Tony Kemp traded to Oakland

Bull
Formerly MrWood

Re: Tony Kemp traded to Oakland

Postby Bull » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:19 pm

TomtheBombadil wrote:Hot take: quibbling between the Descalso and Kemps on this roster is a waste of time

Unfortunately, it is all we have.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:26 pm

TomtheBombadil wrote:Hot take: quibbling between the Descalso and Kemps on this roster is a waste of time

We all spend a a bunch of time on a Cubs message board in 2020. None of us are exactly using our time to its fullest.
5 x

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:57 pm

Tomthewhatever lecturing the rest of us on what is or isn't a productive use of time in terms of Cubs discussions is absolutely amazing.
9 x

biittner77
Superstar

Postby biittner77 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:44 pm

squally1313 wrote:Tomthewhatever lecturing the rest of us on what is or isn't a productive use of time in terms of Cubs discussions is absolutely amazing.

More of a scolding than a lecture.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:46 pm

Banedon wrote:We all spend a a bunch of time on a Cubs message board in 2020. None of us are exactly using our time to its fullest.

Oh yeah...I think it's good that they were able to turn one into a serious enough prospect, not breaking or breaking the Cubs which of the two

NonProfitCow wrote:LOL, You might even be able to get Tony Kemp for him.

Well no, they're not going to trade him back to the A's for the same player
0 x
Spoiler: show

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:22 pm

TomtheBombadil wrote:Looking at Rivas this feels like the most Rays trade Epstein has ever made. Seems like a likely MLer already thanks to good plate discipline and from the NCAA on, already ready for AA in his second full season, seems like a hybrid between Seth Smith and Yonder Alonso. Fits the future prospect mold of NCAA + CCBL + quick to the upper minors...Feels like the end of an era though, Epstein's usually on the other side of this trade selling the A ball bat. OTOH I could totally see Rivas drawing trade interest even already. He should do well in updated system rankings and look ^^ BA's already helping out. I think he's a better prospect than Strumpf

Hot take: quibbling between the Descalso and Kemps on this roster is a waste of time

between this and the loney comp i'm getting mark grace vibes
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:30 pm

David wrote:
TomtheBombadil wrote:Looking at Rivas this feels like the most Rays trade Epstein has ever made. Seems like a likely MLer already thanks to good plate discipline and from the NCAA on, already ready for AA in his second full season, seems like a hybrid between Seth Smith and Yonder Alonso. Fits the future prospect mold of NCAA + CCBL + quick to the upper minors...Feels like the end of an era though, Epstein's usually on the other side of this trade selling the A ball bat. OTOH I could totally see Rivas drawing trade interest even already. He should do well in updated system rankings and look ^^ BA's already helping out. I think he's a better prospect than Strumpf

Hot take: quibbling between the Descalso and Kemps on this roster is a waste of time

between this and the loney comp i'm getting mark grace vibes

Does he smoke Marlboro Reds between innings and have a drinking problem?
0 x

chopsx9
Starter

Postby chopsx9 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:35 pm

TomtheBombadil wrote:
Banedon wrote:We all spend a a bunch of time on a Cubs message board in 2020. None of us are exactly using our time to its fullest.

Oh yeah...I think it's good that they were able to turn one into a serious enough prospect, not breaking or breaking the Cubs which of the two

NonProfitCow wrote:LOL, You might even be able to get Tony Kemp for him.

Well no, they're not going to trade him back to the A's for the same player

Didn't Dickie Noles get traded for himself?
1 x
Stone added: "Lou's probably grumpy, because he only went 3-for-11 against me with no RBIs."

Janelle-Alexis
Role Player

Postby Janelle-Alexis » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:26 pm

I forgot Tony Kemp was even on the team. So getting anything for him is a bonus.
0 x

Return to “Transactions”