2019-20 Offseason Rumors/General Chit-Chat

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Re: 2019-20 Offseason Rumors/General Chit-Chat

Postby TomtheBombadil » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:00 pm

Maybe it'll lead to a more interesting situation like one of Hearn or Quintero in SB sooner than later (say this year or next)? It seems like Higgins had passed Pereda as Iowa's starter, Amaya's the AA starter obvy, and guys like Guerra, Windham, Soto and so on were fighting for the levels beneath that
0 x
Spoiler: show

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:44 pm

Top DFA candidates have to be a Descalso (especially for Kipnis), any of the trio of the vet RP guys like Sadler, Winkler and Tepera and maybe Maples and Robel are at least considered, IMO. I’d assume Underwood and Rea are safe just because of the ability to start.

0 x
Screw Pitchers

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:22 pm

Underwood is closer than you might think to a decade in the org...Pretty sweet what being a cheap, young, mostly healthy possible SP can get you...The $/WAR potential is still there in his 9th season with the org
0 x
Spoiler: show

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:36 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:Top DFA candidates have to be a Descalso (especially for Kipnis), any of the trio of the vet RP guys like Sadler, Winkler and Tepera and maybe Maples and Robel are at least considered, IMO. I’d assume Underwood and Rea are safe just because of the ability to start.

This might be dumb logic but even though Descalso sucks I’d think you want to have all the major league caliber players as possible on your 40 to replace those that go down with COVID.
0 x
Win it for Fred

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:40 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:Top DFA candidates have to be a Descalso (especially for Kipnis), any of the trio of the vet RP guys like Sadler, Winkler and Tepera and maybe Maples and Robel are at least considered, IMO. I’d assume Underwood and Rea are safe just because of the ability to start.

This might be dumb logic but even though Descalso sucks I’d think you want to have all the major league caliber players as possible on your 40 to replace those that go down with COVID.

He’s being replaced by a better player in Kipnis and maybe adding Perez too. Then there’s Short, Giambrone, Robel, etc who will be on that 60-man squad that can always come up. He’s not better than any of those guys. All the guys mentioned can play multiple positions too where Descalso basically is a DH.

Also if we got to the point where Descalso is a key and needed player on the active roster because so many guys are out with Covid we’re going to suck anyways and/or they may be canceling the season anyways.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

Return to “Transactions”