The Bryce is Right, Bitch

abmillis
All-Star
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:46 pm
Location: Centralia, IL
x 508
x 109

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby abmillis » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:50 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:We are mentioned as a team that will “check in.”



KB: “Hey Bryce, just checking in. Are you ready to sign with us and not those other losers?”

Harper: “Yeah bro, let me just tell Reinsdorf I’m still considering the White Sox.”
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 67934
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 6503
x 6292

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Banedon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:55 pm

abmillis wrote:Harper: “Yeah bro, let me just tell Reinsdorf I’m still considering the White Sox.”


Image
1 x

Backtobanks
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6795
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:32 am
x 8
x 74

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Backtobanks » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:48 pm

UK wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:We are mentioned as a team that will “check in.”



Did the White Sox start off with "We're the other team from Chicago"?



Maybe the WS started off with "We're the Chicago team with money to spend." :lol:
0 x

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 26673
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 8285
x 5728

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:28 pm

Must have found out we set up KB, his wife and Nelly/Florida Georgia Line last weekend and figured why bother competing with that sales pitch.

0 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 26673
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 8285
x 5728

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:43 pm

I wonder how they pitched waiting on Kopech’s arm to heal, Cease being a relief pitcher, hoping none of their other pitchers die, Eloy likely being a 2-3 win DH and Moncada being a 2-3 win 2B as being a great young core

0 x
Screw Pitchers

Backtobanks
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6795
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:32 am
x 8
x 74

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Backtobanks » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:59 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:I wonder how they pitched waiting on Kopech’s arm to heal, Cease being a relief pitcher, hoping none of their other pitchers die, Eloy likely being a 2-3 win DH and Moncada being a 2-3 win 2B as being a great young core



Maybe they said we'l give you $40,000,000 per year while you wait for the young core to gel.
0 x

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 26673
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 8285
x 5728

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:04 pm

Backtobanks wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:I wonder how they pitched waiting on Kopech’s arm to heal, Cease being a relief pitcher, hoping none of their other pitchers die, Eloy likely being a 2-3 win DH and Moncada being a 2-3 win 2B as being a great young core



Maybe they said we'l give you $40,000,000 per year while you wait for the young core to gel.

Well yeah, that’s kinda my point. If they think the young core is a major selling point they aren’t getting him. They’re going to have to probably give him the most money (likely significantly more than anyone else).
0 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5586
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 5394
x 2335

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:01 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:
Backtobanks wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:I wonder how they pitched waiting on Kopech’s arm to heal, Cease being a relief pitcher, hoping none of their other pitchers die, Eloy likely being a 2-3 win DH and Moncada being a 2-3 win 2B as being a great young core



Maybe they said we'l give you $40,000,000 per year while you wait for the young core to gel.

Well yeah, that’s kinda my point. If they think the young core is a major selling point they aren’t getting him. They’re going to have to probably give him the most money (likely significantly more than anyone else).

If Bryant is as much of a plus for the Cubs' chances of getting Harper as we assume he is, then the Sox playing in the same metro has to count for something, right?
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

User avatar
HawkeTrackler
Role Player
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:43 pm
x 341
x 91

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby HawkeTrackler » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:33 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:
Backtobanks wrote:
Maybe they said we'l give you $40,000,000 per year while you wait for the young core to gel.

Well yeah, that’s kinda my point. If they think the young core is a major selling point they aren’t getting him. They’re going to have to probably give him the most money (likely significantly more than anyone else).

If Bryant is as much of a plus for the Cubs' chances of getting Harper as we assume he is, then the Sox playing in the same metro has to count for something, right?


I would imagine so. They can still room together even if they work on opposite sides of town.
0 x
Friend of Nature and all-around Nice Boy. I know most of the states and all of the meals.

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 26673
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 8285
x 5728

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:57 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:
Backtobanks wrote:
Maybe they said we'l give you $40,000,000 per year while you wait for the young core to gel.

Well yeah, that’s kinda my point. If they think the young core is a major selling point they aren’t getting him. They’re going to have to probably give him the most money (likely significantly more than anyone else).

If Bryant is as much of a plus for the Cubs' chances of getting Harper as we assume he is, then the Sox playing in the same metro has to count for something, right?

If the wives are that close to each other I could see that being something that counts to at least be in the same city but different teams. But for KB and Bryce even if they’re in the same city but on different teams I doubt KB and Bryce would get a ton of chances to get together in season with different team schedules. They’d maybe see each other nominally more than when he was with the Nats and they don’t live in Chicago in the offseason anyways.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61547
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3207
x 11275

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:16 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5586
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 5394
x 2335

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:20 pm

"Aggressive"? Would he say "very aggressive"?

Image
2 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

User avatar
ConstableRabbit
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8759
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Heavenston
x 1289
x 895

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby ConstableRabbit » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:26 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:https://twitter.com/CharlsMeow/status/1070094095647797248

This guy has rumors
0 x
During a "Not For Women Only" panel discussion, former Cubs pitcher Mike Bielecki asked several players to invent a baseball catch phrase for Viagra. Theriot's ad campaign: "Viagra -- I always play hard."

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 71799
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1392
x 2968

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Derwood » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:26 pm

The quotation marks should be around "Hearing"
1 x

Backtobanks
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6795
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:32 am
x 8
x 74

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Backtobanks » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:31 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:Well yeah, that’s kinda my point. If they think the young core is a major selling point they aren’t getting him. They’re going to have to probably give him the most money (likely significantly more than anyone else).

If Bryant is as much of a plus for the Cubs' chances of getting Harper as we assume he is, then the Sox playing in the same metro has to count for something, right?

If the wives are that close to each other I could see that being something that counts to at least be in the same city but different teams. But for KB and Bryce even if they’re in the same city but on different teams I doubt KB and Bryce would get a ton of chances to get together in season with different team schedules. They’d maybe see each other nominally more than when he was with the Nats and they don’t live in Chicago in the offseason anyways.


Hell if he's getting $400 million, he can build his buddy a house next door to his in any city.
0 x

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 26673
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 8285
x 5728

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:41 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:https://twitter.com/CharlsMeow/status/1070094095647797248

Image
2 x
Screw Pitchers

Neuby
All-Star
Posts: 2488
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:36 am
x 14
x 6

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Neuby » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:46 pm

I wonder how much It would cost to rent the billboard on Sheffield for a month...... it can just say
Dear Theo give Bryce his monies. please and thank you .. With love Northsidebaseball
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8201
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 688
x 772

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby TomtheBombadil » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:28 am

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:If Bryant is as much of a plus for the Cubs' chances of getting Harper as we assume he is, then the Sox playing in the same metro has to count for something, right?


Ha, the White Sox wish! Even if I were to believe that Harper in Chicago is most about being near his friend, rather than winning a horsefeathers ton of games with a fellow perrenial MVP candidate, no one in a position to say no is taking Reinsdorf’s money. Reinsdorf’s not handing out probably/possibly the largest contract in league history either.
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 62191
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 9692
x 5670

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby David » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:31 am

TomtheBombadil wrote:Reinsdorf’s not handing out probably/possibly the largest contract in league history either.


not saying he will (and it's a long time ago), but didn't he do exactly that with albert belle (and, for that matter, on an AAV basis, michael jordan)?

either way, he's not going there.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 83505
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 14207
x 16774

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:31 am

TomtheBombadil wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:If Bryant is as much of a plus for the Cubs' chances of getting Harper as we assume he is, then the Sox playing in the same metro has to count for something, right?


Ha, the White Sox wish!


I can't stop reading this in Tommy Wiseau's voice.
4 x
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 62191
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 9692
x 5670

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby David » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:32 am

after nocode, wetbutt23, and purple fanta shirt guy, i'm not gonna entirely dismiss the idea that charles the cat might know someone that tells him stuff
1 x

Perd
Starter
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:39 am
x 29
x 193

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Perd » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:36 am

I’m sure Bryce loved Thome’s stories about corn.
6 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 83505
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 14207
x 16774

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:36 am

Image
2 x
► Show Spoiler

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!
Posts: 33207
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2887
x 7036
Contact:

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby big ball chunky time » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:36 am

it's crazy to me that in a span of like 4 years i went from
- screw the players over in FA so ownership has more money to spend on other players and can pass savings on to fans
to
- screw the billionaire owners the players are the product, if revenue is that high the players deserve the money
to
- no one deserves to be rich and i dont care how many dongs someone hits you shouldn't pay anyone $40 million a year to do anything while people are starving and living in poverty

im probably like 2 years from not watching sports anymore
2 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 83505
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 14207
x 16774

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:37 am

MY FINAL OFFER:

Image
10 x
► Show Spoiler


Return to “Transactions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests