Souza DFA'd

Post Count Padder
Superstar

Souza DFA'd

Postby Post Count Padder » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:29 am

Uhhhhh ok

We had claimed someone named Ildemaro Vargas off waivers earlier today and he's out of options.
0 x
formerly known as PriorPower
formerly known as the guy with Huston Street in his sig

:flythew:

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Re: Souza DFA'd

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:34 am

Fingers crossed somehow this will lead to Brennen Davis, 5th OFer(!!), this month. You know you want to, Theo!
0 x
Spoiler: show

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:39 am

Seriously, shut the horsefeathers up about the Cubs bringing up Brennen Davis. It's not happening and it's a stupid idea.

2 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:40 am

Wow...how many people have ever been in the lineup for game 1 of a DH and then DFA'd before game 2?!
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:47 am

Regular Show wrote:Seriously, shut the horsefeathers up about the Cubs bringing up Brennen Davis. It's not happening and it's a stupid idea.

Doesn't the other account usually handle this part now?

I don't think there's anything stupid about it btw, but you've been so exasperating for so long that at this point I'm mostly annoyed you get to curse! Do agree it's at least most likely not happening though
0 x

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:52 am

TomtheBombadil wrote:
Regular Show wrote:Seriously, shut the horsefeathers up about the Cubs bringing up Brennen Davis. It's not happening and it's a stupid idea.

Doesn't the other account usually handle this part now?

I don't think there's anything stupid about it btw, but you're so exasperating at this point that I'm mostly annoyed at how much you get to curse

I ignore your posts the vast majority of the time because I think you're an idiot, because you're bad at scouting, because you're bad at logic and because you repeat stupid ideas like this over and over again...

Yes, my cursing is definitely a problem. Are you clutching your pearls?
0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:03 am

Regular Show wrote:I ignore your posts the vast majority of the time

Remember when you used to brag about ignoring all of them all the time constantly? Oh the glory days of probably any moment before this in 2020!

I guess you noticed the Judas one was running out of steam lately and had to change it up? Let's not!
0 x

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:11 am

I really wish Tim had just banned you when they were discussing it. Just move on to your next stupid idea.
0 x

Post Count Padder
Superstar

Postby Post Count Padder » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:18 am

That got out of hand fast.
2 x
formerly known as PriorPower
formerly known as the guy with Huston Street in his sig

:flythew:

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:20 am

Regular Show wrote:I really wish Tim had just banned you when they were discussing it. Just move on to your next stupid idea.

Bigger mystery than my not being banned: How are you sooooo safe?* Like it's reposting tweets and insulting other posters, that's the entire act! Yeah I'm the worst message board poster or whatever that's fair, but you're constantly calling other people here dumb! It's just weird because you aren't *that* smart! I'll never get it but also I don't really want to?

Honestly when you do it with the Judas account at least that one hasn't constantly promised to always ignore me and never interact yada yada. I get why Brennen Davis on the ML roster seems like a wild idea on the surface, development control control development beep boop, but there's some reasons it could under conditions very similar to the ones we're in or approaching and after the Campusano callup by the Padres a couple nights ago isn't even so unprecedented

*Note/Edit: Not that I actually want you banned!
Last edited by TomtheBombadil on Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

itisallpartoftheplan
All-Star

Postby itisallpartoftheplan » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:23 am

Cubs are losing 1-0
0 x
-The Plan worked!!

itisallpartoftheplan
All-Star

Postby itisallpartoftheplan » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:23 am

itisallpartoftheplan wrote:Cubs are losing 1-0

Crap. 3-0
0 x
-The Plan worked!!

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:17 pm

Regular Show wrote:I really wish Tim had just banned you when they were discussing it. Just move on to your next stupid idea.

You two keep this childish garbage up and we'll just boot you both. It's getting old.
2 x

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:53 pm

Banedon wrote:

You two keep this childish garbage up and we'll just boot you both. It's getting old.

Dude, I rarely ever interact with Tom here and everyone knows it. That was another stupid post.
0 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star

Postby NOLA » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:57 pm

Banedon wrote:

I have no stake in this whatsoever, but Tom is rarely if ever the instigator here and catches way too much horsefeathers, IMO. If people don’t like him just ignore him. I’m surprised he doesn’t push back more, actually.
5 x

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:00 pm

NOLA wrote:
Banedon wrote:

I have no stake in this whatsoever, but Tom is rarely if ever the instigator here and catches way too much horsefeathers, IMO. If people don’t like him just ignore him. I’m surprised he doesn’t push back more, actually.

From the game threads:

Regular Show wrote:Not a huge priority, but I think we need to cut Steven Souza Jr. and Almora. We could add better backup OF/bench bats at the trade deadline for minor prospects. I hate Almora and I'm not impressed with Souza. Hopefully, we have a little bit of money to add some better bats and create a deeper roster...

I wrote that in the game threads a few weeks back. I was happy that Souza was DFA'd and my intention was not to come in here and yell at Tom. I don't normally do that. I usually just ignore his posts, NOLA.
0 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star

Postby NOLA » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:12 pm

Regular Show wrote:I wrote that in the game threads a few weeks back. I was happy that Souza was DFA'd and my intention was not to come in here and yell at Tom. I don't normally do that. I usually just ignore his posts, NOLA.

Maybe you do. I’m just saying that you and Judas (are you the same guy?) do drive-bys on him for no other reason than you don’t like him often enough. I enjoy his posts and to see him get banned for pushing back once out of every 10 times he gets dumped on by the self anointed cool police would be a bummer. This is a message board FFS.
7 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:34 pm

tom is ok, if you're gonna make fun of him you gotta be clever about it like me
1 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:00 pm

NOLA wrote:
Banedon wrote:

I spent a good month and a half ignoring him, and then completely unprompted, I got a snarky "wrong account" jibe aimed at me. At that point, all bets were and are off. When he does something especially dumb, he now gets a gif. I only select the most ridiculous posts because I'd run out of gifs if I responded to them all. I really only target the incoherent babble or godzilla-related content.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:05 pm

Tom, you should just go back to PSD. Im pretty sure the guys who beefed with you there are gone.
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:14 pm

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:Tom, you should just go back to PSD. Im pretty sure the guys who beefed with you there are gone.

IIRC that one Cardinals/MLB mod got caught shoplifting a WalMart or something while I was there and it made the news. That guy suuuuuuuuuucked. I left PSD for NSB, probably some thanks to davell

Acctually a few people that post here were pretty active over there...Kyle, David, davell, North, aren't you WowWolf?..I wonder what happened, probably me leaving? :dontknow:

BTW some of my most controversial PSD takes ended up playing out OK:

- Cubs should take Bryant, this one wasn't so controversial but definitely the popular choice was Gray
- Cubs should take Happ over this pop up Benintendi guy, maybe they end up with both since the Red Sox may move on
- Cubs should take Beede notsomuch
- Gary Sanchez is elite, would have been better than Russell as a return for Samardzija if that was ever the offer (Sanchez's character got absolutely railroaded as a prospect)
- CC Sabathia is elite
- Jeff or Greg or Tim or John or something Garcia isn't going to become a starter for the Cardinals
- Almora's bat no bueno
0 x

Return to “Transactions”