New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

User avatar
Cubbie Swagger
All-Star
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 8:57 am
x 75
x 21

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby Cubbie Swagger » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:56 pm

Bulls to reportedly meet with Dwyane Wade and offer a partially guaranteed 3rd year. They are supposedly the only team willing to go beyond 2 years.

I want this SO bad, even if it makes no sense. I just have really bad PTSD when it comes to Bulls rebuilding, and I would rather watch them try to throw a team together.

BTW I despise Rondo as a person, but I could see him being a decent fit in Hoiberg's system. That is, if Hoiberg's system turns out to not be stupid.
0 x
Image

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 74261
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2267
x 3377
Contact:

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby UMFan83 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:03 pm

Cubbie Swagger wrote:Bulls to reportedly meet with Dwyane Wade and offer a partially guaranteed 3rd year. They are supposedly the only team willing to go beyond 2 years.

I want this SO bad, even if it makes no sense. I just have really bad PTSD when it comes to Bulls rebuilding, and I would rather watch them try to throw a team together.

BTW I despise Rondo as a person, but I could see him being a decent fit in Hoiberg's system. That is, if Hoiberg's system turns out to not be stupid.


Starting 5 of Rondo, Wade, Butler, Gibson, Lopez in an NBA that has completely shifted towards the 3 point shot, sounds pretty iffy. I don't mind zagging when everyone is zigging but this doesnt seem like smart zagging if that makes any sense.
0 x
Win it for Fred

davell
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21004
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:55 pm
x 1600
x 2037

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby davell » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:09 pm

"We're going to get younger and more athletic."

Sign Rajon horsefeathering Rondo......

At least we're just getting used by Wade again.
0 x
Additional rule: you have to have one or the other.The only exception is you have an amazing board name. davell, I'm looking at you; put up a [expletive] avatar or something if your name only sounds like somebody tried say Dave as they lapsed into a coma.

User avatar
Cubbie Swagger
All-Star
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 8:57 am
x 75
x 21

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby Cubbie Swagger » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:11 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
Cubbie Swagger wrote:Bulls to reportedly meet with Dwyane Wade and offer a partially guaranteed 3rd year. They are supposedly the only team willing to go beyond 2 years.

I want this SO bad, even if it makes no sense. I just have really bad PTSD when it comes to Bulls rebuilding, and I would rather watch them try to throw a team together.

BTW I despise Rondo as a person, but I could see him being a decent fit in Hoiberg's system. That is, if Hoiberg's system turns out to not be stupid.


Starting 5 of Rondo, Wade, Butler, Gibson, Lopez in an NBA that has completely shifted towards the 3 point shot, sounds pretty iffy. I don't mind zagging when everyone is zigging but this doesnt seem like smart zagging if that makes any sense.

We would have to move both Gibson and Dunleavy to make cap space for Wade. So your starting 4 would be either Portis or Niko.
0 x
Image

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 11530
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1381
x 484

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:21 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
Cubbie Swagger wrote:Bulls to reportedly meet with Dwyane Wade and offer a partially guaranteed 3rd year. They are supposedly the only team willing to go beyond 2 years.

I want this SO bad, even if it makes no sense. I just have really bad PTSD when it comes to Bulls rebuilding, and I would rather watch them try to throw a team together.

BTW I despise Rondo as a person, but I could see him being a decent fit in Hoiberg's system. That is, if Hoiberg's system turns out to not be stupid.


Starting 5 of Rondo, Wade, Butler, Gibson, Lopez in an NBA that has completely shifted towards the 3 point shot, sounds pretty iffy. I don't mind zagging when everyone is zigging but this doesnt seem like smart zagging if that makes any sense.

Yea, i definiteky know what you mean. In isolation, Wade or Rondo could be passable even though neother brings the 3. Together, with Jimmy who is also just okay with the 3... If Gibson started (questionable they could fit Wade without dumping him) you'd at least have a much improved D with Butler Gibson and Lopez as sound defenders and Wade and Rondo could cheat on the passing lanes, even though neither would be totally sound defensively. Your bench would be all 3 and no D. Mirotic starting would balance things out.

It really wouldn't make sense but there's probably enough raw talent to be a top 5 team in the East. Then 2017 becomes a max and retain Mirotic plan instead of a two max plan.

All that said, i really still think he returns to Miami. Don't really care about being used as we'd be driving up the price and if not for Wade they seem pretty much done woth FA so he isnt delaying plans.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Cubbie Swagger
All-Star
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 8:57 am
x 75
x 21

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby Cubbie Swagger » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:29 pm

Here's my thing...

The Heat are about to suck, and Wade is unhappy with them. Staying with the Heat for the last 2-3 years of his career isn't going to be very fun. I'm sure he doesn't want to play for the Nuggets. If anyone is getting used, it's them. Wade might find the Bucks slightly attractive, but it still seems like a weird fit. Being able to come home and play for the Bulls at the end of his career does seem the like the most "fun" option.

He isn't going to win a ring with us, but he isn't going to win a ring with any of his other potential suitors, either. With the Bulls, at least we would be back in the playoffs and playing a bunch of exciting games against the Cavs and the new Knicks.

The move makes no sense as far as the rebuilding process. As far as getting younger and more athletic, it's obviously a joke. But dammit, I want to see it.
0 x
Image

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 74261
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2267
x 3377
Contact:

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby UMFan83 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:34 pm

Cubbie Swagger wrote:Here's my thing...

The Heat are about to suck, and Wade is unhappy with them. Staying with the Heat for the last 2-3 years of his career isn't going to be very fun. I'm sure he doesn't want to play for the Nuggets. If anyone is getting used, it's them. Wade might find the Bucks slightly attractive, but it still seems like a weird fit. Being able to come home and play for the Bulls at the end of his career does seem the like the most "fun" option.

He isn't going to win a ring with us, but he isn't going to win a ring with any of his other potential suitors, either. With the Bulls, at least we would be back in the playoffs and playing a bunch of exciting games against the Cavs and the new Knicks.

The move makes no sense as far as the rebuilding process. As far as getting younger and more athletic, it's obviously a joke. But dammit, I want to see it.


The Bucks make a lot of sense. They have a ton of young talent and he played college ball in Milwaukee, many games in that very arena. They could use a veteran presence. No they won't win a title, but getting to the 2nd or even 3rd round of the playoffs would be a huge accomplishment for that city.
1 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 11530
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1381
x 484

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:49 pm

Just for fun.

Sign Wade for something like 3/59 with a partial guarantee on year 3. You should just have to dump MDJ and waive Dinwiddie to make that happen.

Make the playoffs with this years team so you remain attractive to FA.

In 2017 with only room for one max, sign Gordon Hayward. Decline Rondos option. Keep Mirotics hold and then use his bird rights to go over the cap to re-sign him. Keep Felicio via Gilbert Arenas provision (this would be the same "posion pill" provision we declined to keep Asik under- Lopez's salary will end by the time it explodes)

Wade-Butler-Hayward-Mirotic-Lopez
Grant-Valentine-McDermott-Portis-Felicio
Zipser-2017 pick, hopefully Sac pick

Its not fooling me for a championship team, but balanced and fun. And enough in the way of future assets and young rookie contract players to play the trade market in the following one-two years.
1 x
Image

davell
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21004
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:55 pm
x 1600
x 2037

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby davell » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:46 pm

Woj via Twitter.....

Sources: Bulls cancelled meeting, flight kept getting pushed back. If Wade is still serious, Chicago could travel to meet him on Thursday.
0 x
Additional rule: you have to have one or the other.The only exception is you have an amazing board name. davell, I'm looking at you; put up a [expletive] avatar or something if your name only sounds like somebody tried say Dave as they lapsed into a coma.

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 74261
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2267
x 3377
Contact:

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby UMFan83 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:11 pm

davell wrote:Woj via Twitter.....

Sources: Bulls cancelled meeting, flight kept getting pushed back. If Wade is still serious, Chicago could travel to meet him on Thursday.


I think this is a leverage move for GarPax. They know that while they want Wade (something something recruiting for 2017), he's not critical for them. They know Wade has an obvious draw to Chicago.

They also know that Wade has used the Bulls for leverage in the past, and I'm sure they are not 100% certain if his interest is genuine. So they pretend they can't get down there and see if he is willing to come to Chicago to meet them.

Actually pretty impressed if this is what really happened.
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
Cubbie Swagger
All-Star
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 8:57 am
x 75
x 21

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby Cubbie Swagger » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:44 pm

It sounded to me like the Bulls would have to go meet him in Miami, but that's just Twitter ramblings.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Flames24Rulz
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22237
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:37 pm
Location: Rockford, IL
x 135
x 25
Contact:

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby Flames24Rulz » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:53 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
davell wrote:Woj via Twitter.....

Sources: Bulls cancelled meeting, flight kept getting pushed back. If Wade is still serious, Chicago could travel to meet him on Thursday.


I think this is a leverage move for GarPax. They know that while they want Wade (something something recruiting for 2017), he's not critical for them. They know Wade has an obvious draw to Chicago.

They also know that Wade has used the Bulls for leverage in the past, and I'm sure they are not 100% certain if his interest is genuine. So they pretend they can't get down there and see if he is willing to come to Chicago to meet them.

Actually pretty impressed if this is what really happened.


I would be too -- but I think you're giving them far too much credit here.
1 x

User avatar
Cubbie Swagger
All-Star
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 8:57 am
x 75
x 21

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby Cubbie Swagger » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:01 pm

Breaking news: My sources indicate that Gar Forman and John Paxson have just secured a ride from Bulls forward Tony Snell, and that the trio are currently en route to NYC. Beverages will limited in an effort to minimize pit stops. I'm told that Snell is heavily involved in the recruiting process. More to come.
0 x
Image

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60081
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 7123
x 4318

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby David » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:07 pm

Cubbie Swagger wrote:Breaking news: My sources indicate that Gar Forman and John Paxson have just secured a ride from Bulls forward Tony Snell, and that the trio are currently en route to NYC. Beverages will limited in an effort to minimize pit stops. I'm told that Snell is heavily involved in the recruiting process. More to come.

Holy horsefeathers man this is hilarious!!
1 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
Cubbie Swagger
All-Star
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 8:57 am
x 75
x 21

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby Cubbie Swagger » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:25 pm

Just a thought: If the Bulls did have a motive in missing the meeting, it could be as simple as they wanted to give themselves another day to plan, and put themselves in a position to meet with Wade on their own terms after he had already met with all the other teams. Don't teams like to get the last meeting?
0 x
Image

User avatar
Cubbie Swagger
All-Star
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 8:57 am
x 75
x 21

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby Cubbie Swagger » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:18 pm

The Bulls are now reportedly calling around looking to unload contracts.

This is gonna happen, guys. I'm calling it.
0 x
Image

tawfiqmp
Role Player
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:21 am
x 23
x 20

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby tawfiqmp » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:21 pm

The Bulls are seriously the worst organization in sports. There's zero chance they actually have a clue what they're doing.
0 x

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 74261
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2267
x 3377
Contact:

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby UMFan83 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:47 pm

Woj is saying Bulks might need to give up picks to get teams to take their contracts. If that's the case I go from "horsefeathers it just do it I guess" to "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
2 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
Cubbie Swagger
All-Star
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 8:57 am
x 75
x 21

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby Cubbie Swagger » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:58 pm

UMFan83 wrote:Woj is saying Bulks might need to give up picks to get teams to take their contracts. If that's the case I go from "[expletive] it just do it I guess" to "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Calderon is going to be really hard to unload, but I would think there are lots of teams in the league that would want Taj. Dunleavy doesn't make much, so it probably wouldn't be impossible to find a taker for him.
0 x
Image

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 74261
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2267
x 3377
Contact:

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby UMFan83 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:22 am

0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 73869
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 7725
x 10443

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:31 am

UMFan83 wrote:https://twitter.com/wojverticalnba/status/750862014772371456


Image
2 x

User avatar
Cubbie Swagger
All-Star
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 8:57 am
x 75
x 21

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby Cubbie Swagger » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:31 am

WADE TO THE BULLS

I horsefeathering KNEW IT
0 x
Image

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 11530
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1381
x 484

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:32 am

Holy horsefeathers
0 x
Image

ChiCubsFan
All-Star
Posts: 4496
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:51 pm
Location: Chicago
x 38
x 13

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby ChiCubsFan » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:33 am

Well at least it'll be somewhat interesting to see
0 x
ChiCubsFan-Mark

Ski wrote:"If you don't commit suicide if the Cubs lose in the first round, you're not a Cubs fan."

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 66550
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 768
x 1534

Re: New Benny, and Other changes (Bulls offseason)

Postby Derwood » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:34 am

2008 me is ecstatic
0 x


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests