Cubs Acquire Brandon Kintzler for Minor Leaguer Jhon Romero

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: Cubs Acquire Brandon Kintzler for Minor Leaguer Jhon Romero

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:09 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:Yeah, I understand that we used up all our resources on guys who ended up being meh like Quintana and Darvish so we are just kind of stuck with it. Still sucks today though.

I hear ya. Hopefully we can rebuild the farm system quickly enough for it to have some use in the back half of this "window" we are in.
0 x
Win it for Fred

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Re: Cubs Trade for Brandon Kintzler

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:17 pm

UMFan83 wrote:but I don't think the Cubs could have gotten a difference making starter without having to trade Happ

I'm struggling to see the problem here.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

The_Achiever
Starter

Postby The_Achiever » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:18 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:Yeah, I understand that we used up all our resources on guys who ended up being meh like Quintana and Darvish so we are just kind of stuck with it. Still sucks today though.

I really thought starting pitching was going to be the strength of this team this year. They need to find a way to acquire a real difference maker this offseason.

That being said I like the bullpen adds and hope we can squeeze something out of Hamels this year. Would be awesome if he gets on the Justin Verlander contending team rejuvenation plan....
1 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:31 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:but I don't think the Cubs could have gotten a difference making starter without having to trade Happ

In the offseason sure, in season it's kinda risky/dumb especially with KB's injury and Almora vs RHP.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:53 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

In the offseason sure, in season it's kinda risky/dumb especially with KB's injury and Almora vs RHP.

I've got more faith in the offensive side figuring things out/juggling injuries than the starting rotation being able to.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:57 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

I've got more faith in the offensive side figuring things out/juggling injuries than the starting rotation being able to.

That's fair, but also there wasn't a SP traded that I would've traded Happ for. Gausman would've been cool for like Monty+ prospects or whatever, I wouldn't trade Happ for Archer he has too many red flags and all the Mets and Stroman and whoever else weren't traded and maybe not even available.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

Southpaw19
All-Star

Postby Southpaw19 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:22 am

I just remembered that I "met" him 2 weeks ago in Disney World. He was at ESPNZone doing an interview and that's where we had dinner that night.
0 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:23 am

Southpaw19 wrote:I just remembered that I "met" him 2 weeks ago in Disney World. He was at ESPNZone doing an interview and that's where we had dinner that night.

I really miss Chicago's ESPN Zone.
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES

cubsclapp
Starter

Postby cubsclapp » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:29 am

Andy wrote:
Southpaw19 wrote:I just remembered that I "met" him 2 weeks ago in Disney World. He was at ESPNZone doing an interview and that's where we had dinner that night.

I really miss Chicago's ESPN Zone.

I went once... to watch this game. So it was a pretty good time (hours after going to watch Kordell Stewart and the Bears play, and actually win).

2 x
@TheBlogfines

Return to “Transactions”