The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:19 pm

David wrote:
Backtobanks wrote:
David wrote:Eloy is not going to be anything special

I have a hunch the overwhelming majority of Cub fans would love to trade Quintana for Jimenez & Cease.

As a trade chip I'd take him back, sure.

That's pretty much why everyone here wants him back. That's a trade that badly, BADLY needs a do-over.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:23 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Based on the sweaty, kinda desperate attempts here to claim otherwise, it's weird how the White Sox system keeps getting rated so highly, I guess.

NSBB sees through the smoke and mirrors; all of the farm systems are actually reversed! The Cubs' is actually top 5 instead of bottom 5!

:roll:
1 x

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:52 pm

Can't make it past the Wild Card game. Can't beat the White Sox in the Vaunted Prospect Rankings.

Cubs are in mediocrity hell. Either sign Harper or tank.
0 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Postby 17 Seconds » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:14 pm

I'm miserable during the season sometimes but I'm sure as horsefeathers not going to sit here and suck off the white sox for having a good farm system
0 x

Bluescale
All-Star

Postby Bluescale » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:17 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:Cubs are in mediocrity hell. Either sign Harper or tank.

A mediocre 95 wins last year...A mediocre 96 wins averaged over the last 4 years. BLOW IT ALL UP!
0 x
A toast to Darrel Sink - a lifelong Cubs fan. You'll be missed.

Backtobanks
5-Time All-Star

Postby Backtobanks » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:27 pm

David wrote:
Backtobanks wrote:
David wrote:Eloy is not going to be anything special

I have a hunch the overwhelming majority of Cub fans would love to trade Quintana for Jimenez & Cease.

As a trade chip I'd take him back, sure. As a big league player, he is a DH or a bad corner outfielder.

Sounds like my description of Schwarber two years ago.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:28 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Based on the sweaty, kinda desperate attempts here to claim otherwise, it's weird how the White Sox system keeps getting rated so highly, I guess.

NSBB sees through the smoke and mirrors; all of the farm systems are actually reversed! The Cubs' is actually top 5 instead of bottom 5!

I’m reminded of similar comments on CardsTalk as the Cubs prospects were getting close to coming up. Of course those people are morons and we’re slightly less moronic
0 x
Win it for Fred

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:38 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:Can't make it past the Wild Card game. Can't beat the White Sox in the Vaunted Prospect Rankings.

Cubs are in mediocrity hell. Either sign Harper or tank.

#BridgeYear
0 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:54 pm

17 Seconds wrote:I'm miserable during the season sometimes but I'm sure as horsefeathers not going to sit here and suck off the white sox for having a good farm system

Great, but it's pretty horsefeathering funny to watch people essentially flat out deny they have a good system right now. How many different ways can someone say, "no, no; it actually sucks despite (seemingly) literally every farm ranking" before they just sound crazy.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:57 pm

Backtobanks wrote:
David wrote:
Backtobanks wrote:

As a trade chip I'd take him back, sure. As a big league player, he is a DH or a bad corner outfielder.

Sounds like my description of Schwarber two years ago.

Right, but we had Bryant and Rizzo as our star anchors of 5-8+ WAR guys. Schwarber turning in to a 2-3 (with a ~4 ceiling) WAR player doesn’t hurt us, we obviously want more but as our ~5th best position player it’s fine. The White Sox need Eloy to be that 6-8 WAR player because they don’t have it anywhere else and it’s nearly impossible to be that as a bat only DH/bad defensive Of and base runner type player. The ceiling on that guy is around 4 wins unless he hits like peak Bonds.

I do think he will hit though, but think he tops out at closer to 3 than 5 WAR and he isn’t going to be the superstar so many are anointing him as by default. He also doesn’t walk a ton and he’s had injury issues already.
Last edited by Cubswin11 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:59 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
17 Seconds wrote:I'm miserable during the season sometimes but I'm sure as horsefeathers not going to sit here and suck off the white sox for having a good farm system

Great, but it's pretty horsefeathering funny to watch people essentially flat out deny they have a good system right now. How many different ways can someone say, "no, no; it actually sucks despite (seemingly) literally every farm ranking" before they just sound crazy.

They have a nice system right now but there’s a lot of pitchers in it (one of which already blew out in Kopech) and I don’t see the Bryant type prospect that will anchor things to lead to a turn around. It seems like more depth and complimentary pieces than stars. Which is good to have, but they need stats to finish the turn around.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:06 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

They have a nice system right now but there’s a lot of pitchers in it (one of which already blew out in Kopech) and I don’t see the Bryant type prospect that will anchor things to lead to a turn around. It seems like more depth and complimentary pieces than stars. Which is good to have, but they need stats to finish the turn around.

Now how could they dramatically alleviate such a situation...
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:13 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

Bryce absolutely helps. But they’re still going to have to way over pay him to come to sit around for a few years while everyone develops with no certainty of these prospects and them all like being more 2-3 win guys than anything else and my response was not about Bryce it was just regarding why the White Sox system is good but not great and lacks stars.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:17 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:They have a nice system right now but there’s a lot of pitchers in it (one of which already blew out in Kopech) and I don’t see the Bryant type prospect that will anchor things to lead to a turn around. It seems like more depth and complimentary pieces than stars. Which is good to have, but they need stats to finish the turn around.

Bryce absolutely helps. But they’re still going to have to way over pay him to come to sit around for a few years while everyone develops with no certainty of these prospects and them all like being more 2-3 win guys than anything else and my response was not about Bryce it was just regarding why the White Sox system is good but not great and lacks stars.

It seems like most of the projections out there are talking about 2020 for them, with occasional talk of surprising in 2019.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:37 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

It seems like most of the projections out there are talking about 2020 for them, with occasional talk of surprising in 2019.

They’d have to go nuts in FA to surprise this year. Eloy was the only bat above A ball last year for them, Kopech already died and a bunch of their other prospects are pitchers so who knows with them. 2020 seems like the absolute soonest and that’s with a lot of stuff breaking right.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:39 pm

Since it's just as productive as arguing about the White Sox for some reason

And it doesn't really mean anything especially considering he appears to be AZ based, but he is at least pretending to be in Vegas.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:55 pm

Mmmm, yeah, if there's anything that's going to lure a team to taking on that horsefeathering millstone of a contract, it's guys like Happ and Schwarber.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Backtobanks
5-Time All-Star

Postby Backtobanks » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:01 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Mmmm, yeah, if there's anything that's going to lure a team to taking on that horsefeathering millstone of a contract, it's guys like Happ and Schwarber.

Apparently you didn't hear that Schwarber isn't on the trade block, so we'll have to lure a team to take on Heywards contract by using Chatwood, Russell, Duensing, Kintzler, Bote, or Caratini. :lol:
0 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Postby 17 Seconds » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:06 pm

Backtobanks wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Mmmm, yeah, if there's anything that's going to lure a team to taking on that horsefeathering millstone of a contract, it's guys like Happ and Schwarber.

Apparently you didn't hear that Schwarber isn't on the trade block, so we'll have to lure a team to take on Heywards contract by using Chatwood, Russell, Duensing, Kintzler, Bote, or Caratini. :lol:

It's funny how you disappeared when the cubs were on top of the world and now you're back with a vengeance at the slightest hint of trouble.
3 x

Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:11 pm

17 Seconds wrote:
Backtobanks wrote:

It's funny how you disappeared when the cubs were on top of the world and now you're back with a vengeance at the slightest hint of trouble.

When you have a community with as much respect for his opinions as ours, you can’t help but keep coming back.
3 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:41 pm

Brian wrote:Since it's just as productive as arguing about the White Sox for some reason

And it doesn't really mean anything especially considering he appears to be AZ based, but he is at least pretending to be in Vegas.

Unfortunately it appears the Cat has been outed

4 x
Screw Pitchers

Backtobanks
5-Time All-Star

Postby Backtobanks » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:50 pm

17 Seconds wrote:
Backtobanks wrote:

I never disappeared as you keep claiming, but what is this trouble that you talk about? I see posters claiming we're a 95 win team without making any moves. We just need Harper to put the cherry on top of the cupcake.
0 x

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:58 pm

Bluescale wrote:
Hairyducked Idiot wrote:Cubs are in mediocrity hell. Either sign Harper or tank.

A mediocre 95 wins last year...A mediocre 96 wins averaged over the last 4 years. BLOW IT ALL UP!

Average finish since the end of the 2017 season: Behind the Milwaukee Brewers.
0 x

Gmoney08
All-Star

Postby Gmoney08 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:09 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:
Brian wrote:Since it's just as productive as arguing about the White Sox for some reason

I cant believe I googled Barry Manilow Vegas to try and verify if something named CharlestheCat was lying about being in Vegas.

But, I did.. and Manilow had a return tour in Vegas through October and is back again in 2019.. so a Manilow advertisement is very lucky.

So CtheCat still good, and Harper to Cubs done deal is what this means.
3 x

Gmoney08
All-Star

Postby Gmoney08 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:10 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:

I cant believe I googled Barry Manilow Vegas to try and verify if something named CharlestheCat was lying about being in Vegas.

But, I did.. and Manilow had a return tour in Vegas through October and is back again in 2019.. so a Manilow advertisement is very lucky.

So CtheCat still good, and Harper to Cubs done deal is what this means.
2 x

Return to “Transactions”