NHL 15-16 season

Banedon
Curse You!

Re: NHL 15-16 season

Postby Banedon » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:41 pm

People are saying the cup is dented already. There's a flat side visible in the pic.
0 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Postby 17 Seconds » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:15 pm

lots of madness going on today. taylor hall for adam larsson and subban for weber. bob mckenzie also just tweeted that stamkos is coming back to tb.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:31 pm

the most the CBJ has done is sign Seth Jones to an extension
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:46 pm

Wth would Montreal make that deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:07 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:Wth would Montreal make that deal

Because they can't score
0 x

biittner77
Superstar

Postby biittner77 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:09 pm

Derwood wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:Wth would Montreal make that deal

Because they can't score

Subban for Weber. The worst trade in the history of the NHL? The worst trade in the history of sports? The worst trade in the history of trade?

The only thing that could make this trade worse is if the Habs asked for Seabrook but he or the Hawks refused. This isn't a knock on Seabrook, but if you can get a much better, younger player straight up you pretty much have to make that deal.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President

Postby sneakypower » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:36 pm

Hall for Larsson is easily worse
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:54 pm

sneakypower wrote:Hall for Larsson is easily worse

Not even close.

0 x

kujay
Superstar

Postby kujay » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:36 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:

Not even close.

No, I agree with Sneaky. And there's been some reporting that other teams had no idea Hall was available and are actually pissed at Edmonton because they would have happily offered far more than Adam Larsson.

The Subban trade isn't great for Montreal, but they're still getting back a stud d-man. Yes, he's older. But Therrien apparently had issues with PK and they couldn't let him run the entire ship.
0 x
Just an average guy with exceptional hair. No more, no less.

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:13 am

kujay wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:

Not even close.

No, I agree with Sneaky. And there's been some reporting that other teams had no idea Hall was available and are actually pissed at Edmonton because they would have happily offered far more than Adam Larsson.

The Subban trade isn't great for Montreal, but they're still getting back a stud d-man. Yes, he's older. But Therrien apparently had issues with PK and they couldn't let him run the entire ship.

Which trade was worse is up for debate I guess, but Dude took a very fast Montreal team and is tying to turn them into the St Louis Blues. He's kinda dumb

0 x

BrockLanders
Starter

Postby BrockLanders » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:47 am

kujay wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:

Not even close.

I think Subban/Weber is worse. Hall for Larsson can at least be rationalized as trading a winger for a defenseman. It's a horrible, horrible deal. But it does balance Edmonton a little better and there's some chance Larsson breaks out soon (I don't expect that, as I said it's a horrible deal).

But in trading Subban, Montreal traded a top 5 defenseman in the world for maybe the 20th-30th best defenseman in the world. Weber is also 4 years older and signed until forever (2026). He's clearly in decline at this point. That contract could be a disaster in a few years. I don't see any possible logic aside from wanting to move Subban for "character" issues.
0 x

biittner77
Superstar

Postby biittner77 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:33 am

BrockLanders wrote:
kujay wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:
Not even close.

I think Subban/Weber is worse. Hall for Larsson can at least be rationalized as trading a winger for a defenseman. It's a horrible, horrible deal. But it does balance Edmonton a little better and there's some chance Larsson breaks out soon (I don't expect that, as I said it's a horrible deal).

But in trading Subban, Montreal traded a top 5 defenseman in the world for maybe the 20th-30th best defenseman in the world. Weber is also 4 years older and signed until forever (2026). He's clearly in decline at this point. That contract could be a disaster in a few years. I don't see any possible logic aside from wanting to move Subban for "character" issues.

It doesn't even save them very much money (I think I saw $1.5 mil)
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

Return to “Other Sports”