Minor signings

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 45154
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:02 pm
Location: Naperville, IL
x 78
x 2415
Contact:

Re: Minor signings

Postby Tim » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:00 pm

DiceMan4221 wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:With the Brothers release, I assume it means it's likely between Richard or Ramirez (hopefully they feel he's back or close to it) for the last bullpen spot?

Or Parra or Olmos or Riefenhauser

Or Edwards
0 x
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 55846
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 446
x 6093

Re: Minor signings

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:42 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:With the Brothers release, I assume it means it's likely between Richard or Ramirez (hopefully they feel he's back or close to it) for the last bullpen spot?


These 6 are locks:

Rondon
Strop
Grimm
Cahill
Wood
Warren

Richard is probably close to a lock as a 2nd LH, although one of the other LH could technically take the job.

That leaves Ramirez, Edwards, Acevedo, Riefenhouser, Patton, Jokisch, or an NRI like Olmos for the 8th spot, which could conceivably go to a 5th bench player(Victorino, Szczur, Kawasaki, etc) too.
0 x

Bull
Formerly MrWood
Posts: 3838
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 3:54 pm
Location: Not St Louis anymore!
x 123
x 431

Re: Minor signings

Postby Bull » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:13 pm

6 pitchers and Vogelbach optioned and/or reassigned.
0 x
Image

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 77415
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2808
x 4292
Contact:

Re: Minor signings

Postby UMFan83 » Tue May 17, 2016 4:06 pm

I'm just treating this as an "other teams transactions that aren't worth their own thread"

TT's favorite catcher signs a 3 year/$31m extension with Pissburgh.
0 x
Win it for Fred

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6040
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 451
x 506

Re: Minor signings

Postby TomtheBombadil » Tue May 17, 2016 4:22 pm

UMFan83 wrote:I'm just treating this as an "other teams transactions that aren't worth their own thread"

TT's favorite catcher signs a 3 year/$31m extension with Pissburgh.


Damn good move by the Pirates
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
Little Slide Rooter
Formerly West Side Rooter
Posts: 26376
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:41 pm
Location: Here
x 193
Contact:

Re: Minor signings

Postby Little Slide Rooter » Sun May 22, 2016 3:08 am

Angels Designate Al Alburquerque For Assignment

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/05/angels-designate-al-alburquerque-for-assignment.html

Any interest in bringing him back home?
0 x
We won the World Series.

biittner77
Superstar
Posts: 10571
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:10 am
Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore
x 15
x 220

Re: Minor signings

Postby biittner77 » Mon May 23, 2016 5:07 pm

Little Slide Rooter wrote:Angels Designate Al Alburquerque For Assignment

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/05/angels-designate-al-alburquerque-for-assignment.html

Any interest in bringing him back home?


Only on the condition that he shortens his name to Al Burquerque
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66727
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5454
x 5301

Re: Minor signings

Postby Banedon » Mon May 23, 2016 5:53 pm

biittner77 wrote:
Little Slide Rooter wrote:Angels Designate Al Alburquerque For Assignment

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/05/angels-designate-al-alburquerque-for-assignment.html

Any interest in bringing him back home?


Only on the condition that he shortens his name to Al Burquerque


Now I have Weird Al stuck in my head.
1 x

davell
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21380
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:55 pm
x 1808
x 2291

Re: Minor signings

Postby davell » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:28 pm

World Series winning pitcher Jean Machi gets released by #Cubs-gets arrested. https://t.co/cVCupMnFFK #MILB

Peeing in public. Guess what a drunk idiot did with his wiener?
0 x
Additional rule: you have to have one or the other.The only exception is you have an amazing board name. davell, I'm looking at you; put up a [expletive] avatar or something if your name only sounds like somebody tried say Dave as they lapsed into a coma.


Return to “Transactions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], cubs0097 and 5 guests