The Bryce is Right, Bitch

User avatar
PackLandVA
All-Star
Posts: 2800
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:42 pm
Location: Baking in Southern Arizona
x 596
x 597

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby PackLandVA » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:13 pm

What is the status of Brian Roberts?
0 x
Sticks the landing!!!

User avatar
The_Achiever
All-Star
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:28 am
x 567
x 316

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby The_Achiever » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:13 pm

He's going to hate it there. Maybe we can trade for him in a year or two.
0 x

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 30362
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 46
x 6076
Contact:

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Brian » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:14 pm

0 x

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 81526
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 3588
x 5581
Contact:

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby UMFan83 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:15 pm

Andy wrote:
soccer10k wrote:
Andy wrote:Christ, 13 years? Obviously that's for luxury tax purposes but Bryce is obviously pretty sure he wasn't going to have a career after 36 (which, given the way of things these days, is probably a safe bet)


Surprised he didn’t get any opt outs in there.

Rosenthal is saying he didn't want an opt-out.


That doesn't make any sense unless it was to get extra money out of them. There's no reason to not want as much control as they are willing to give you.
0 x
Win it for Fred

Post Count Padder
Superstar
Posts: 15266
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:51 pm
Location: In your dreams
x 198
x 297

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Post Count Padder » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:15 pm

Anyone have the ricketts email to send them a strongly worded letter
4 x
formerly known as PriorPower
formerly known as the guy with Huston Street in his sig

:flythew:

User avatar
Flames24Rulz
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22355
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:37 pm
Location: Rockford, IL
x 291
x 58
Contact:

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Flames24Rulz » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:15 pm

Brian wrote:


blocked
1 x

User avatar
Irrelevant Dude
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7015
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:40 am
Location: In a Glass Case of Emotion
x 33
x 375

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Irrelevant Dude » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:18 pm

Single game tickets are on sale now!
0 x

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 30362
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 46
x 6076
Contact:

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Brian » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:19 pm

full no trade
0 x

User avatar
Irrelevant Dude
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7015
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:40 am
Location: In a Glass Case of Emotion
x 33
x 375

Re: RE: Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Irrelevant Dude » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:20 pm

Brian wrote:full no trade
In other words, he will pick who he wants to be traded to once he figures out how much he hates Philly.
0 x

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 81526
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 3588
x 5581
Contact:

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby UMFan83 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:20 pm

Post Count Padder wrote:Anyone have the ricketts email to send them a strongly worded letter


I wonder if we will see less Tom walking around Wrigley greeting fans this year.
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
Brian707
All-Star
Posts: 3566
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Algonquin IL
x 1205
x 1546

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Brian707 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:22 pm

Irrelevant Dude wrote:Single game tickets are on sale now!



Image
6 x

toonsterwu
All-Star
Posts: 4547
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:10 am
x 56

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby toonsterwu » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:23 pm

If this is the contract, then Boras/Harper screwed up by passing on the Nationals reported offer (10/300) and the Nationals rumored offer (higher than that). Yeah, he sets a record, but Machado ended up with a higher AAV, and if there's no opt out, this is just a weird, weird ending to the Harper FA. Sure, he's going to a more competitive team than Harper, but it sure feels like the Nationals offer was better, so it feels like Boras, along with ... well, a lot of us, misread the market, but we don't have a client's future at stake.

This is just a bleh deal. Tbh, it's a pretty solid deal for the Phillies, outside of the latter years likely being a mess.
0 x

User avatar
Irrelevant Dude
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7015
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:40 am
Location: In a Glass Case of Emotion
x 33
x 375

Re: RE: Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Irrelevant Dude » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:24 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
Post Count Padder wrote:Anyone have the ricketts email to send them a strongly worded letter


I wonder if we will see less Tom walking around Wrigley greeting fans this year.
It would give me great joy to see him roundly booed when shown on the big screen, but 90% of fans at Wrigley will be oblivious to what has (or hasn't) happened this offseason.
0 x

champaignchris
Starter
Posts: 956
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:40 pm
x 10
x 212

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby champaignchris » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:25 pm

SouthSideRyan wrote:
Bertz wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:Holy horsefeathers



So much for not really wanting to play in Philadelphia. He is now a Phillie for life


25.4 per year...or put another way Brandon Kintzler plus Cole Hamels plus .4 million

Horsefeathers Theo just as much as Tom


Now think about what Russell is making


Chatwood + Duensing + Descalso + Russell + Kintzler = $25.9M. That's 5 guys that will have pretty negligible value this year and you could still have Hamels.

(BTW, I will cop to being all in favor of signing Chatwood, although it quickly became apparent over last offseason that the Cubs could have waited and signed him or someone very like him for quite a bit less.)
0 x

Hunter
Starter
Posts: 747
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:09 pm
x 46
x 159

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Hunter » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:25 pm

Time to update the thread title.
0 x

Perd
Starter
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:39 am
x 29
x 193

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Perd » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:26 pm

The no opt out thing is pretty crazy. What a miserable offseason.
0 x

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 30362
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 46
x 6076
Contact:

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Brian » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:27 pm

toonsterwu wrote:If this is the contract, then Boras/Harper screwed up by passing on the Nationals reported offer (10/300) and the Nationals rumored offer (higher than that). Yeah, he sets a record, but Machado ended up with a higher AAV, and if there's no opt out, this is just a weird, weird ending to the Harper FA. Sure, he's going to a more competitive team than Harper, but it sure feels like the Nationals offer was better, so it feels like Boras, along with ... well, a lot of us, misread the market, but we don't have a client's future at stake.

This is just a bleh deal. Tbh, it's a pretty solid deal for the Phillies, outside of the latter years likely being a mess.


the no opts (by choice) is the bad thing for Bryce, 10/300 v. 13/330 i'm not sure is much of a mistake. It will depend how he is at 36, I doubt many if any players have earned 30 million in new contracts after age 36.
0 x

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 33390
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:02 am
Location: West Michigan
x 1075

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Andy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:27 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
Andy wrote:
soccer10k wrote:
Surprised he didn’t get any opt outs in there.

Rosenthal is saying he didn't want an opt-out.


That doesn't make any sense unless it was to get extra money out of them. There's no reason to not want as much control as they are willing to give you.

Yeah, he probably didn't want one in exchange for the record contract. Which seems like a weird objective for him given that Trout is probably going to get a bigger one in a couple years anyway.
0 x

User avatar
TMan92
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8292
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:26 am
Location: San Juan Capistrano, CA
x 66
x 624

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby TMan92 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:27 pm

champaignchris wrote:
SouthSideRyan wrote:
Bertz wrote:
25.4 per year...or put another way Brandon Kintzler plus Cole Hamels plus .4 million

Horsefeathers Theo just as much as Tom


Now think about what Russell is making


Chatwood + Duensing + Descalso + Russell + Kintzler = $25.9M. That's 5 guys that will have pretty negligible value this year and you could still have Hamels.

(BTW, I will cop to being all in favor of signing Chatwood, although it quickly became apparent over last offseason that the Cubs could have waited and signed him or someone very like him for quite a bit less.)


I never use emojis but this one really fits

:barf:
1 x

Bull
Formerly MrWood
Posts: 4009
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 3:54 pm
Location: Not St Louis anymore!
x 230
x 502

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Bull » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:33 pm

champaignchris wrote:
SouthSideRyan wrote:
Bertz wrote:
25.4 per year...or put another way Brandon Kintzler plus Cole Hamels plus .4 million

Horsefeathers Theo just as much as Tom


Now think about what Russell is making


Chatwood + Duensing + Descalso + Russell + Kintzler = $25.9M. That's 5 guys that will have pretty negligible value this year and you could still have Hamels.

(BTW, I will cop to being all in favor of signing Chatwood, although it quickly became apparent over last offseason that the Cubs could have waited and signed him or someone very like him for quite a bit less.)


I like this better because without Hamels you're still paying smyly 7 million.

But when I say I like this better, be sure you understand that only means I hate it less, because I hate everything and always will beginning today.
0 x

User avatar
The Logan
Superstar
Posts: 15972
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 am
Location: Southport Corridor
x 7600
x 2526

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby The Logan » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:37 pm

The only reason he signed with Philly was because MLB The Show backed him into a corner and was like "horsefeathers pick a damn team, we gotta print these horsefeathering sleeves by next month"
1 x
Image

User avatar
ConstableRabbit
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8819
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Heavenston
x 1324
x 921

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby ConstableRabbit » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:38 pm

This is an interesting deal. On one hand, part of the allure of being able to sign a good player in his prime is that you can do a long-term contract and not have to pay for horsefeathers years. Going to 13 with full NTC doesn't really get there.

On the other hand, the AAV gives the Phillies a lot of flexibility in the prime years.

At least he's not a Dodger and at least it spreads out the talent in the NL East.
0 x
During a "Not For Women Only" panel discussion, former Cubs pitcher Mike Bielecki asked several players to invent a baseball catch phrase for Viagra. Theriot's ad campaign: "Viagra -- I always play hard."

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9982
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 6043
x 711

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Old Style » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:39 pm

champaignchris wrote: Chatwood + Duensing + Descalso + Russell + Kintzler = $25.9M. That's 5 guys that will have pretty negligible value this year and you could still have Hamels.

BRAVO, THEO! BRAVO!

Image
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President
Posts: 12123
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:58 am
Location: we stinks
x 786
x 1466

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby sneakypower » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:40 pm

Theo sucks, i hate the Ricketts, oh well, it is what it is
0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!
Posts: 33495
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 3290
x 7573
Contact:

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby big ball chunky time » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:42 pm

he barely makes more than jason heyward does lmao, we're horsefeathers
2 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.


Return to “Transactions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests