soccer soccer soccer

stitchface
Superstar
Posts: 12494
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:28 am
Location: On a levee somewhere
x 51
x 179

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby stitchface » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:08 am

soccer10k wrote:
stitchface wrote:
soccer10k wrote:Ok, someone needs to explain to me why Mane was offside today. I thought that the arm didn’t count as being offside because you can’t score a goal with your arm. But the review clearly lined up with Mane’s arm. Did that part of the rule get changed?



didn't see that replay but they defined the upper part of the arm differently in the new rule. How Pickford wasn't sent off is beyond me.


Rumor is van Dijk tore his ACL also.



this is confirmed. at 29, he may never be the same again.
0 x

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56995
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 589
x 7573

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:36 am

Silver lining, now i can go from hating Jordan Pickford because he’s annoying and overrated to hating him because he’s annoying, overrated, and dirty.
0 x

User avatar
bukie
Superstar
Posts: 18864
Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:17 am
Location: Midlothian, IL
x 34
x 2177
Contact:

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby bukie » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:22 pm

8 UCL games happening today, and USMNT in the starting lineup for 2 teams (Pulisic-Chelsea, Dest-Barcelona), and on the bench for 2 more (Reyna-Dortmund, Adams-RB Leipzig), and would be a 5th if McKennie didn't have COVID (Juventus).
0 x
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56995
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 589
x 7573

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:34 pm

bukie wrote:8 UCL games happening today, and USMNT in the starting lineup for 2 teams (Pulisic-Chelsea, Dest-Barcelona), and on the bench for 2 more (Reyna-Dortmund, Adams-RB Leipzig), and would be a 5th if McKennie didn't have COVID (Juventus).


I won't stand for this Ethan Horvath erasure.
0 x

User avatar
bukie
Superstar
Posts: 18864
Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:17 am
Location: Midlothian, IL
x 34
x 2177
Contact:

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby bukie » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:34 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
bukie wrote:8 UCL games happening today, and USMNT in the starting lineup for 2 teams (Pulisic-Chelsea, Dest-Barcelona), and on the bench for 2 more (Reyna-Dortmund, Adams-RB Leipzig), and would be a 5th if McKennie didn't have COVID (Juventus).


I won't stand for this Ethan Horvath erasure.

That's on Berhalter, not me. (also forgot he was on Brugge)
0 x
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

stitchface
Superstar
Posts: 12494
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:28 am
Location: On a levee somewhere
x 51
x 179

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby stitchface » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:00 pm

I watched the first 77 minutes of spurs-hammers on Sunday night then went to bed realizing nothing more was going to happen in that game.
0 x

stitchface
Superstar
Posts: 12494
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:28 am
Location: On a levee somewhere
x 51
x 179

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby stitchface » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:03 pm

bukie wrote:8 UCL games happening today, and USMNT in the starting lineup for 2 teams (Pulisic-Chelsea, Dest-Barcelona), and on the bench for 2 more (Reyna-Dortmund, Adams-RB Leipzig), and would be a 5th if McKennie didn't have COVID (Juventus).



Disappointing that Gio and Adams not starting. Dortmund punished for it.

If you were worried that Dest wouldn't play at Barca - Firpo subbed in . . . for Roberto. Presuming Dest moved from left to right at that point.
0 x

User avatar
wvcbxl
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6771
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:49 am
Location: Brussels, Belgium
x 745
x 180
Contact:

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby wvcbxl » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:43 am

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
bukie wrote:8 UCL games happening today, and USMNT in the starting lineup for 2 teams (Pulisic-Chelsea, Dest-Barcelona), and on the bench for 2 more (Reyna-Dortmund, Adams-RB Leipzig), and would be a 5th if McKennie didn't have COVID (Juventus).


I won't stand for this Ethan Horvath erasure.


Neither did he - nice away win for Bruges (and the Zenith goal wasn't on him but simply bad luck)
0 x
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits. - Satchel Paige.

User avatar
wvcbxl
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6771
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:49 am
Location: Brussels, Belgium
x 745
x 180
Contact:

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby wvcbxl » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:09 pm

Ethan Horvath's emotions after the game:
https://fb.watch/1fTbX9BE3s/
0 x
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits. - Satchel Paige.

stitchface
Superstar
Posts: 12494
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:28 am
Location: On a levee somewhere
x 51
x 179

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby stitchface » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:48 pm

wow, Madrid preps for this weekend's clasico by losing at home to Shahktar
0 x

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56995
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 589
x 7573

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:50 pm

With Inter and Gladbach in their group, that could be a really bad result. Only saving grace is neither is a megaclub and Shakhtar isn't your typical UCL minnow so it's likely the group has more dropped points from beating each other up.
0 x

stitchface
Superstar
Posts: 12494
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:28 am
Location: On a levee somewhere
x 51
x 179

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby stitchface » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:19 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:With Inter and Gladbach in their group, that could be a really bad result. Only saving grace is neither is a megaclub and Shakhtar isn't your typical UCL minnow so it's likely the group has more dropped points from beating each other up.



I would be very surprised if Madrid doesn't advance but I was under the impression Shakhtar is usually problematic because of the travel and weather more than because they are actually that strong. I just don't see BM or Inter being strong enough to both outrun RM. For the life of me, I don't understand what Zidane has against Vinicious.
0 x

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56995
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 589
x 7573

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:33 pm

stitchface wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:With Inter and Gladbach in their group, that could be a really bad result. Only saving grace is neither is a megaclub and Shakhtar isn't your typical UCL minnow so it's likely the group has more dropped points from beating each other up.



I would be very surprised if Madrid doesn't advance but I was under the impression Shakhtar is usually problematic because of the travel and weather more than because they are actually that strong. I just don't see BM or Inter being strong enough to both outrun RM. For the life of me, I don't understand what Zidane has against Vinicious.


Today's game was in Madrid, and Shakhtar was missing half their roster due to Covid positives. It would be safe to bet on RM advancing still, but dropping their easiest fixture in a competitive group out of the gate isn't great for them either.
0 x

stitchface
Superstar
Posts: 12494
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:28 am
Location: On a levee somewhere
x 51
x 179

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby stitchface » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:36 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
stitchface wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:With Inter and Gladbach in their group, that could be a really bad result. Only saving grace is neither is a megaclub and Shakhtar isn't your typical UCL minnow so it's likely the group has more dropped points from beating each other up.



I would be very surprised if Madrid doesn't advance but I was under the impression Shakhtar is usually problematic because of the travel and weather more than because they are actually that strong. I just don't see BM or Inter being strong enough to both outrun RM. For the life of me, I don't understand what Zidane has against Vinicious.


Today's game was in Madrid, and Shakhtar was missing half their roster due to Covid positives. It would be safe to bet on RM advancing still, but dropping their easiest fixture in a competitive group out of the gate isn't great for them either.


yes, I was making the same point.
0 x

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56995
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 589
x 7573

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:51 pm

Ohh, you were saying that Shakhtar normally does better than the average minnow because of Eastern European logistics instead of actually being better, I took it as explaining RM's performance today. Reading is hard!
1 x

stitchface
Superstar
Posts: 12494
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:28 am
Location: On a levee somewhere
x 51
x 179

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby stitchface » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:24 pm

Porto coach whining - hard to complain about referees while employing one of the biggest hacks of the last 20 years in Pepe.
0 x

stitchface
Superstar
Posts: 12494
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:28 am
Location: On a levee somewhere
x 51
x 179

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby stitchface » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:23 pm

USMNT to play Wales in Swansea in November window. Good match up to get set up.
1 x

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56995
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 589
x 7573

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:42 pm

Daryl Grove of Total Soccer Show passed away last night, for reasons I can't entirely explain it's maybe the most upset I've been about the death of someone I haven't met. By all accounts an incredible dude, cancer sucks.
0 x

User avatar
wolf stansson
Superstar
Posts: 11474
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:53 am
Location: America's dong
x 3
x 75

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby wolf stansson » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:15 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:Daryl Grove of Total Soccer Show passed away last night, for reasons I can't entirely explain it's maybe the most upset I've been about the death of someone I haven't met. By all accounts an incredible dude, cancer sucks.

Yeah. Listening to the episode Taylor Rockwell posted got to me too. Just senseless.



What the hell happened to Coutinho?
0 x

stitchface
Superstar
Posts: 12494
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:28 am
Location: On a levee somewhere
x 51
x 179

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby stitchface » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:15 pm

0 x

stitchface
Superstar
Posts: 12494
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:28 am
Location: On a levee somewhere
x 51
x 179

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby stitchface » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:59 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:Ohh, you were saying that Shakhtar normally does better than the average minnow because of Eastern European logistics instead of actually being better, I took it as explaining RM's performance today. Reading is hard!



Bayern's result in Moscow today is similar scenario.
0 x

stitchface
Superstar
Posts: 12494
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:28 am
Location: On a levee somewhere
x 51
x 179

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby stitchface » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:17 pm

2-0 in Germany . . .
0 x

stitchface
Superstar
Posts: 12494
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:28 am
Location: On a levee somewhere
x 51
x 179

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby stitchface » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:46 pm

too bad RM came back. They really do get all the calls (though none directly impacted the comeback).

CP on the board.
0 x

User avatar
wvcbxl
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6771
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:49 am
Location: Brussels, Belgium
x 745
x 180
Contact:

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby wvcbxl » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:53 pm

Lol Spurs.
Antwerp’s last home game in Europe was 23 years ago 8-)
0 x
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits. - Satchel Paige.

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 91508
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:20 pm
Location: Pasadena, CA
x 683
x 3306

Re: soccer soccer soccer

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:46 am



0 x
Image


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests