Cubs Tender Deadline Moves

Bertz
All-Star
Posts: 1383
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:59 pm
x 563
x 743

Cubs Tender Deadline Moves

Postby Bertz » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:53 pm



Our Addison Russell nightmare is over, and the Cubs are going to try and sneak Danny Hultzen down to Iowa. Everything else is as expected.
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame
Posts: 20920
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 2:38 pm
x 175
x 517

Re: Cubs Tender Deadline Moves

Postby UK » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:19 am

Bertz wrote:https://twitter.com/Cubs/statuses/1201650088361254918

Our Addison Russell nightmare is over, and the Cubs are going to try and sneak Danny Hultzen down to Iowa. Everything else is as expected.


I hope that year of defending the indefensible was worth it.
4 x
"It was kind of weird to look in the mirror the first time I tried my hat on." - Mark Bellhorn

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 17737
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: THE HONORABLE JUDGE PRICK
x 1672
x 782

Re: Cubs Tender Deadline Moves

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:36 pm

For a team struggling with pitching, is non-tendering Hultzen a good idea? It seemed like he was pitching well and worth hanging on to
0 x
Image

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56467
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 520
x 6941

Re: Cubs Tender Deadline Moves

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:53 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:For a team struggling with pitching, is non-tendering Hultzen a good idea? It seemed like he was pitching well and worth hanging on to


0 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 17737
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: THE HONORABLE JUDGE PRICK
x 1672
x 782

Re: Cubs Tender Deadline Moves

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:37 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:For a team struggling with pitching, is non-tendering Hultzen a good idea? It seemed like he was pitching well and worth hanging on to




that scares the hell out of me. I feel like he's worth hanging on to, and another team out there will surely offer him a contract. especially a small market team needing pitching
0 x
Image

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56467
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 520
x 6941

Re: Cubs Tender Deadline Moves

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:46 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:For a team struggling with pitching, is non-tendering Hultzen a good idea? It seemed like he was pitching well and worth hanging on to




that scares the hell out of me. I feel like he's worth hanging on to, and another team out there will surely offer him a contract. especially a small market team needing pitching


Hultzen had 17 IP last year between AAA and MLB, and still walked 11 guys. He turned 30 a few days ago. If some team wants to guarantee him an MLB deal on that, more power to them. Hultzen is a cool story and I'd like to see him in Iowa again, but I'm not going to worry if he's not. They just grabbed a comparable/better option off waivers in Pelham, that type of upside/risk profile in a reliever is not in short supply.
2 x

User avatar
The_Achiever
All-Star
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:28 am
x 516
x 285

Re: Cubs Tender Deadline Moves

Postby The_Achiever » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:19 pm

Maybe this tender stuff isn't working and Theo needs to start getting rough :-O
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7645
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 666
x 703

Re: Cubs Tender Deadline Moves

Postby TomtheBombadil » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:30 pm

The_Achiever wrote:Maybe this tender stuff isn't working and Theo needs to start getting rough :-O


Image
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler


Return to “Transactions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests