shut it down effective immediately until we can regain control of it. And if we never bring it back I don’t care. I don’t care if you hate me, hate Barstool, etc. I don’t care. The racist horsefeathers has to stop. If we can’t stop it I’ll just eliminate it and that’s exactly what I just did. People will blame Erika, Chernin etc. Guess what they wanted to keep it and fix it. I’m told it will cost our company money with clicks. Guess what? I don’t care. It’s trash. The people in it are trash. Go read some other site. Don’t care. Bye losers.
0 x

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:00 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Barstool Sports briefly becomes semi-self-aware and shuts down their comments section "until further notice" because they're too racist; completely misses the point as to why people like that flock to them in the first place:

So I’ve noticed the comment section which I horsefeathering despise and have despised for a long time is getting worse and worse. We try to stop it. We try to ban people. We can’t stay ahead of it. I’m talking N bombs in every post. The last post I wrote there was a comment that said “I hope N bomb blow their heads off with a gun?” Are you serious? Well I’ve had enough. I’ve made the decision to shut it down effective immediately until we can regain control of it. And if we never bring it back I don’t care. I don’t care if you hate me, hate Barstool, etc. I don’t care. The racist horsefeathers has to stop. If we can’t stop it I’ll just eliminate it and that’s exactly what I just did. People will blame Erika, Chernin etc. Guess what they wanted to keep it and fix it. I’m told it will cost our company money with clicks. Guess what? I don’t care. It’s trash. The people in it are trash. Go read some other site. Don’t care. Bye losers.

Reading things like this make me feel pretty decent about my approach over the years.
6 x
Spoiler: show

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:37 pm

Tim wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Barstool Sports briefly becomes semi-self-aware and shuts down their comments section "until further notice" because they're too racist; completely misses the point as to why people like that flock to them in the first place:

Reading things like this make me feel pretty decent about my approach over the years.

Forking A right, no iceholes
3 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:56 pm

lolololol, I just remembered the time my girlfriend came home and was sad because she was unable to influence an internet commenter with her logic and facts
3 x

Return to “Other Sports”