Carl Traded to Padres

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 28848
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 42
x 4944
Contact:

Re: Carl Traded to Padres

Postby Brian » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:26 pm

Yeah, not sure why Padres needed international cap money to do this but got it back from the Rockies.

0 x

BigSlick
Superstar
Posts: 14762
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:04 pm
x 3143
x 525

Re: Carl Traded to Padres

Postby BigSlick » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:27 pm

Seconding all the folks sad to see Carl go. He was trash this year but he was always electric on the mound and seemed like a good kid
0 x
Image
"The only good sabermetrician is a dead one." --Andrew Jackson, 1776.

I have to admit its getting better...it can't get no worse - The Beatles (On the Cubs)

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 34784
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 944
x 6368

Re: Carl Traded to Padres

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:27 pm

2 x
Image

Edith Cox
Starter
Posts: 503
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 7:34 am
x 6
x 9

Re: Carl Traded to Padres

Postby Edith Cox » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:30 pm

Brian wrote:Yeah, not sure why Padres needed international cap money to do this but got it back from the Rockies.



Wish Herron got the TJ he reportedly needed to see if it helped him hit.
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61007
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3030
x 10586

Re: Carl Traded to Padres

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:32 pm

squally1313 wrote:We traded some minor league outfielder I've never heard of for pool money...assuming that evens out.

That other trade was reported first so I was temporarily happy they added some
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 79334
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 3078
x 4944
Contact:

Re: Carl Traded to Padres

Postby UMFan83 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:34 pm

With this trade we are down to I believe 9 players on the current active roster who played for the Cubs in 2016.... 2 pitchers (Hendricks and Lester) and 7 position players (Contreras, Javy, KB, Rizzo, Almora, Heyward, Schwarber)
Last edited by UMFan83 on Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
snoodmonger
Superstar
Posts: 12041
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:53 am
Location: LA
x 247
x 340
Contact:

Re: Carl Traded to Padres

Postby snoodmonger » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:35 pm

Carl skipping Trump to see the dinos is the most legit thing that's ever happened. I'll miss him. I'll always believe if he'd just started Guyer off w a heater in the bottom of the 10th in the WS, he'd have gotten him out and we'd have never needed to turn to Monty.
9 x

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 28848
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 42
x 4944
Contact:

Re: Carl Traded to Padres

Postby Brian » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:38 pm

UMFan83 wrote:With this trade we are down to I believe 9 players on the current active roster who played for the Cubs in 2016.... 2 pitchers (Hendricks and Lester) and 7 position players (Contreras, Javy, KB, Rizzo, Almora, Heyward, Schwarber)


I was just doing this math too, it officially brought it down to less than half of the Game 7 25 man roster is now still with the Cubs (13 to 12). The 9 you listed and then Russell (AAA), Zobrist (Div.), Strop (IL).
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7451
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 666
x 684

Re: Carl Traded to Padres

Postby TomtheBombadil » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:42 pm

Damn, I really liked Carl. OTOH Weick is a pretty clever get
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

User avatar
Deeg
All-Star
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:14 pm
Location: Kagurazaka, Japan
x 28
x 73

Re: Carl Traded to Padres

Postby Deeg » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:25 pm

snoodmonger wrote:Carl skipping Trump to see the dinos is the most legit thing that's ever happened. I'll miss him. I'll always believe if he'd just started Guyer off w a heater in the bottom of the 10th in the WS, he'd have gotten him out and we'd have never needed to turn to Monty.


Yeah, that was a strange call by Montero. If Edwards wasn’t a rookie he’d probably have shaken him off.
0 x
“Hopefully, we’ll have two of the most important currencies in the game – impactful young players and available payroll dollars and go make some hay. But we’re not there yet. We haven’t accomplished anything yet.”

User avatar
cl smooth
All-Star
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 3:59 pm
Location: brooklynnnnnnnnnn
x 3280
x 763

Re: Carl Traded to Padres

Postby cl smooth » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:00 am

Deeg wrote:
snoodmonger wrote:Carl skipping Trump to see the dinos is the most legit thing that's ever happened. I'll miss him. I'll always believe if he'd just started Guyer off w a heater in the bottom of the 10th in the WS, he'd have gotten him out and we'd have never needed to turn to Monty.


Yeah, that was a strange call by Montero. If Edwards wasn’t a rookie he’d probably have shaken him off.


speaking of montero: he was partying in ibiza with carlos gonzalez a few weeks ago.
0 x

User avatar
itisallpartoftheplan
All-Star
Posts: 4692
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 11:38 pm
x 131
x 1133

Re: Carl Traded to Padres

Postby itisallpartoftheplan » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:32 am

8 x
-The Plan worked!!

Edith Cox
Starter
Posts: 503
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 7:34 am
x 6
x 9

Re: Carl Traded to Padres

Postby Edith Cox » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:52 am

CJ having a rough go of it with SD. Gave up a par of runs last night and 4 more tonight. He got pulled with a reliever coming to hit, and the next guy gives up a hit to him for one of Edwards runners to score.
0 x

Jaxbro
Starter
Posts: 764
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:49 pm
x 37
x 123

Re: Carl Traded to Padres

Postby Jaxbro » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:16 pm

Not that it overly matters anymore, but Carl was screwed when whomever came up with the asinine revamp of his delivery
0 x

NOLA
All-Star
Posts: 4344
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 923
x 672
Contact:

Re: Carl Traded to Padres

Postby NOLA » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:43 pm

Jaxbro wrote:Not that it overly matters anymore, but Carl was screwed when whomever came up with the asinine revamp of his delivery

Murton’d
0 x

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 25829
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 7670
x 5436

Re: Carl Traded to Padres

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:48 pm

Jaxbro wrote:Not that it overly matters anymore, but Carl was screwed when whomever came up with the asinine revamp of his delivery

Nah, he hurt his shoulder last August or September and has sucked since. I don’t think the revamped delivery affected him getting hurt. If anything it was a way to try and cover his diminished stuff.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 28848
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 42
x 4944
Contact:

Re: Carl Traded to Padres

Postby Brian » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:16 pm

IL'd again
0 x

User avatar
Guancous
All-Star
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:08 am
Location: Silver Spring, MD
x 1581
x 371

Re: Carl Traded to Padres

Postby Guancous » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:20 am

What would his career look like now if he had closed out the World Series?
1 x
Jose Quintana will be on the next Cubs team that wins a World Series.

Bull
Formerly MrWood
Posts: 3955
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 3:54 pm
Location: Not St Louis anymore!
x 184
x 481

Re: Carl Traded to Padres

Postby Bull » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:58 pm

Guancous wrote:What would his career look like now if he had closed out the World Series?

I think we can use Monty as a guide to suggest that not much would have changed.
0 x


Return to “Transactions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests