0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Re: Rendon to Angels

Postby TomtheBombadil » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:43 am

OK now trade Adell for Contreras please
0 x
Spoiler: show

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:44 am

Bertz wrote:Trout-Ohtani-Rendon is a fun as hell middle of the order

Really hope they keep going. A) I'm tired of the Astros and B) Trout deserves good things
6 x

The_Achiever
All-Star

Postby The_Achiever » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:56 am

Those are three fun and good ass players. I’m a new LA resident so maybe they will be my #2 for now. Plus the Seal and Joe but truth be told I was ready to move on from him haha.
0 x

toonsterwu
All-Star

Postby toonsterwu » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:05 am

Still think the offense needs another bat, but with Adell likely getting time in CF (basically what we hope Brennan Davis can become) and Rendon, the offense jumps a lot. Still think another bat in there would give them better depth and consistency when Ohtani isn't DH'ing. Not sure how much Upton and Pujols can offer. A couple starters, and the fact that they "missed" on Cole might end up being a blessing in disguise. They have a strong enough system that they could potentially land a FA starter and make a trade.

I guess I could see Adell for Contreras, as they have Marsh close to ready, and Jordyn Adams developing.
0 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:11 am

toonsterwu wrote:Still think the offense needs another bat, but with Adell likely getting time in CF (basically what we hope Brennan Davis can become) and Rendon, the offense jumps a lot. Still think another bat in there would give them better depth and consistency when Ohtani isn't DH'ing. Not sure how much Upton and Pujols can offer. A couple starters, and the fact that they "missed" on Cole might end up being a blessing in disguise. They have a strong enough system that they could potentially land a FA starter and make a trade.

I guess I could see Adell for Contreras, as they have Marsh close to ready, and Jordyn Adams developing.

Adell for Contreras would be sweet. Q makes sense there too. Agree with your overall thinking though, they seem a bat short. Even if it’s just a platoon/role player type(s), like Thames to play 1B VS RHP (or DH when Ohtani isn’t) makes some sense, imo, board favorite Cesar Hernandez makes some sense too.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:48 am

toonsterwu wrote:Still think the offense needs another bat, but with Adell likely getting time in CF (basically what we hope Brennan Davis can become) and Rendon, the offense jumps a lot. Still think another bat in there would give them better depth and consistency when Ohtani isn't DH'ing. Not sure how much Upton and Pujols can offer. A couple starters, and the fact that they "missed" on Cole might end up being a blessing in disguise. They have a strong enough system that they could potentially land a FA starter and make a trade.

I hope Davis is a more polished hitter at 20 than Adell. The Angels did Adell a disservice by pushing him out of AA in a season he only played 76 games, and even see the AFL assignment as admitting that a little. He was doing great but it wasn't like an overwhelming reason to throw him into AAA with the way teams handle prospects right now/before the next strike, he had no shot at the MLs this year and it was his second injury shortened season in a row. The only league Adell's taken even 200 consecutive PAs in is the Cal, basically the low minors PCL, and he had some of his worst plate discipline as a pro there before an unnecessary promotion to AA in 2018 where he struggled. Once pushed to AAA this season he finished with 72 Ks in just 243 PAs including the AFL and slashed something like .270/.330/.400. Even more of a hot take is that I thought Amaya physically looked more the part than Adell did in the Future's Game and AFL

There's no real solid explanation for how the Angels have moved Adell from a player devleopment POV. He likely opens 2020 in AAA, which would have been the case had they kept him in A and High A all of 2018 and AA all of 2019 anyway so what even did they gain but good press over quality reps...I think he still has an AS caliber ceiling but also he's a guy impacted by the prospect meta game where teams might prioritize winning the pretty algorithmic rankings
0 x
Spoiler: show

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

Bear Cub
Starter

Postby Bear Cub » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:56 am

Merry Christmas Joe Madden. Rendon is a stud.
0 x
Bring Sammy back into the Cubs family!

Return to “Transactions”